My 2 Cannatonic Grows

tymetravler

420 Member
Hey Y'all.

I recently bought 10 seeds and, although I have several done several white widow DWC grows without problems, The cannatonic is giving me fits.

Of the 3 beans that popped they all soon developed leaves that were curled down at the tips. The most common reason cited for this effect is too much nitrogen. Since bloom fertilizer has low nitrogen and compared to the grow fertilizer (GH MaxiGro and MaxiBloom) I thought the problem would stop. No such luck! The leaves curled back in upon themselves and the problem grew worse. Leaves started turning quite yellow. The yield from the 3 plants was 9 oz. cured. Not too bad but I was struck by the lack of "crystals" around the buds. It also wasn't sticky to trim. I didn't get any finger hash and very little scissor hash. Very little effect on smoking but this is a 50/50 THC, CBD strain in the 7 or 8% for each canibinoid. On the other hand the main colas were larger than any I have grown thus far. It has since gone into oil.

The first 3 plants were grown in hydroponics and clones of each were then grown in Subcool's super organic soil mix. Fox farm Light Warrior and Ocean forest were used as the base soil. 5 gallon nursery pots were used which is actually too small I've discovered. This grow has one plant that is dying. I'm not surprised since in hydro that plant had a immature root ball. Resin Seeds, the breeder, has mentioned that they have had a grower report voids in the root mass. These plants are about 30" tall. I used LST bending and opening the center of the plants while growing. Most colas are the same distance from the lights. The yield is looking like it may not be bad for small plants but bright yellow leaves abound. These plants are full of trichomes all over sugar leaves and buds. WTF why wasn't the first grow full of resin?

If anyone else has grown cannatonic could they let me know please? Excuse the rather lengthy post. I don't post much but I'm always haunting the forums.

While I haven't grown that strain i was thinking maybe it could be a ph problem. I also have heard too much heat can stunt trichome production not really sure if that true tho. I suspect maybe it could be as i have had plants that suffer from heat stress and a little light burn and its finished product wasn't that potent but that's just theory as to why it turned out that way.

I heard raising the light for the last week helps ladies convert stored starch/nutes to THC chrichomes... Its how you get the frost

Thanks Wizzi,
The breeder does recommend the lights be around 1 meter or slightly more from the flowers. I did follow this protocol throughout the grow. Your recommendation is a good one so I guess I will raise them a bit more since I am currently in the last week of flower.

TT

Also check the mag specs, might need Epsom like the bb's e.c.t

Wizi....I have been thinking about additional magnesium, especially since it is recommended to raise the EC in young plants. If you look on the resin seed seed site they have a article on growing cannatonic in 10 weeks from seed to harvest. Interestingly the advice is to use magnesium to raise EC of seedlings nutrients. Maybe you're onto something.Thanks.

TT

Wizi....I have been thinking about additional magnesium, especially since it is recommended to raise the EC in young plants. If you look on the resin seed seed site they have a article on growing cannatonic in 10 weeks from seed to harvest. Interestingly the advice is to use magnesium to raise EC of seedlings nutrients. Maybe you're onto something.Thanks.

TT

Just a little info: growing 10 weeks from seed is from seed. If you take a cutting off a mother and put it on 12/12 it will flower automatically without and veg period and stay short and squat (as a mother is already sexually mature/ready to flick). Flicking 12/12 from a seed it won't start flowering for a couple of weeks as its concentrating on leaf/root production (little veg period). It'll yield much more than using cuttings on 12/12 because of this...

Back
Top Bottom