Female Pre-Flowers and Flowering

I have a question ,not sure if I'm on the right forum but maybe someone can help me.I'm having trouble getting buds tight. Is there something I need to do when the plant is growing to get them to do this?I know there has to be some way to do it but I'm not getting it.Please what's the thing I'm not doing? :helpsmilie:

Good info

Some info a bit inaccurate, but still nice post great pictures. When the preflowers emerge in veg is indeed strain related, but there's no huge difference, week at most. From the time a seed pops until the preflower shows averages @21 days, stubborn strains may take @28days. Never makes sense to 12/12 to sex, they will be showing shortly in veg. Get an eyelupe and examine all four locations at each main stem branching nodes. Preflowers will appear between the stipule and the new branching growth.

Is my plant a male or female?

IMAG008724.jpg

Looking for someone with good eyes - here is a pic of a Kryptonite (I have 3 about the same) that is growing outdoors...I think it's female, but would love to know for sure. I have 2 White Widow Extreme Feminzed that are about 5'-6' tall, looking good, and I don't want to ruin my crop if these are male...
DSC_006829.JPG

Hey guys, this is my very first post in 420 forums, long time browser.

I'm experimenting with my first grow. The strain I'm growing is called Burkle. I'm not sure if it is relevant but my plant was uprooted at 20 days, but it has made a full recovery. I'm 7 days into the blooming cycle, and about 40 days from Sprout.
I cannot for the life of me decide weather or not it's a female. I'm leaning towards male. But an experienced grower told me she was sure it was a female.
So I have a couple questions for someone who is familiar with this strain or has seen similar preflower.
First of all, does anyone think they know what the sex is? (Obviously)
And second. Shouldn't I see at least a couple pistols at 7 days into bloom lighting cycle?
Thank guys!

420-magazine-mobile372647478.jpg

420-magazine-mobile868295969.jpg

Edit: I think I actually posted a branch budding out...? If it is, I guess I have no preflowering... That stem in the first pictures was not the main stem, the main stem is branching between the leaves and the main stem itself, but the other colas have looked like this (below) since day 20... Thanks again guys.

420-magazine-mobile1841013719.jpg

Ok that's what I was wondering. Thanks for the quick reply. There are TINY preflower. I'm pretty sure they are too small to tell but I will edit this post in a few with those.

Edit: OK... I think I might have to wait another 48 hours or so to really see. But I believe this is preflowering if I'm not confused again...

420-magazine-mobile1244579658.jpg

Great original post. Would like to see pics of some 12 year old plants here! Are there any? I wondered about longevity, especially when I saw elsewhere that someone had trained a cannabis plant as a bonsai. And it was really pretty awesome looking. Didn't see how you could do that, if the plant lasted only a couple of seasons! Anyway, thought I'd add this pic of a couple of preflowers to the thread, now that I know what they are :Namaste:
DSC_0038_3_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom