Multiple Deficencies? 14 Days old Mostly Sativa Plants

menc

Hello everybody, i'm a first timer and having difficulties to diagnose whats wrong with my babies.First of all here are the information i gathered:

Strains - Hawaiian Snow, Super Silver Haze, Arjan's Strawberry Haze - Mostly Sativa
Number of Plants - 3
Room size - 4' x 2'
Life Span - 14 days since sprout
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Pre-veg
Pot Size - 4'' x 4'' x 4'' - Germination pot
Lights - 250 Watt MH, 8'' from plants
Nutrients - General Organics Grow, Bloom, Bio Root Plus, Black Diamond.
Medium - 75% Bio-Bizz Light Mix + 25% Perlite
PPM - Don't know.I have DIY CO2 generator
PH - 6.47 - 6.52, 20 - 23 C
RH - 60% to 75%
Room Temperature -72 to 84
Watering frequency - 3-4 days

First of all i live in a country with metric system so if my conversions doesn't make sense that's the reason and i am sorry about that :)

Anyway, i decided to fertilize my plants 3 days ago. So i mixed;

0,25ml (0,008 oz) General Organics Bio Thrive Grow

0,25ml (0,008 oz) General Organics Bio Thrive Bloom

3ml (0,1 oz) General Organics Bio Root

4ml (0,13 oz) General Organics Black Diamond

into 1lt (0,25 gallon) water.BTW I decided to follow this

Oh! and also I didn't use all of the water on 3 plants.They normally start dripping after 120ml(4 oz)

Anway here are the additional info:

Water EC w/o nuts - 156 us

Water EC w/ nuts - 656 us

Water pH and temp - 6,56 pH, 20C

Runoff information:

Super Silver Haze - Runoff pH and temp: 6,31, 20.5C , Runoff EC: 1100us

Strawberry Haze - Runoff pH and temo: 6,39, 20.7C, Runoff EC: 980us

Hawaiian Snow - Runoff pH and temp: 6,43, 20.7C, Runoff EC: 1076us

So this morning my girls looked a little off so i decided to water (plain water) them when i came back from work.And here my problem begins:

Super silver haze looked like she was starving (leaves were limp, light and felt like a paper).

30_01_14_super_silver_haze.jpeg

And what's up with the light green leaves? That means something bad will come up, but i can't diagnose it :/

30_01_14_super_silver_haze-2.jpeg

And

Hawaiian snow with spots on her

30_01_14_hawaiian_snow-3.jpg

30_01_14_hawaiian_snow-2.jpg

30_01_14_hawaiian_snow.jpeg

So here is the recent watering information:

Water EC - 143 us

Water pH and temp - 6,52 pH, 22,5C

Runoff information:

Super Silver Haze - Runoff pH and temp: 6,54, 22.1C , Runoff EC: 487us

Strawberry Haze - Runoff pH and temo: 6,60, 21.6C, Runoff EC: 482us

Hawaiian Snow - Runoff pH and temp: 6,71, 21.3C, Runoff EC: 509us

And finally here are my questions:

- With all this information and photos what kind of deficiency or abundance i might have?

- At first feeding, high runoff EC means i have lots of food in the soil and last watering runoff EC means my plants are feeding themselves, right?Or are my runoff EC levels too high?

- How come my last watering pH levels climb up?What does that mean?

For those who made it here, thanks for reading and i'll be more than appreciated for any kind of comment, help, critism etc.

Cheers

Re: Multiple Deficencies? 14 Days old Mostly Sativa Plants - TIMELAPSE+pics

Over 200 views and 0 replies, interesting.. Is that mean this is a complicated problem? or maybe just a common deficiency nobody cares to answer.Believe me, i've been reading a lot and can't understand what my plants trying to tell me.And i've seen a lot of threads with almost 0 information and they got answers.

Come on people, silent treatment is not helping..

Anyway, i'm here to update.I believe at some point someone will share an opinion..

First of all time-lapse from last night.

Hawaiian snow is getting worse.Black and brown spots are spreading.

Both of the oldest leaves are sick now and look to the left! Strawberry Haze is showing some signs too, oldest leaves are getting yellow.
31_01_14_hawaiian_snow_2.jpg
31_01_14_hawaiian_snow_1.jpg

And also i was right about thirsty plants, Super Silver Haze is getting better but this morning i saw yellowish young leaves, WTF!?!?!

ssh2.jpeg

Personal notes (thinking aloud):

- is it a pH related issue? I don't think so because runoff pHs looking OK.Estimated soil pHs are around 6,06 - 6,9

- is it a nute deficiency? Maybe but even if i follow the wrong schedule i gave them a tiny portion of food.And runoff EC on pure water shows lower EC so i'm assuming they're eating whats in the soil.

- Was it too early to feed 'em? They are younger than 2 weeks but before i start to feed them their growth slowed and i thought they need food.

- Is it because pots are too small for them? I don't know.

- It is OK that old leaves die but they are definitely trying to tell me something.I've been reading deficiency diagnosis but non of them match my symptoms.

Well for me I use fox farm ocean soil. That has more then enough nut for my plants that are your size. I only use 5mil per gallon of Old Age Kelp for the times I would want nutes. It helps A lot. To me your plants look a little young to really throw and nutes at them. Looks like nute lock.

Re: Multiple Deficencies? 14 Days old Mostly Sativa Plants - TIMELAPSE+pics

Some times the growth slows because the plant moves energy towards root development at that young age. At two weeks old all they really need is water with good soil. Look up Old Age Kelp it does wonders for the little guys.

Thank you for the answer CO Finest.Feeding them was a big mistake, i hope they can survive.

About nute lock, if my plants locked themselves to get food how come my runoff EC dropped to half between waterings? Or am i misinterpreting the data?

BTW, Age Old Kelp is not available where i live.Can i replace that with General Organics Bio Weed?

And also i just realise that roots of my plants started to grow out of the pot.I was planning to transplant them to 14lt pots in 3 days, should i do it now?

I would do asap. Now you know the root system over grew its going to stump plant until you transplant them.

It is getting worse.I saw spots on upper leaves this morning.

20140201_082430.jpg
20140201_082422.jpg
20140201_082412.jpg
20140201_082409.jpg
20140201_082401.jpg

I flushed her yesterday (runoff pH.6,7 EC:517).I will change pots tomorrow but i doubt small pot is causing this.And to be honest putting a sick baby into a fresh soil with high EC (bio bizz light mix, 1.2EC) concerns me, thats why i'm waiting.

I guess she is going to die soon if i can't find whats wrong and fix it..

I found what's wrong and fixed it but forgot to post here.

- I normally water 'em with distilled water but before they got sick i decided to switch tap water.And we don't drink tap water in my city..What was i thinking..

- I forgot to check pH after i added nutrients.And i'm pretty sure it was too low for soil.

I flushed 'em with distilled water (6.7 pH), waited 2 days and then transplant them to 4gallon pots.They are doing fine and now on 18/6 cycle.

Back
Top Bottom