My first soil test, now what?

seatac

Just completed my first test on the soil to guage where I'm at. I have a couple plants almost 2 feet tall and seedlings around 8" tall. Everything is in the soil, but the stems are turning purple during veg and I've been battling heat/nute burn.

NPK.jpg

It looks like there is way too much nitrogen in the soil.

There is not enough phos in the soil which would def explain the purple and red stems, wouldn't it?

There is too much K in the soil which would give explain why it was locked up and giving signs of a deficiency.

The PH of the soil runoff was 6

How do I correct the P deficiency without giving it anymore N or K?????

Thanks

I'm still letting it settle and plan to do a second test to confirm these results...

On another note I just put the dehumidifier in the room and have it at 50% RH for veg? Should I bump it up to 60%? It actually kicks on at 50% and drops it to 40% so it probably averages 45%....

What kind of soil are you using?

You can just go to your local hardware store and find some nutes with phosphorus. If I remember right Morbloom made by alaska fertiliaer is one.
Humidity anywhere aroung 50% is good. If you go higher than that during budding just be sure to have a fan going 24/7
Heat is probably one of your biggest issues depending on how hot you're getting. ANything above 80 and your production will be smaller unless your running co2.

The soil was a mistake on my part. I mixed a bunch of diff soils together and I probably should have doubled the perlite. I used some MG moisture control self feed 3 months, some MG organic self feed 2 months, some black gold with 5-0-0. I have some new soil still in my car and bought the jumbo bag of perlite for when I transplant next time.

I haven't fertilized yet, I did add like 1/8 strength of some 8-4-7 a week ago but other than that I've been using only good rainwater.

Heat was up to 91 degrees, I have an oscillating fan blowing, I have a in line fan connected to a cool tube just shooting the warm air back into the tent and I have another in line fan without ducting in the corner just blowing up at my second light that's just a batwing. I connected some ducting to the single fan and put it outside my tent drawing air in and when I woke up this morning the temp was only at 78 degrees and co2 at 400ppm. I moved it so it's sucking less air from outside and it went up to 86 degrees with 800ppm co2 but I haven't added any sugar/yeast for a few days so it should go back up to 1300-1500 if I put in a partially new batch.

I just rechecked my original tests and the P is actually high, it must not have disolved completely in my pictures because the blue ended up as dark as the pink.

I just cleaned the tests out and did a second test so I'll see if it's as dark.

If so I guess I just keep flushing with rainwater?

Thanks again

How big are the pots? If they are three gallons flush each with a 6.5 through 6.8 water in the amount of six gallons, or twice the pot size. I had too much N in mine and flushing brought it way down to correct levels, seeing as N is water soluble. That should do the trick, did it for me.

Back
Top Bottom