My back - Again!

Guy Cavallero

Okay..... just to say that " my back going out again is frustrating" would be the unter underestimation of the year. This ongoing issue affects me in my job and in my personal life. It's both muscular and skeletal as I have degenerative discs and have since a teen.....I guess we're all slowly wearing out though lol.

My question is......what are my best options as far as strain goes. I'm sure I could have access to whatever strain mentioned as I can go to the doctor here in Ontario and get a prescription. I love to try something that would take the sharp dagger like pain away and hold it at Bay for hours......that would be a dream come true.

Finding something great would also give me my focus for my next grow.

I've been researching the difference between the indicas and the sativas for this situation. Gorilla glue #4, and Alaskan thunder fuck sound promising. Please, most of you on this site are a lot more knowledgeable than me about this, but if you have any questions about back pain......I can surely enlighten you LOL.

Please, I need some constructive feedback.

Hey brother I'm in the same boat but we're I am it's not legal yet,and getting so hard to get pain medicine, it's awful. So if you have a strain that's working I would like to hear about it. Thanks and good luck with our madness. Peace from hillbilly grower ✌

Hey brother I'm in the same boat but we're I am it's not legal yet,and getting so hard to get pain medicine, it's awful. So if you have a strain that's working I would like to hear about it. Thanks and good luck with our madness. Peace from hillbilly grower ✌
Oh I'm definitely taking this to the next level. I'm at my chiropractor this morning and can't afford all this time off as I get older and more broken, lol. Beinge a carpenter and having to abuse this body everyday doesn't help either, lol. I do use a site called Allbud.com. It allows me to investigate almost 3000 different strains, what they're all about etc. It's an interesting site, you should check it out too and enlighten me, lmao..... I go to the area called "investigate strains"( or something like that) on the home page and then into "a good night's sleep" section. That's where I've found information on back pain, sciatica and other nerve, joint and muscle aches.

Hey Doc.....I love irony, lol. I got a response back from Sue with the following link. I haven't read through it yet, but it will be a good read for sure.

The Best Strains Of Marijuana For Pain Relief

On a more personal level, Sue has recommended Alaskan Thunderfuck . Not the first time I've heard that name for pain. Hope this helps buddy!

Oh I'm definitely taking this to the next level. I'm at my chiropractor this morning and can't afford all this time off as I get older and more broken, lol. Beinge a carpenter and having to abuse this body everyday doesn't help either, lol. I do use a site called Allbud.com. It allows me to investigate almost 3000 different strains, what they're all about etc. It's an interesting site, you should check it out too and enlighten me, lmao..... I go to the area called "investigate strains"( or something like that) on the home page and then into "a good night's sleep" section. That's where I've found information on back pain, sciatica and other nerve, joint and muscle aches.

I too am a carpenter/remodeler and suffer chronic back pain from lateral bulges and degenerative disc disease.

I've been off all opioids and muscle relaxers and haven't been to the Chiro for the near five years I've been using full extract cannabis oil.

The strain that has worked best for my pain is White Widow, but have had good results from multiple strains. The WW cannabinoid profile must be just right for me. The only problem is that because it is a sativa dominant strain, I sometimes have trouble getting to sleep. Once I do, I sleep hard and get good recuperative sleep that keeps me up and moving.

I'm growing both high THC and CBD strains and plan to experiment with oil blends to broaden the cannabinoid and terpene profile. At the least I want sativa dominant hybrids for daytime and indica dominant for nighttime, and will shoot for starting ratio of 1:1 THC-CBD in my blends and work from there.

Good to remember that strain recommendations from others is a great starting point, but every body is different and I don't think there will ever come a time when one can say this strain works for this ailment or symptom for all users. We will tune it in but it will remain a trial and error until each of us finds what works for us. Also, profiles are different between strains with same name from different breeders or seed banks. And the THC, CBD, and terpenes levels produced by a strain are effected by how they are grown, cured, and oil making method.

All my best to ya!

One more point... LOL!

We need deep recuperative sleep to allow the muscles that spasm to protect injury to relax and inflammation to decrease as. It's the pain is referral pain rather than coming from the injured or degenerated disc itself. If one gets that sleep they will be able to keep moving every day with the best being earlier in day and tightening up and increased pain as day progresses.

Look for indicas for nighttime and sativa dominant hybrids for daytime. A high THC pure indica for nighttime is great, but being that these strains have a negligible CBD content, taking CBD hemp oil along with it is advisable so that one is always getting a broad profile of cannabinoids. It's not cheap, but a good option while finding the perfect strains for your needs.

