Best way to get a Mother Plant from regular seeds ?

Fuzzy Duck

I got these 3 plants all which came from regular seeds, which ultimately need to be sexed and one to become the mother plant !

001730.JPG

1. Do I veg all plants intill i can take cuttings and then sex the cuttings with 12/12 ?

2. Take cuttings and then sex plant grown from seed ?

Whats the average life span of a mother plant, can you honestly keep it in veg for more than a year ?

At which point do the genetics get to messed up from continious cloning from origanil mother plant ?

I think i may of gone around things slightly the wrong way any advice would be welcome :peace:

A mother plant can live as long as you care for it. It remains in the veg stage unless you are trying to take a plant thats gone through flowering-- and revert it back to veg to become a mother.

In fact many growers on this site will actually cut down there plant, leaving a little tiny area of growth towards the base of the stalk, and will regrow the whole plant back to VEG.

The only difference between veg and flowering is light. VEG 18-6 Flower: 12-12. Usually plants will begin revealing there sexes before they enter the 12-12 light cycle. Females will first show signs of hairs before a male shows pollen sacks, which can be a problem if you dont keep an eye out.

Ideally, you should have several plants in a veg stage before trying to get cuttings. The healthiest, largest plant will be ideal to take cuttings-- root them-- and then flower them. They will reveal the sex of the larger veg'ing plant you have chosen ( you can do this to all of them.)

Plants grow much faster once entering the flowering period, but your clones need a strong root base before you can achieve that. If your looking for a fool-proof process, feminised seeds from seed banks guarantee the sex, making cloning and veg stage easier and much quicker (half the time since you don't have to wait for sex) This time could be better spent nurturing your plants and training them into larger "bushes" than a single stalk. This will also yield you more bud and cuttings. hope this helped

...S.C...

Back
Top Bottom