Monkey's Tree House: Perpetual Multi-Tent LED Bucket Scrog w/ PICS!

Initial temperature tests are not looking good. Tent 3 hit 90 degrees in about an hour. I'm probably going to have to open up a few more intakes to double the capacity of the passive airflow. I did tape the ducting into place to create additional bends for light proofing. I was still getting a little light bleeding in from the adjacent tents. I then flipped the mylar floor of the tent upside down so the black side is facing up and that took care of about 99% of the light bleed. I think the rest will be taken care of by a few cut to fit air filters over the ducts. Right now my temps are my biggest concern. Firing up all three panels does generate a lot of heat.

On a positive note, I think I'll be able to run this entire rig on a single 15 amp circuit. I was concerned that I would have to run an additional line from the breaker box, but I think we'll be ok.

:Namaste:
-Monkey

Update: After doubling my passive intakes on all 3 tents and increasing the ambient airflow in the room, I got my temps down to 85. Its not ideal yet, but we're getting closer. I might need to invest in a couple new fans a little sooner than I thought.

Lesson of the day: Gorilla Tape solves most problems! The rest can be solved with weed or firearms.
-Monkey

great read :bravo: great 2 bed room Tree House :cheer:its coming together with precision & a well thought plan, you are going to have very happy girls in there, I wish I could add some ideas to get your temp down.

all I can add, that I did not see here mentioned is, if the cooling blower is pulling air out,

consider using it to push the cooler air, in. you seem to have thought of everything needed for success in the tree house.:thumb:

Last, I like your comedy mixed in with the updates :high-five: in my opinion, a sense of humor is always a big help,

I laughed my way thru every page, thank you, we know the ole saying "laughter is the best medicine" and you,

you will soon be growing "the second best medicine"

very soon there will be "Monkey Meds, In the House!" :goodjob: A+

Hey guys,

Today wasn't the most productive day in the Tree House, but I got a few things done. I'm really striking out on finding a new container for this control bucket. The wastebasket idea so far hasn't worked at all. On top of that, I mounted the drain off switch too low in the bucket. So as soon as the drain on switch drops, the pump shuts off immediately. Ideally, what I need is a bucket at least 14.5" tall, with flat sides, and holds no more than 5 gallons. I found a couple online, but I'd rather buy it locally than pay shipping on $5 buckets. I checked the hydro store and the big box store and found nothing.

I did finish the cloner and its gonna be awesome! Go figure that the LAST thing I'm going to need to build just happens to be the first thing that's actually done. I also picked up some 7" ducting and will start working on my ventilation shortly. No signs of life yet from the seeds, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there. Otherwise, all is well.
-Monkey

I've seen square buckets (with sealed lids) kind of equivalent to basic 5gal , and fairly rigid plastic. Kitty Litter and IceMelt salt are two things that come in them, among others. Might do - haven't seen them sold empty.

I've got TopLED 300W regular and 300W reflector. I think you'll be pleased. 600 is a lot - make sure you don't run out of height!

:thumb: :peace:

Edit: I see you got some - very similar

:cheer: slowgro!! :high-five: lol, i was just going to bust your balls, i was going to suggest Rubbermaid tubs, too,

then I saw the Monkey has ordered some square buskets, which I'm sure are much more "plumbing friendly",

the Monkey is not cutting any corners in here. (Monkey,,, slowgro:thumb: has several LED grows under his green-belt)

aside from Gorilla glue tape, that Monkey has built a Tree House that would make NASA proud. (any other tape brand would not fit in here) Is their any other tape that the would fit well with the theme in here, Gorilla tape in Monkeys TreeHouse :rofl:

have a great week up here Monkeyman :circle-of-love: is this rope gonna burn my hands if i slide down to fast? out :surf:

Hey Trichomes & Slowgro!
:welcome:Thanks for stopping by to monkey around in the tree house with me!

all I can add, that I did not see here mentioned is, if the cooling blower is pulling air out,

consider using it to push the cooler air, in.

Well, I'm trying to keep my number of fans to a minimum and I really need the big boy fan on odor control and air exchange. I think my big issue is recirculating the heat in the room. So my fan is moving enough air to keep the tents cool, but all that heat in staying in the room with the tents. Fortunately, my house has jump ducts. So I'm gonna stick a second fan on the jump duct pulling the hot air out the room. I think That will take care of it.

600 is a lot - make sure you don't run out of height!

Thanks Slowgro. Thats what the scrog screens are for. The tents seem tall enough that you'll never run out of height, until you start putting things in them. LOL! On my last run with no tents and no scrog, I had an indoor plant that was about 7' tall including the 5 gallon bucket. It was a monster!

