Mushroom compost question

So, I found some nice FAT juicy worms in the afternoon from the backgarden and put about 3 per plant pot. They dug themselves into the soil and have disappeared. I kept my plants outisde for about 5 hours to get some good sunlight and help dry the pots as well.

In the meantime im looking to get me tonnes more spaghnum p.m to transplant into 5 gallon pots, but with not as much manure.. however, seeing those mushrooms grow, im thinking to keep the cow manure ratio the same, but only slightly less. I still dont want to stress my plants with fresh manure that might burn them.

I just want to confirm if the works just go for the soil, and not harm or stress the root system in any way?

Photo_20-10-2015_4_11_05_pm.jpg
Photo_20-10-2015_4_12_04_pm.jpg
Photo_20-10-2015_4_00_31_pm.jpg
Hi desiBud420....

I enjoyed your posts and obvious enthusiasm...thank you. I must, however, rap your knuckles big time over secrecy. You have publicly shown your dabs in close up, which will allow The Man to identify you with ridiculous ease. Here in the UK your post as it stands would definitely lead to a criminal conviction, and the uniforms will be a pain in the ass til the day you die.

Always check pics for identifying clues before you post and use a suitably sized rule to indicate scale. Banknotes will do at a pinch, but that won't be helpful for foreign Brethren unfamiliar with your currency.

It's a bit late in the day, but have your pics removed stat.

And yes, I'm ex LEO.

Cheers, and keep enjoying!

Hi SR!

When you say mushroom compost, does your compost grow mushrooms at some point in/around the soil? I recently did a pH balance water feed to my soil sitting nearer to 7, and fixed closer to 6. Only then did these begin to grow. Is it toxic to my soil environment for my ladies or beneficial? Its a fungus, and I also caught a Fungus Gnat flying around earlier so Im kinda worried and want to catch anything wrong in its prior stages.

I'm not using mushroom soil compost. I am using a dry cow manure mix with soiless mix, sphagnum p.m and some dolomite lime.

Heres what I found in both my plant ssoil after pH adjustment 3 days ago:

Photo_19-10-2015_5_59_10_pm.jpg
Photo_19-10-2015_5_44_57_pm.jpg
Those look like cubes which come from mycelium which is a great fungus for plants. It’s part of KNF farming when u get a lot of mycelium growth and cow manure you get magic mushrooms. Let them grow they give off C02 when growing which is good for your plants. Or just blend em up and throw em on top and let em compost into the soil.

Hi SR!

When you say mushroom compost, does your compost grow mushrooms at some point in/around the soil? I recently did a pH balance water feed to my soil sitting nearer to 7, and fixed closer to 6. Only then did these begin to grow. Is it toxic to my soil environment for my ladies or beneficial? Its a fungus, and I also caught a Fungus Gnat flying around earlier so Im kinda worried and want to catch anything wrong in its prior stages.

I'm not using mushroom soil compost. I am using a dry cow manure mix with soiless mix, sphagnum p.m and some dolomite lime.

Heres what I found in both my plant ssoil after pH adjustment 3 days ago:

Photo_19-10-2015_5_59_10_pm.jpg
Photo_19-10-2015_5_44_57_pm.jpg
Oh and get benifical nematodes will eat all fungus nate eggs and throw a yellow sticky trap and they should be gone in a week. Mabey use sum DE on top layer if u don’t wanna go the nematode route.

Hi desiBud420....

I enjoyed your posts and obvious enthusiasm...thank you. I must, however, rap your knuckles big time over secrecy. You have publicly shown your dabs in close up, which will allow The Man to identify you with ridiculous ease. Here in the UK your post as it stands would definitely lead to a criminal conviction, and the uniforms will be a pain in the ass til the day you die.

Always check pics for identifying clues before you post and use a suitably sized rule to indicate scale. Banknotes will do at a pinch, but that won't be helpful for foreign Brethren unfamiliar with your currency.

It's a bit late in the day, but have your pics removed stat.

And yes, I'm ex LEO.

Cheers, and keep enjoying!
Backyard worms are not ideal the best to use is reg wigglers from a bait shop they eat everything in the rhizosphere then drop there castings at the bottom where the plants like it. Just IMO tho. Do your own research to see the benefits. I put 12 in each 5 gallon pot, and I’m planning on reusing the soil every grow.

Back
Top Bottom