Move To Legalize Marijuana In California Sparks Fears About Drop In Prices

Sorry but people still are getting thrown in jail for mmj which is legal. So I do not see how making it legal again is going to change this. What will change the situation is if we make amendments which makes it legal to go after elected officials and LE for making false arrests and targeting the sick. Also making sure the LE obeys the laws that we have voted in. If you think arrests are going to go away... you are mistaken... they are going to continue.

Yes, but if im not mistaken, the main reasons these arrest are possible is because the mmj laws have so many gray areas. The new bill looks pretty clean cut to me.

EDIT: As for federal arrest, well, as my previous post discussed, thats a completely different story. It all depends on how they decide to handle the situation.

I hope legalization puts the dispensaries out of business. I support legalization but I will not support dispensaries. They are greedy a$$holes.
grow your own

Then grow your own... I am sure you will find it easy.

Becoming a grower isnt hard at all really. It is a weed, and I think anyone with some patience can grow an ok crop. But theres a huge difference when you take it to the next level. Growing is an art, and one in which new technology and methods are always coming out (just look at how much the industry has progressed in the last 10 years). Anyone who thinks that growing A+ weed is as simple as throwing some seeds in the ground and keeping your plant alive is just silly heh.

I dont live in California, but why all the hate for dispensaries? They provide a valuable service, not only to patients, but also to people who smoke for less than life threatening conditions lol.

It seems that people have a general disrespect for people who make money off of cannabis. Yet without the people who are willing to take that chance you wouldnt have a national cannabis movement. Just my opinion. :peacetwo:

Becoming a grower isnt hard at all really. It is a weed, and I think anyone with some patience can grow an ok crop. But theres a huge difference when you take it to the next level. Growing is an art, and one in which new technology and methods are always coming out (just look at how much the industry has progressed in the last 10 years). Anyone who thinks that growing A+ weed is as simple as throwing some seeds in the ground and keeping your plant alive is just silly heh.

I dont live in California, but why all the hate for dispensaries? They provide a valuable service, not only to patients, but also to people who smoke for less than life threatening conditions lol.

It seems that people have a general disrespect for people who make money off of cannabis. Yet without the people who are willing to take that chance you wouldnt have a national cannabis movement. Just my opinion. :peacetwo:

Not just good... but very good. I am in support of the small time grower who got into this industry to help others and provide for there families. That is who I am in support of. I know alot of them who help the sick and the needy who can not afford top dollar for the meds they grow.

I want to fix the medical side first and have it as so the state LE and DA will obey the laws because if you think they are going to do it for legalization... I have some ocean front property in AZ to sell you...;)

I do grow my own. considering that my father owns a nursery I know how to grow most anything including veggies, fruits, flowers, and yes marijuana. My family always had a garden. I have no use for dispensaries. I grow great bud. I do not nor will I ever sell it.
Marijuana dispensaries profit off of peoples medical problems. I know some people have no other choice than to use them and I feel sorry for those people. I am self sufficient.
I think every one who smokes should try to grow their own. If you don't know how you can easily get instructions on the net. Hydro stores can also be helpful but it is not necessary to tell them you are growing pot. They already know.
I will sell you the Brooklyn bridge if you think dispensaries don't make $.
grow your own. its better to try and fail than not to try.

I disagree. Someone has to grow it and pay for the expenses. Pennies on the dollar? I think not. It's fun to think it will be cheap but the reality if that the product still has to be produced. The cost is not going to go down so the price will stay the same or go up considering the new demand.

Have you thought about the fact that people will be growing outdoors AND indoors in large quantities once it is legal? The more people growing means a larger amount of medicine; more medicine = lower price - economics 101.

Have you thought about the fact that people will be growing outdoors AND indoors in large quantities once it is legal? The more people growing means a larger amount of medicine; more medicine = lower price - economics 101.

Yes, I have thought about that but I also know that it is very expensive to grow quality and most people will not go through the hassle and expense of growing when they can pay more and just buy it when they want it. That, and the increase of the number of people wanting it will keep the price for quality up. They grow alot of indoor and outdoor now. The demand will be increased dramatically after November.

Well, technically, the "Economics 101" thing that you were looking for is more along the lines of "more supply with the same level of demand = lower price" (or same supply with less demand, which probably doesn't apply here;)). Although it might amount to the same thing if it is true that "since the consumers aren't deterred by the current cannabis laws, demand will not change much." Then again, there are plenty of people in the "but those consumers will consume a whole lot more of it" camp... So, it could either go down, stay the same, or even conceivably (but almost certainly not bloody likely) go up depending on whether the supply significantly increases in proportion to the demand.

Yes, I have thought about that but I also know that it is very expensive to grow quality and most people will not go through the hassle and expense of growing when they can pay more and just buy it when they want it.

It costs to grow quality but "very expensive" is highly debatable. Compared to current prices, not so much. When even the most expensive nutrient line works out to less than $2/gram? Add in recurring expenses such as the electric (and water) bill, CO2 tank refill, etc. and the cost to grow is still extremely low compared to current prices. I wouldn't factor in any expense that is related to "stealthing" the grow as that is based primarily upon cannabis' current illegality (and secondarily, on a person's living in an area where they don't feel that it is safe to leave their doors unlocked at night - and that's not the cannabis' fault, lol). Bulbs aren't that cheap but factored against the amount of product that they will produce, it's a small expense. Most equipment lasts years. Genetics - if you do not already have them - are not a negligible expense, but again this is something that will last for years (or indefinitely).

The single biggest expense that non-growers are paying for is the balls of the person who is willing to do something that is illegal.

That, and the increase of the number of people wanting it will keep the price for quality up. They grow alot of indoor and outdoor now. The demand will be increased dramatically after November.

Will it? I imagine that it will increase, but I am not too sure about the "dramatically" part. I know plenty of people who do not grow because of the current laws but I know VERY few who choose not to consume because of them.

They just get it from somebody else who is willing to take the risks, and they do pay a premium for that.

For now.

A little birdie told me that there are sites that will help even the most inexperienced newbie learn to grow his/her own high-quality cannabis. Don't look now, but we're posting on one.

Why not get some brick weed... it is 50.00 an ounce and you do not have to worry about dispensories. Or grow your own... I am sure you will find it real easy to grow your own.... not! LOL

Well about 3 years ago me and a friend invested $500 on 1.5lbs of brick weed and $50 on isopropyl alcohol and I can tell you without a doubt the return was a lot more then $550 I would say we got about 4oz of top notch qwiso.

Well, technically, the "Economics 101" thing that you were looking for is more along the lines of "more supply with the same level of demand = lower price" (or same supply with less demand, which probably doesn't apply here;)). Although it might amount to the same thing if it is true that "since the consumers aren't deterred by the current cannabis laws, demand will not change much." Then again, there are plenty of people in the "but those consumers will consume a whole lot more of it" camp... So, it could either go down, stay the same, or even conceivably (but almost certainly not bloody likely) go up depending on whether the supply significantly increases in proportion to the demand.

It costs to grow quality but "very expensive" is highly debatable. Compared to current prices, not so much. When even the most expensive nutrient line works out to less than $2/gram? Add in recurring expenses such as the electric (and water) bill, CO2 tank refill, etc. and the cost to grow is still extremely low compared to current prices. I wouldn't factor in any expense that is related to "stealthing" the grow as that is based primarily upon cannabis' current illegality (and secondarily, on a person's living in an area where they don't feel that it is safe to leave their doors unlocked at night - and that's not the cannabis' fault, lol). Bulbs aren't that cheap but factored against the amount of product that they will produce, it's a small expense. Most equipment lasts years. Genetics - if you do not already have them - are not a negligible expense, but again this is something that will last for years (or indefinitely).

The single biggest expense that non-growers are paying for is the balls of the person who is willing to do something that is illegal.

Will it? I imagine that it will increase, but I am not too sure about the "dramatically" part. I know plenty of people who do not grow because of the current laws but I know VERY few who choose not to consume because of them.

They just get it from somebody else who is willing to take the risks, and they do pay a premium for that.

For now.

A little birdie told me that there are sites that will help even the most inexperienced newbie learn to grow his/her own high-quality cannabis. Don't look now, but we're posting on one.

Well actually I have to agree with you on so many points but must disagree on a few because costs of some of the equipment being fairly high is actually the cost of living in our society where its always bettter to get what you want right now when you want it with as little effort as possible.

As formyself Being on a limited income due to my disability I had to spend a lot of time shopping around for everything I would need which meant waiting for sales at different shops, special offers from the different nutrient companies a bit of driving to pick up some items directly from the manufacturer especially pots.

Then I also chose to purchase equipment that would be considered a bit outdated by todays standards but 5 years ago were considered top of the line for example I was able to purchase a 1000w switchable ballast with a sylvania mh and an Artemis hps (according to the manufaturers specs it provides 17% more light and 25% more blue orange and violet then standard hps which is comparable to an eye hortilux) and a Yield master 6" classic reflector.

