Mr P's Grow - Sensi Big Bud Strain - Amazon Aeroponics HPS & LED Lights

Mr P

First up, hello everyone. This is my first post, although will be the first of many. :)
Welcome to my grow diary.
It would of been nice to start my diary at week 1, although I only came across this site a few days ago, and I had already started my grow. The posts/journals I have been reading so far have been very informative, some responses have been a little too technical for me but that's because my experience of growing is limited and have never grown in anything but soil, that is all about to change though as I phase out soil and move onto amazon aeroponics. So alot of help is most likely going to be needed.
I'm currently on week 18 of my grow, with today, Sunday, being the start of the week. Before I explain at what point in my grow I am now, I'd like to briefly summarise the past 17 weeks. I had been keeping a meticulous photo diary just for me anyway, so can share a few snaps of the different stages I've gone through so you have some background info of how I've got to the stage I'm at right now.

Week 1:
1 x extra large grow tent, 1 x 600 watt. Light on 24 hours a day. Soil pots. Four cuttings of white ice.
wk1_A_wk1_G1_white_ice.jpg

Week 6:
Change light to 12/12 and begin budding. whoop whoop
wk6_A_wk6_B1_white_ice.JPG

Week 7:
Mate lends me his 400watt for extra brightness.
wk7_A_wk7_B2_white_ice.JPG

Begin to see first white hairs :)
wk7_E_wk7_B2_white_ice.JPG

Week 8:
Lots of things happen this week. Buds are coming on...
wk8_D_wk8_B3_white_ice.JPG
wk8_E_wk8_B3_white_ice.JPG

Order some seeds... Opted for Sensi seeds Big bud.
wk8_H_--_--_big_bud.JPG

And great news, I find out my girlfriend is pregnant, 8 weeks pregnant :) Quite mad the dates fell to coincide with my grow calender, mad, but overall, I'm going to be a dad, chuffed to bits like. :)

Week 9:
Seeds arrive.
wk8_K_--_--_--.JPG

I also got two seeds free which I didnt know I was getting, so a bonus. The strains are
wk8_I_--_--_roadrunner.JPG
wk8_J_--_--_haze_automatic.JPG

They go straight in the grow tent.
wk8_M_bigbud_roadrunner_haze_automatic.JPG

The buds of white ice at this point.
wk9_C_wk9_B4_white_ice.JPG

By end of week a few of the seeds have hatched.
wk9_O_wk1_G1_bigbud.JPG

As the tent is on 12/12, in the plant night time period, the newly hatched go on the windowsil.
wk9_ZM_wk1_G1_bigbud.JPG

Week 10:
The buds so far
wk10_D_wk10_B5_white_ice.JPG

The biggest.. (although looks quite measly to others I've seen on here lol)
wk10_K_wk10_B5_white_ice.JPG

The young ones
wk10_ZD_wk2_G2_bigbud.JPG

Later in the week all the leave of white ice seem to be going funny and unhealthy
wk10_ZI_wk10_B5_white_ice.JPG

Week 11:
Invest in a 90watt LED UFO light for extra brightness
wk11_Z_wk11_B6_white_ice.JPG

Leaves seem to be getting more and more unhealthy, not good :(
wk11_ZH_wk11_B6_white_ice.JPG

Buds seem good though
wk11_ZZE_wk11_B6_white_ice.JPG

young ones are also doing well
wk11_ZI_wk3_G3_bigbud.JPG

Also invest in a new tent. 1.2m x 1.2m. For the remainder of the thread this tent will be referred as tent A or mother tent.
wk11_ZZJ.JPG

Week 12:

The big bud strain are now in tent A under 24 hour 90watts UFO
wk12_ZE_wk4_G4_bigbud.JPG

White Ice buds are looking mighty fine
wk12_B_wk12_B7_white_ice.JPG
wk12_X_wk12_B7_white_ice.JPG

So time to cut..
wk12_ZK_wk12_B7_white_ice.JPG
wk13_L_wk13_B8_white_ice.JPG

From 4 white ice in soil pots, got just over 800gram wet, ended up being more or less 8oz dry.

Week 13:

Buy another 90watt UFO LED for tent A, so two all together. Running 24/7.
wk13_U_wk5_G5_bigbud.JPG

a non purple picture of the young plants so far
wk13_ZH_wk5_G5_bigbud.JPG

The road runner seed never hatched so have five young sensi seed big bud and one Haze Automatic strain.

Week 14:

They don't seem to growing as fast under these UFO lights so move them into the 2.4m x 1.2 tent. For the remainder of the thread this tent is now called tent C. I put them under 24 hours a day 1 x 600watt.
wk14_D_wk6_G6_bigbud.JPG

Decide to change everything to aeroponics so invest in a 36 x-stream propagater
wk14_G.JPG

I keep the white ice plants to see if they grow back
wk14_K_wk14_B9_white_ice.JPG

Week 15:

Invest in two 16 plant Amazon aeroponic trays
wk15_L.JPG

Also buy another 600watt HPS, the plants are loving it, nice and green :)
wk15_O_wk7_G7_bigbud.JPG

One of the plants (Haze Auto) seems to be growing buds. This had me baffled for abit, wondering how a plant could sprout buds without changing the lights over, never heard or known about that before. Bit of research and I come across this whole new thing of auto-flowering plants. wow.

Week 16:
Take cuttings of the big bud plants and bang them into the new propagater.
wk16_F_wk1_G1_bigbud.JPG

Was quite unhappy with the sprayer in this product. I assumed it was just like a mini Amazon, but it doesn't spray a mist, more like watering a football pitch. No fucking instructions either, to someone who has only ever worked with soil, instructions would of been helpful! I assume the sprayer is left on 24/7

Week 17:
Major major problem with cuttings. Half died, the other half turn brown and look they're gonna die.. bad times
wk17_Q_wk2_G2_bigbud.JPG

After alot of stress, going back through trial and error and thinking they've had two much nutrient (even though I did below the stated dose), and abit of time cursing the propagater wishing I'd stuck with soil, I work out heat was the problem. They were slowly cooking with that lid on. Move them out of tent C and into tent A. (LED tent) They seem to be doing well now.
wk17_T_wk2_G2_bigbud.JPG

The big bud plants. big bud 2, 3, and 4 after the cuttings been taken.
wk17_X_wk9_G9_bigbud.JPG

Big bud 1 with haze auto on its left
wk17_Z_wk9_G9_bigbud.JPG

And lastly big bud 5, who my girlfriend has cutely renamed 'Buddy'. Never took cuttings off her so she abit stocky than the others.
wk17_ZG_wk9_G9_bigbud.JPG

Few pics of Haze auto budding under 24 hours.
wk17_ZF_wk9_G9_haze_auto.JPG
wk17_ZE_wk9_G9_haze_auto.JPG
wk17_ZD_wk9_G9_haze_auto.JPG

And thats the point I'm upto today. Start of week 18, counting down til the cuttings are ready, hopefully the start of week 19, and then I can start using this whole new concept of aeroponics.
Start of week 19 I plan to, after taking a few more cuttings for mother plants, bud all the soil pots and after that, only use aeroponics. If Its as good as what I've read it is, I'm extremely excited.....
:)

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom