My female has actual flowers and other questions

Moonwielder

This is my first grow with three female plants I have one huge plant (whose roots are submerged in the medium!) and a much smaller one. I also have a tiny one in a pot. All are flowering. My concern is that the bigger one, which I have dubbed Roseanne, has dimunitive white flowers with long yellow stamens. My vegetatively younger plants (which are also flowering) don't have it.

Is this normal?

Also, my plants have been flowering for some time. The leaves are glistening with trichomes but, unfortunately, the pistils are still lily white. Once you start to see crystals forming around the calyx and upper leaves, how long do you have? Even now, it is extremely difficult to see how my current plant is going to become an actual bud. I guess it must go through a Sailor Moon-esque transformation or something.

I have another question about harvesting, but I'l put it in the harvesting folder.

Thanks for your time.

- Moonwielder

Well, because no one replied to my post. I did some research and it seems my plant went herm. I removed all of the flowers with the hope that my plant remains seed free.

I have another question:

When pollen reaches the plant, does the entire plant's buds make seeds? Or only that calyx that received pollen?

Thanks for reading.

- Moonwielder

Growing Slow said:
Hey there moon, When pollen reaches the plant it will only produce seeds on the part where the pollen landed. But if you have a fan in there it more than likely get pollen all over her.

Pull the Hermie out if you have not already done that.

GS

Here's the thing.

The herm is the biggest of the plant. It has the choicest of buds. The other two plants are, unfortunately, extremely small. You see, when I started hydroponically, I had never gardened. So when I started to see my plants grow vigorously, I added lots and lots nutrients in hopes that they'll grow even better.

Bad idea.

All of my plants died. I tried flushing the hydroton with water several times but with no avail. I settled upon a rather novel solution: throw 20-30 seeds in there. I figure I'd let natural selection do its thing. And, sure enough, from those 30 seeds, only two were able to survive and fluorish. The first of the two grew very slowly but the second one grew extremely fast. Once the big one (Roseanne) made it to about a foot, I started to flower all my three of my plants (the other one was in an old-fashioned pot).

The two smaller, flowering plants are about 6 inches (maybe). I just want to see how it was done so I didn't care whether I'll get any yield. I've been plucking the balls from Roseanne in hopes that she hasn't pollenated herself. Her buds are swelling and are heavily dusted with trichomes. After two days of plucking, I don't see anymore balls. I am hoping that this means she won't produce anymore because I can't bring myself to kill her. :bitingnails:

- Moonwielder

Back
Top Bottom