One more point... LOL!

We need deep recuperative sleep to allow the muscles that spasm to protect injury to relax and inflammation to decrease as. It's the pain is referral pain rather than coming from the injured or degenerated disc itself. If one gets that sleep they will be able to keep moving every day with the best being earlier in day and tightening up and increased pain as day progresses.

Look for indicas for nighttime and sativa dominant hybrids for daytime. A high THC pure indica for nighttime is great, but being that these strains have a negligible CBD content, taking CBD hemp oil along with it is advisable so that one is always getting a broad profile of cannabinoids. It's not cheap, but a good option while finding the perfect strains for your needs.
Well I'm sure we both think you immensely for your interjection, I too have tried the White Widow in the past and did find some relief. I am enjoying the experimentation of different strains that's for sure, including my Solo Cup micro grow which is a CBD dominant Kush plant. My list to try grows every day and my partner loves the variety. Thanks again Rand.....

Now my back problem stems from arthritis - I have spurs up my vertebrae, as well as asymmetrical muscle tone across my back from a sloppy kidney operation back in the 80s (ah yes, the good ol' days of hack & slash invasive surgery). All it takes for me to throw out my back is to stand up the wrong way, cough the wrong way, shovel snow the wrong way, you get the idea.

I'm interested in this topic myself because I don't have experience with the different strains; when my back goes out I just go on the look for a baggie, at least i did until I lost my contact. I'm glad Randoobula pointed out WW for pain because that's what I have budding now (WW, not pain).

Other than that, I find that I get the best relief from "stuff" that has good muscle relaxant properties, as it allows my vertebrae to pop back together, and when I say pop, I mean it quite literally. It can be heard going back in place, and the relief is immediate.

Needless to say Guy, now that I'm growing I'm on the lookout too and when I find something that works I'll give you the rundown on it.

Now my back problem stems from arthritis - I have spurs up my vertebrae, as well as asymmetrical muscle tone across my back from a sloppy kidney operation back in the 80s (ah yes, the good ol' days of hack & slash invasive surgery). All it takes for me to throw out my back is to stand up the wrong way, cough the wrong way, shovel snow the wrong way, you get the idea.

I'm interested in this topic myself because I don't have experience with the different strains; when my back goes out I just go on the look for a baggie, at least i did until I lost my contact. I'm glad Randoobula pointed out WW for pain because that's what I have budding now (WW, not pain).

Other than that, I find that I get the best relief from "stuff" that has good muscle relaxant properties, as it allows my vertebrae to pop back together, and when I say pop, I mean it quite literally. It can be heard going back in place, and the relief is immediate.

Needless to say Guy, now that I'm growing I'm on the lookout too and when I find something that works I'll give you the rundown on it.
Decent. I've been doing a lot of looking around and have already come up with 3-4 good contenders for grow # 3, 4, 5 and maybe 6. I'll keep you guys posted, lol. I have never tried it but I do have my medical documents so I'm gonna try the Alaska Thunderfuck from them before I try to grow it. I've heard so much about its qualities. I'll kept you guys posted on that lol.

Decent. I've been doing a lot of looking around and have already come up with 3-4 good contenders for grow # 3, 4, 5 and maybe 6. I'll keep you guys posted, lol. I have never tried it but I do have my medical documents so I'm gonna try the Alaska Thunderfuck from them before I try to grow it. I've heard so much about its qualities. I'll kept you guys posted on that lol.

Now that Thunderfuck, I read that it's clone only. They didn't go through all the genetics of getting it true-breeding. Are you getting a clone or did they finally get it to seed? Or perhaps a knock-off?

I have a prescription so I'm going to get it that way first and to try it, if not through seed then I will go to clone route.

Van Stank is growing Alaska Thunderfuck. You might check out his journal and ask him if he started from clone or seed.

He is growing for back pain as well.
I'll do just that.... thanks!

I did. Stank got them from a seed bank. I bookmarked them both and am gonna check back. Both presently out of stock on phenos and Autos.

I did. Stank got them from a seed bank. I bookmarked them both and am gonna check back. Both presently out of stock on phenos and Autos.

Got me wondering now. I should try to find the book I read it in; it's an e-book and I still have it on my hard drive. I think I even know what book it's in.

Had some MJ butter a while ago.Good stuff. I think my pizza's ready.

Back
Top Bottom