Is their any other tape that the would fit well with the theme in here, Gorilla tape in Monkeys TreeHouse :rofl:

have a great week up here Monkeyman :circle-of-love: is this rope gonna burn my hands if i slide down to fast? out :surf:

Hell NO!!! Gorilla Tape FTW!!! You should see how many layers ended up on my fan/filter sealing that thing up. LOL!!! And don't use the rope, we've got a fireman's pole to slide outta this tree house. NASA style! :rofl: I Love it!

Thanks for visiting guys and I really appreciate your input!!!

-Monkey

great read :bravo: great 2 bed room Tree House :cheer:

BTW Trichs, we've got THREE bedrooms in here! One for me, one for you, and one for Slowgro. Unless you guys are down for spooning, in which case, I get to be the Monkey in the Middle!!!:laughtwo:

all caught up now ......lol-d about in the beginning :rofl:

Hi ChopBro & ButADream! You guys are definitely welcome to hang out in the tree house with me. Any friend of Trichomes, is a friend of mine. I've gotta say, I think the tree house might be getting a little crowded. Maybe we need a secret handshake. Or better yet, a password! Yeah!, a member's only password for entrance into the tree house...

So here we go: I'll give +Reps to the first person who can name the movie that my screen name references. If you need some help, check out my profile and avatar. Its all in character. And I'll pick a quote from that movie and that will be our password!

*note* this post is all in good fun. Its never too crowded in here and I welcome everyone who wants to chime in!

-Monkey

Hey bro!! just checkin on ya, Have a Fabulous Fired-day :byebye:

Subscribed, I like the way your are allowing us to go step by step with you, sounds like this is going to be a great journal.
I don't know what movie your talking about but, my vote would be "KNUCKLE DRAGGER".

:wood: Who's there :cheesygrinsmiley: Knuckle Dragger

BTW Trichs, we've got THREE bedrooms in here! One for me, one for you, and one for Slowgro. Unless you guys are down for spooning, in which case, I get to be the Monkey in the Middle!!!:laughtwo:

I'd rather sleep in an igloo with no blanklet, lol. thanks for the update

:wood: May I come in?

(psssst - trichomes sent me)
:high-five::passitleft:
Yeah! what he said.......Yeah trichomes sent me .....in a sorta kinda way :rofl:
:passitleft::passitleft:
Hi ChopBro & ButADream! You guys are definitely welcome to hang out in the tree house with me. Any friend of Trichomes, is a friend of mine. I've gotta say, I think the tree house might be getting a little crowded. Maybe we need a secret handshake. Or better yet, a password! Yeah!, a member's only password for entrance into the tree house...

So here we go: I'll give +Reps to the first person who can name the movie that my screen name references. If you need some help, check out my profile and avatar. Its all in character. And I'll pick a quote from that movie and that will be our password!

*note* this post is all in good fun. Its never too crowded in here and I welcome everyone who wants to chime in!

-Monkey

Grandmas Boy is the hilarious stoner-movie,

I hope u didn't disappear on us Monkeyman, me & my 3 buddies spent a lot of time to get up here.

where's that monkey? :hmmmm: where's my gift? lol :circle-of-love:

And more Reps for Trichs! Well done my friend:goodjob:

Ok, so I'm getting really bored waiting for these seeds to pop. Its been almost 2 weeks now, and still no green in the tree house. I added a warming mat because I thought they might have been cold. The La Musa seed looks like it has a well developed taproot, but still hast broken the surface. The Auto Blueberry still isn't showing any signs of popping.

I think I might go ahead and start working on my Super Lemon Haze and OG13s and abandon my plans for an autoflower test run.

-Monkey

Just Checking in .....Hope you have a good Munchyday :peace:

Hope those lights work out for you, I have 1 and don't like it at all. You have a really nice setup.

Thanks Shaft! I hope they work out too, I didn't want to deal with the heat of HID lights, and didn't want to spend a fortune on overpriced LEDs. Time will tell.

:yahoo:Its time for a Monkey Happy Dance,:yahoo: because My Grow Journal is finally up!!!:yahoo:

That's right Tree House Members, we have signs of life in here. I had to abandon my auto seeds after a failed germination attempt. To be honest, I got really discouraged at that point, which is why I haven't been around as much. So, a couple days ago, I started all 6 of my remaining seeds (3x Super Lemon Haze & 3x OG Kush). I was super excited when I went to mist them this morning and found that all 6 have sprouted and are pushing through with 2 of them already vertical. We Have LIFTOFF!!! (did i mention that this treehouse doubles as a spaceship?)

So you can check out the pics in my Journal and I hope to see you all there. I will continue to update this thread as well as we keep making improvements in the treehouse and working out various kinks in the system. But for now, its time for a celebratory bowl and maybe even more happy dance!

-Monkey

Back
Top Bottom