The total for the light system I got was $324 tax included, then picked up a 6" exhaust fan 450cf for $100 plus 25 for the ducting and a roll of mylar toss in the cost of velcro ,adhesives, new plumbing including an RO/DI water filter and my total cost to set up the grow room was $650. Then add in $250 to equip a large pantry to be a nursery/mother room using 2 bright wing reflectors with 150w cfl bulbs and a 4 bulb 4' shop light with good grow bulbs the left over mylar and a few circulating fans and for under $1000

I have put together a grow system that allows me to harvest about 20-30 oz every 9-10 weeks. And so Far my cost of nutrients has been around $130 for the entire year. Sofar I have harvested just under 8lb this past year for a total cost of $1800 when you work it out though 1800$ / 8lb is only $225 per pound to grow your own as opposed to paying $400 per oz at a dispensary. What I think drives most first timers away is they lose confidence that they can do it on there own so they give up these are also the type of people where you will get good deals on used equipment personally thats where I think all of the only used once items on craigslist come from/

It costs to grow quality but "very expensive" is highly debatable.

The single biggest expense that non-growers are paying for is the balls of the person who is willing to do something that is illegal.:bravo:

Thank you TS as usual you hit the nail on the head in a courteous way but got your point across with a bullet.+Rep

It does not matter if a grower is obeying all the Laws in the universe if you get some cop who is hell bent on f**king up your operation you're done. In jail with no bail period.
All the $$$$ in the world can't get you out.
I have friends who live in L.A. who inform me they spend up to $150 per week on meds and are happy to do so. Several have told me dispensaries are so much a part of peoples lives here it is like a pharmacy. I am told they do not want to take the risk of growing and haven't got the time to do so and their medicine has allowed them to return to work and be productive members of society. This could not be accomplished with their former medication because of side effects that rendered them useless in the work force.
:adore: From what I am told I believe in Dispensaries and have heard first hand accounts of the good they do.
I know of dispensaries that have stepped up and saved many of their members from legal headaches by sending employees to help and pick up all the overage patients or growers might have and on very short notice.:thanks::adore:
This being said I see how they could also be a bad thing and abuse their power. We must all work together to help our fellow patients and growers in every way we can. Law Enforcement utilizes many departments and personnel from across the country to arrest legal MMJ gardens and patients. IMO dispensaries should be treated like any other shop but be Non Profit! The Market will equalize and force out the "Bad" shops and the "Good" shops will survive and prosper.
I champion all the Cannabis Warriors who have sacrificed or risk their freedom providing quality meds for the dying, ill, disabled and all aflicted patients.
We must stand united in the the struggle to repeal marijuana Prohibition!

I have put together a grow system that allows me to harvest about 20-30 oz every 9-10 weeks. And so Far my cost of nutrients has been around $130 for the entire year. Sofar I have harvested just under 8lb this past year for a total cost of $1800 when you work it out though 1800$ / 8lb is only $225 per pound to grow your own as opposed to paying $400 per oz at a dispensary. What I think drives most first timers away is they lose confidence that they can do it on there own so they give up these are also the type of people where you will get good deals on used equipment personally thats where I think all of the only used once items on craigslist come from/

Great Advice Cateros +Rep I know what you have gone through trying to find the best care for your disability and am delighted you are OK and harvesting so well.
Congratulations on your success! :goodjob:

From what I am told I believe in Dispensaries and have heard first hand accounts of the good they do.
I know of dispensaries that have stepped up and saved many of their members from legal headaches by sending employees to help and pick up all the overage patients or growers might have and on very short notice.:thanks::adore:
This being said I see how they could also be a bad thing and abuse their power.

In my version of "a perfect world," I would have... Well, that's a whole bookshelf of novels and many would wonder if I should be committed, lol. But one thing that would exist in my perfect world would be dispensaries that take ZERO profit from either the selling of cannabis in any of its forms or related activities that they chose to perform, but instead would receive a fair stipend from the state to cover their operating costs and the wages of the workers that would be paid out of funds collected on cannabis and cannabis-related items that are sold for recreational purposes.

