My First Grow! White Widow & Grapesycle - Indoor - Any Advice Or Tips Welcome!

Mike Awes0me

Hello everyone! This is my very first grow. I'm actually growing two strains at the same time. I'm hoping to get some guidance on this forum to see if I'm doing things right. Any advice or constructive criticism is always welcomed, I'm here to learn.

First it's White Widow, which germinated on June 11. Second is Grapesycle which germinated on June 14. About a 3 day gap between both. Here's my setup:

Gorilla LiteTent 4X4
Smart Naturals Happy Frog soil
CFL light (when sprouting)
Viparspectra V600 LED Veg/Bloom
Two 6" small fans for circulation
One 8" small fan on top of tent for exhaust (heat ventilation)
Acurite temp/humidity gauge
Hydrofarm timer

June 11th, White Widow from the napkin method. 48 hours.
420-magazine-mobile1898335147.jpg

June 14th, Grapesycle. 48 hours.
420-magazine-mobile1331665677.jpg

White Widow sprouting. June 14th.
420-magazine-mobile434825655.jpg

My grow set up in my garage.
420-magazine-mobile142218813.jpg

I have the 4 White Widows in the middle and the 4 Grapesycles on the edges, both sides (smaller plants).

Here are a couple pics of the seedlings, please let me know if you see anything wrong. I have my light on Veg, 18/6 cycle. I water about every 3-4 days or when I feel the soil feels dry. I'm using RO water, prepared 1 gallon with 1/2 teaspoon of FloraNova Grow 7-4-10. These pictures taken today 6/21. Sorry for the pic quality, still learning how to take pics with my phone under the Veg light.
420-magazine-mobile955164217.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1884523307.jpg

420-magazine-mobile102568976.jpg

420-magazine-mobile206949667.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1399763043.jpg

My temps are between 80-88, mainly because it's getting pretty hot here in the Bay Area, I live near Napa, Ca. I plan to keep the plants indoor. I spend some QT time with the seedlings everyday before and after work to see if the leaves are developing ok. They stems look really tall compared to other pics I've seen, is that normal? Is my light height ok? Any tips or advice is welcome! Thanks in advance everyone.

Mike

re: My First Grow! White Widow & Grapesycle - Indoor - Any Advice Or Tips Welcome!

Hello everyone! This is my very first grow. I'm actually growing two strains at the same time. I'm hoping to get some guidance on this forum to see if I'm doing things right. Any advice or constructive criticism is always welcomed, I'm here to learn.

First it's White Widow, which germinated on June 11. Second is Grapesycle which germinated on June 14. About a 3 day gap between both. Here's my setup:

Gorilla LiteTent 4X4
Smart Naturals Happy Frog soil
CFL light (when sprouting)
Viparspectra V600 LED Veg/Bloom
Two 6" small fans for circulation
One 8" small fan on top of tent for exhaust (heat ventilation)
Acurite temp/humidity gauge
Hydrofarm timer

June 11th, White Widow from the napkin method. 48 hours.
420-magazine-mobile1898335147.jpg

June 14th, Grapesycle. 48 hours.
420-magazine-mobile1331665677.jpg

White Widow sprouting. June 14th.
420-magazine-mobile434825655.jpg

My grow set up in my garage.
420-magazine-mobile142218813.jpg

I have the 4 White Widows in the middle and the 4 Grapesycles on the edges, both sides (smaller plants).

Here are a couple pics of the seedlings, please let me know if you see anything wrong. I have my light on Veg, 18/6 cycle. I water about every 3-4 days or when I feel the soil feels dry. I'm using RO water, prepared 1 gallon with 1/2 teaspoon of FloraNova Grow 7-4-10. These pictures taken today 6/21. Sorry for the pic quality, still learning how to take pics with my phone under the Veg light.
420-magazine-mobile955164217.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1884523307.jpg

420-magazine-mobile102568976.jpg

420-magazine-mobile206949667.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1399763043.jpg

My temps are between 80-88, mainly because it's getting pretty hot here in the Bay Area, I live near Napa, Ca. I plan to keep the plants indoor. I spend some QT time with the seedlings everyday before and after work to see if the leaves are developing ok. They stems look really tall compared to other pics I've seen, is that normal? Is my light height ok? Any tips or advice is welcome! Thanks in advance everyone.

Mike
Your lights way too high id keep it 700mm away to thebolants can get better par etc

re: My First Grow! White Widow & Grapesycle - Indoor - Any Advice Or Tips Welcome!

Fellow newbie here - following.

As for the light my first instinct was 'wow those are tall' vs mine in first couple days. I would say you should lower them.
I have K3-600w (325 from wall) and started at 40" day 1-2, then 36" for couple days 24\0 and I've been lowering them a few inches every 12hr since day 5 and they are responding very well. I'm at 28" today (night of day6).. plan to lower twice more in next 24-36hr and halt around 24'ish, if no burn after couple days there I will go to 22-20, I really don't ever plan on going lower than 22 or 20, I'm growing autos and don't have the 'time' to correct if I screw up and burn'em bad. I'm doing White Widow as well, along with a Candy Cane - both auto's.

Take anything I say with grain of salt, I'm brand new to this too other than lots of reading (and semi conflicting info at that) over the years most of which I'm still having to refresh myself on.

On the temps - I would maybe try and keep the peek 86 or less, I ran into same issues the first couple days with similar highs of 88, dialing in exhaust fan made the most difference for me (had to move up from a 4"171-cfm to 6"-440cfm on low\med), that and playing around with intakes and outer room temps a little. I'm a 2x4x6.5 GG and the 4" probably would have worked ok but a filter on it cut flow by like 20%, the 6" though is kicking arse even on the high end of low on my fan controller.

Your babies look good, better than mine actually, what day from sprout are you on in those photos?

The white widows are 7 days from sprout on the last pic. Since I have lowered the lights to just under 24".

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom