Mother plant life span?

Ripples

I have a variety of strains of mother plants. Been cloning for about a year of them and been very successful. No signs of any problems but was wondering if a mother has a life span? Will she eventually need to be replaced? If so when and why? The strains are Chronic, LG, SS and Cheese all from feminized seed first generation... Thanks for the help friends! Happy Growing!!!

If you are worried about losing one, perhaps it is time to get a clone of each and let them Veg. You will still have the same plants just your mother will be a younger version. I would not suggest doing anything with your mothers though until the new mothers were well developed and you felt comfortable sending the ole gals out to retirement.
Just a thought.
OG

I've seen vids of 10 year old mother plants. There's some rediculously old mother strawberry plant in Japan that's the source of something crazy like 62% of their strawberries. I would doubt that longevity would be behind any loss of genetics. In 100 years, someone will pull out thier 110 year old mother plant they're still cloning to set the record straight.

Till then, ymmv.

Back
Top Bottom