As to what that fair amount would be... It would have to be a variable that depended on factors such as the cost of living in the community that the dispensary/grow operation (yes, I'd allow the dispensaries to produce their own cannabis) was located in. It would be enough so that the people working there would neither starve nor get rich - the words "solidly middle-class" come to mind which would dissuade the people who are in the "business" now for reasons of greed from being in it while at the same time allowing those who are in it either out of an honest desire to help people or because they just love to grow (or both) to make it without suffering undue financial hardship. I would see things scaled so that people who live in areas where the cost of living is higher receive higher wages - but NOT so much so that everyone wishes to move to those communities. I'd also offer a bonus program that awarded people who chose to educate themselves in the field, to perform extra services (such as picking up and returning customers, providing in-home service, etc.), for growing less-productive strains or strains that took longer to flower, for providing related services such as could be construed as "general wellness" services, and even one based upon how they were judged by their customers. This would allow anyone who decided to join this profession to survive while doing so without raping their customers to do it and would allow those who went the extra mile to receive extra compensation.

Not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

One thing you guys seem to miss is this law will not allow you to grow for sell without paying for and following regulations and fees as a comercial grower.It also doesn`t allow for selling without a sellers permit and collecting taxes.If you don`t have these you are out of the game! Look what happended to alcohal after it`s prohibition ended.Very few people made shine anymore as it was now everywhere.Big corporations took over and the little guy was out in the cold.They will control the market and the price.There isn`t a real supply and demand as they control that also. It`s just excuses to raise prices when it suits em. It`s called tax,control and regulate you into being good little consumers and worker ants.You want that for MJ as well?

Like any other business, expenses such as those caused by regulation and paperwork are not coming out of the grower's pocket - they are passed along to the end-user in the form of higher prices. And taxes are just that, taxes. They are added to the price, collected by the seller, and forwarded to the government. You've never been in retail, I take it?

Sure, there's a bit more to the story than that. Such as the question of whether or not the end-price paid for the consumer after allowing for the extra expenses (that won't really be all that much assuming the grower can keep decent records and operate simple financial programs and the like) and added tax will still allow the product to compete in a market where people will suddenly be allowed to grow enough cannabis to fill their recreational-consumption needs (assuming they are not hopeless and unteachable as a grower, or do not consume more than two ounces of cannabis or so recreationally per week).

What it comes down to - and what I've gotten the impression that you are so afraid of - is that people who are cleaning up right now in the commercial side of the cannabis industry will no longer find it as profitable as they once did. Now I could be wrong, I suppose - and if that is in actuality the case then I would ask that you forgive me but I have only your 44 posts here at this site to gather my impressions from. But as far as playing the devil's advocate goes you seem to be focusing exclusively on the worst-case disaster scenarios. So I might not be wrong.

Either way, I don't have a single issue with taxing something that is for recreational use. It is far better in my mind than taxing something that is for medical use, or food, or any one of a number of things that are purchased because of a need instead of a want. While I disagree with MANY policies and agendas that my local, state, and federal government have and things that they do, I freely admit both that government in some form is necessary to civilization and that a government must be financed. The two options that I see are to either tax things that must be purchased - which universally places much more of a burden on those least able to afford it - or to tax things that can be purchased but are not considered necessary.

But anyway, what it comes down to is that either commercial growers will continue to exist, or they will not. If there is a demand for their services, they will. If there comes a time when there is no longer enough demand to make their profession viable, then they will have to change professions.

I just don't see a problem with that, lol. I mean... Seriously. There are many things that there are no longer a demand for, and while I may lament the passing of the professions that used to create such goods, I do so mostly because I hate to see the craftsmen that produced them in times past give way to machine-produced or inferior substitutes that are now largely produced in countries who's political agendas are even more unthinkable to me than this country's are. I in NO WAY feel that just because a person did something yesterday, last week, or even for the last 50 years... that it should guarantee them a spot in that profession (and a profitable one, apparently?) in the future if there is not enough demand for their services to support such a position.

As for your moonshine argument, while it is true that few people make it... I've got a couple jars in the fridge right now with raspberries in them (yum!). I've also got a bottle of homemade wine. As I don't drink much these days they'll probably be around for quite a while if you'd like to stop by and have a glass. Neither the moonshine nor the wine were produced commercially. But there are plenty of microbreweries around that produce both wine and beer (spirits are rarer - basically because the production of them in smaller quantities just isn't very profitable). Some of those microbreweries (and micro-"wineries") are doing quite well. Some have gone out of business due either to their piss-poor business skills or their poor product. That means that they had no business being in that business. Capitalism at work.

And those that wish to can make their own beer at home - in reasonable quantities - and not have to pay a tax on it.

Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before they'll have their own personal cannabis gardens in the next room.

I realize that with every adult citizen able to grow their own in reasonable quantities that seeds will soon be passed back and forth like favorite novels or dinner recipes (as will clones) and that this could pose significant problems to the small-scale seed breeder. <SHRUGS> I'm sorry if the proposed legislation causes you to fear that you will be forced to go into a profession that you have a better chance at succeeding in. But fear not! If your genetics are of outstanding quality, if you have managed to produce stable-breeding genetics, if you are able to compete against all the guys down the street - and across the state... You might end up lowering your prices in able to compete on volume sales or even raising them in order to stake your place in the "premium niche," I couldn't guess and in any event would not attempt to dictate how you should run your business.

In short, if you deserve to make a profit at what you have chosen to do, then I'm sure that you'll continue to do so.

If you spend half the time working with your genetics that you do worrying about the worst possible outcomes of legalization then I'd expect that you'll do fine.

Either way, although I hope you do well - and would feel just as badly if I were to at some point read that you didn't make it as I would if I read the same about anyone else - I just cannot place your wants against either the wants of the rest of the state or the financial needs of the state. Nothing personal, I just feel that in the balance you come up on the light side.

Like any other business, expenses such as those caused by regulation and paperwork are not coming out of the grower's pocket - they are passed along to the end-user in the form of higher prices. And taxes are just that, taxes. They are added to the price, collected by the seller, and forwarded to the government. You've never been in retail, I take it?

Sure, there's a bit more to the story than that. Such as the question of whether or not the end-price paid for the consumer after allowing for the extra expenses (that won't really be all that much assuming the grower can keep decent records and operate simple financial programs and the like) and added tax will still allow the product to compete in a market where people will suddenly be allowed to grow enough cannabis to fill their recreational-consumption needs (assuming they are not hopeless and unteachable as a grower, or do not consume more than two ounces of cannabis or so recreationally per week).

What it comes down to - and what I've gotten the impression that you are so afraid of - is that people who are cleaning up right now in the commercial side of the cannabis industry will no longer find it as profitable as they once did. Now I could be wrong, I suppose - and if that is in actuality the case then I would ask that you forgive me but I have only your 44 posts here at this site to gather my impressions from. But as far as playing the devil's advocate goes you seem to be focusing exclusively on the worst-case disaster scenarios. So I might not be wrong.

Either way, I don't have a single issue with taxing something that is for recreational use. It is far better in my mind than taxing something that is for medical use, or food, or any one of a number of things that are purchased because of a need instead of a want. While I disagree with MANY policies and agendas that my local, state, and federal government have and things that they do, I freely admit both that government in some form is necessary to civilization and that a government must be financed. The two options that I see are to either tax things that must be purchased - which universally places much more of a burden on those least able to afford it - or to tax things that can be purchased but are not considered necessary.

But anyway, what it comes down to is that either commercial growers will continue to exist, or they will not. If there is a demand for their services, they will. If there comes a time when there is no longer enough demand to make their profession viable, then they will have to change professions.

I just don't see a problem with that, lol. I mean... Seriously. There are many things that there are no longer a demand for, and while I may lament the passing of the professions that used to create such goods, I do so mostly because I hate to see the craftsmen that produced them in times past give way to machine-produced or inferior substitutes that are now largely produced in countries who's political agendas are even more unthinkable to me than this country's are. I in NO WAY feel that just because a person did something yesterday, last week, or even for the last 50 years... that it should guarantee them a spot in that profession (and a profitable one, apparently?) in the future if there is not enough demand for their services to support such a position.

As for your moonshine argument, while it is true that few people make it... I've got a couple jars in the fridge right now with raspberries in them (yum!). I've also got a bottle of homemade wine. As I don't drink much these days they'll probably be around for quite a while if you'd like to stop by and have a glass. Neither the moonshine nor the wine were produced commercially. But there are plenty of microbreweries around that produce both wine and beer (spirits are rarer - basically because the production of them in smaller quantities just isn't very profitable). Some of those microbreweries (and micro-"wineries") are doing quite well. Some have gone out of business due either to their piss-poor business skills or their poor product. That means that they had no business being in that business. Capitalism at work.

And those that wish to can make their own beer at home - in reasonable quantities - and not have to pay a tax on it.

Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before they'll have their own personal cannabis gardens in the next room.

I realize that with every adult citizen able to grow their own in reasonable quantities that seeds will soon be passed back and forth like favorite novels or dinner recipes (as will clones) and that this could pose significant problems to the small-scale seed breeder. <SHRUGS> I'm sorry if the proposed legislation causes you to fear that you will be forced to go into a profession that you have a better chance at succeeding in. But fear not! If your genetics are of outstanding quality, if you have managed to produce stable-breeding genetics, if you are able to compete against all the guys down the street - and across the state... You might end up lowering your prices in able to compete on volume sales or even raising them in order to stake your place in the "premium niche," I couldn't guess and in any event would not attempt to dictate how you should run your business.

In short, if you deserve to make a profit at what you have chosen to do, then I'm sure that you'll continue to do so.

If you spend half the time working with your genetics that you do worrying about the worst possible outcomes of legalization then I'd expect that you'll do fine.

Either way, although I hope you do well - and would feel just as badly if I were to at some point read that you didn't make it as I would if I read the same about anyone else - I just cannot place your wants against either the wants of the rest of the state or the financial needs of the state. Nothing personal, I just feel that in the balance you come up on the light side.

Never been in retail but I know enough that I don`t want MJ in retail ether.I agree with your point that sellers won`t have to pay for expences and taxes as they will carry that along with higher prices.And yes that is the way retail works.

I don`t think everyone will be able to grow there own.Many people don`t have yards,they live in apartments others have extra long term gests and will have for some time because of employment these days.And many people just work to many hours to be able to grow or have jobs that require them to travel around to much. I also disagree that a 5x5 area will support most users because it is written per property not per person .

I know, not think that the people who grow and sell now will be out of business. For those people it is helping them pay there house payments and raise there families.Most are not that rich.They do work hard to bring good quality bud to both tha streets and the clubs.I know in only a short time if this Proposistion passes they will join the ranks of welfare.Whole counties in Northern Cali will see a tax base destroyed.I don`t think corprate run farming will produce quallity bud.Look at the crap corparate run farms makes for medical MJ in Canada! You can see a package being opened up on urbangrower and it doesn`t even look as good as shake the bottem of last years left over bag that you find in the couch! To say they would do any better under goverment controll here would be wishful thinking at best.

I`m not likely to have any problem selling my seeds as I have many very rare genetics and have been selling my packs of seeds starting at $60 a pack at auction and they end up going for as high a bid as $200 a pack of ten.They sell world wide but many customers are from Cali.If anything if this law were to pass it would only increase demand for them.My intrest is fareness.I think this law is wrong for so many reasons. What is your intrest for seeing this law pass? oh and I`m not at all focusing on worst case disaster scenarios, I`m a reallist and what I`m focusing on is the real way things will be by the way the way the law is poorly written.Worst case scenarios would include what wasn`t written that could come up after this law started being imposed on people and the many grey areas it leaves open for dispute between cops,users and local goverment like local zoning nightmaires in some areas controled by ultra conservitives in goverment.And control of the local taxes that could be impossed by local goverments not friendley to MJ.

And I`m sure you really are so intrested in the needs of the state over mine! Like how many people feel so sorry for all them cops,jailers,judges,ect. having such a hard time while the people without our homes and out of work and can`t pay near as much in taxes as we used to? And all they ever want is more and more taxes! yep they just want to through more money on the fire and fix everything! our money! Well we need our money thank you!

Yup they think all these problems are going to go away. It is already legal on the medical side and there is nothing but problems as San Diego and San Barnadino is the prime examples. That new law is writen in such a way it is going to make it a field day for LE, Cities, towns and counties to come up with their own ordanances to make sure it is difficult. Again I say... make the elected officials and LE fallow the rules as they are now first... and then make it legal. I am sure the Fed is not going to back you up in court when you end up there because you failed to fallow the new legalization laws.

What is your intrest for seeing this law pass?

All of the reasons that I have previously mentioned in this and the other thread about possible legalization in California. In addition to that, I would like to see this little bit of text honored:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People. Ratified December 15th, 1791... And still, AfaIK, a valid and important part of the Constitution of the United States of America... The supreme law of this nation.

And there's a reason that the original hand-written document has big, bold text of a different style to emphasize the very first three words on page one. The government exists for and at the sufferance of

We the People

All of the reasons that I have previously mentioned in this and the other thread about possible legalization in California. In addition to that, I would like to see this little bit of text honored:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People. Ratified December 15th, 1791... And still, AfaIK, a valid and important part of the Constitution of the United States of America... The supreme law of this nation.

And there's a reason that the original hand-written document has big, bold text of a different style to emphasize the very first three words on page one. The government exists for and at the sufferance of

We the People

I agree on that Brother!

Back
Top Bottom