What is wrong with my plant?

Phillybonker

This is a outdoor grow and the plant is directly in the ground.

One of my plants is showing unusual signs that something is wrong. The middle and top of the plant has leaves that are starting to go light green/yellow (Note: The bottom half of the plant is normal with no excess yellow leaves).

Also at the very top of the plant the tips of the leaves are going brown and curling.

Some of the leaves are showing a purple tinge color.

Anyone got any ideas on what the problem might be?

20220201_185152.jpg

20220201_185159.jpg

20220201_185214.jpg

20220201_185328.jpg

20220201_185337.jpg

@Phillybonker , having studied your pics and comparing with a chart I rely on (see attached) the possibility could be potassium deficiency. See note #2 in the chart " leaf margins, tips turn rusty color and burn.
Hopefully some of the smarter farmers than I am will come up with a better solution.
Good luck.

Potassium.jpg

@Phillybonker , having studied your pics and comparing with a chart I rely on (see attached) the possibility could be potassium deficiency. See note #2 in the chart " leaf margins, tips turn rusty color and burn.
Hopefully some of the smarter farmers than I am will come up with a better solution.
Good luck.

Potassium.jpg
I use this chart also! What are the temps outside? Could have an affect on the purpling

ec8f15ffd43a229e5d92afa29bc4aba5.jpg

Good luck.

Potassium.jpg
You're right. I was supposed to give the plants potash last week but forgot to bring the potash with me. I have just feed the plants (including this one) potash just last night and watered it in.

I was worried it was some sort of nute lockout from overfeeding.

Yes indeed... looks like a potassium deficiency to me too, along with possibly a bit of phosphorus too. How long until you switch to bloom nutes? Are you attempting to feed lightly?
I should have switched to bloom nutes last week but I forgot to bring the potash with me. I just put potash down last night and watered in. This plant has always had a bit of K in it's feed but I guess it wasn't enough for this hungry girl. Thanks:)

@Phillybonker , bloom booster should not hurt, but unfortunately the damage has taken place on a few portions of the plant with no recovery to those parts, no worry though, she will pull out just fine and award you for your love and care.

I think potash takes a while before it is available?, maybe I should foliar spray it with a bloom booster?
I'm sure it wouldn't hurt and would help to get her going faster. Do you have any amendments for a topping on hand?

@Phillybonker , bloom booster should not hurt, but unfortunately the damage has taken place on a few portions of the plant with no recovery to those parts, no worry though, she will pull out just fine and award you for your love and care.
Yeah the damage isn't too wide spread. This plant has been through the wars, it got topped at one node by an unknown insect as a one or two week old seedling, then not so long ago it broke in two at the base in heavy winds. Now it's got a potassium deficiency. It is a 6ft twin tower (due to being unintentionally topped at one node) and one of my better plants so I hope it pulls through this problem as well.

See what happens after her foliar. I'm sure w that and the potash kicking in, she will revive just fine...except for those damaged leaves, of course. What you growing there anyway? I want to know :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom