My buds smell like toilet freshner - Is there anything I can do to lose the smell?

Phillybonker

I used DampRid which is a moisture absorber to help dry my buds but I didn't realize it was scented, now my buds smell like chemical lavender toilet freshner.

The buds are just over three days into drying, is it possible to cure the smell out?

If not, is there anything else I can try doing to remove the smell?

... is there anything else I can try doing to remove the smell?
Let your fingers do the walking for you and do a google search on:
how to remove smells from house
or a similar phrase.

When I checked to see what google would suggest the search engine listed "removing smoke smell". The links were on removing cigarette smoke smell from furniture, etc. but that should work for your problem.

What was suggested and might work for you is to use baking soda. Several ways came to mind and one would be to put some of the baking soda into bowls and put one bowl into each paper bag. Another was to use the bowl method but to also sprinkle some of the baking soda on the buds and let it sit for a week or so. Then later do a bud wash just like in the thread on found in this message board.

Something else that could be tried is to use activated charcoal. Same sort of method of putting the charcoal into bowls and the buds and the bowls into the bag or into a cooler.

Let your fingers do the walking for you and do a google search on:
how to remove smells from house
or a similar phrase.

When I checked to see what google would suggest the search engine listed "removing smoke smell". The links were on removing cigarette smoke smell from furniture, etc. but that should work for your problem.

What was suggested and might work for you is to use baking soda. Several ways came to mind and one would be to put some of the baking soda into bowls and put one bowl into each paper bag. Another was to use the bowl method but to also sprinkle some of the baking soda on the buds and let it sit for a week or so. Then later do a bud wash just like in the thread on found in this message board.

Something else that could be tried is to use activated charcoal. Same sort of method of putting the charcoal into bowls and the buds and the bowls into the bag or into a cooler.
Thanks, but after transferring the buds into new paper bags the smell appears to be gone, the old paper bags was the source of the smell. Buds appear to be unaffected although my sense of smell isn't the best, I'll give them another sniff later on tonight.

Thanks, but after transferring the buds into new paper bags the smell appears to be gone, the old paper bags was the source of the smell. Buds appear to be unaffected although my sense of smell isn't the best, I'll give them another sniff later on tonight.
That’s good news!

Back
Top Bottom