Problem or overreacting? Red/purple stems

nhgrow

What Strain is it? Lemon Shakespeare and mob
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? lemon is hybrid sativa dom, mob is indica
How Many Plants? 6
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? ~3 months
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? roots organic original
If Soil... What Size Pot? lemons recently into 10 gallon mob still in 5
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1x 1000w led 3x 600 watt led
Is it Air Cooled? Sealed room
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 63 low 78 high
RH of Room/Cabinet? 75% atm working on getting it down
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 7.5 ish
Any Pests? none
How Often are you Watering? every other day or so mob mostly every day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? plain ph'd water
Size or Square Footage of Room?

I have recently started trying out some led lights and have actually have pretty good growth off of them. The 1000watt is a no name, the 3 600s are mars hydro. They were all started and grown under the 1000 watt until about 3 weeks ago when they were moved into the room they are in now. I have grown these same exact genetics under t5/mh for veg and hps for flower and have had great success with the same soil same pot size etc. Under the hids i did not ph my water at all and fed with biobizz only in flower and at about half strength, had great results, awesome yield and quality and most of all healthy plants all green stems. At most after looking at old pictures some of just the stem of a leaf would be red. Ever since under the leds the whole plant has been red/purple on all the plants so i know its not genetic. After research i have found its a P deficiency but even when i plant right into roots organic that has been ph'd end up turning all red/purple. One of my major problems is i dont have a ph meter which i have one coming in the mail should be here tomorrow and that will hopefully answer alot of those problems. Now whats bothering me is i never had to ph before using all organic so i'm not sure why i would be having a problem with it now and the only thing i have changed is the lights. I have made teas with water soluble seaweed (0-0-10) with no affect. Tonight i foliar fed them with the same solution at 1/4 tsb per 32oz. It looks like a problem to me and i think i'm on the right track and ill be checking ph of all of them once the meter comes in, my only other means of testing the ph of the soil has been a cheap probe that tests ph moisture etc which i dont think are very accurate. What do you guys think?

For some reason no matter what i do, it uploads them then puts them side wise, i have even tried to upload them right from my phone.

Edit- will get better pics in the am

Hi it seems the only thing that you have changed is the lighting, maybe the color spectrum is different with the LEDs as apposed to the HID you previously used on the same strain?:goodluck:

Honestly, I'm having the same problem right now with a few different strains under led (MarsII) 700, and 3x Mars reflectors 96x5 and noticed that when growing with these LED's wherever the lights hit my plants they end up purpling! I hear the plants use alot more Ca and Mg when growing under LED lights and from the few harvests I've had using these lights in different configurations I have to add a lil extra CalMag, and or epsoms salts, dolomite lime to my Promix just to keep the problem under wraps. And still never had it go completely away for 3 of the 4 strains I grew. But I have taken them all the way to harvest too with purple stems and all and they still produced quite well. Quarter pound on 2 plants in a 3x3 tent under the700 MarsII. So not too bad. :) Just the ramblings of an old man turned closet grower! Have fun!
Sparks

What Strain is it? Lemon Shakespeare and mob
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? lemon is hybrid sativa dom, mob is indica
How Many Plants? 6
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? ~3 months
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? roots organic original
If Soil... What Size Pot? lemons recently into 10 gallon mob still in 5
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1x 1000w led 3x 600 watt led
Is it Air Cooled? Sealed room
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 63 low 78 high
RH of Room/Cabinet? 75% atm working on getting it down
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 7.5 ish
Any Pests? none
How Often are you Watering? every other day or so mob mostly every day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? plain ph'd water
Size or Square Footage of Room?

I have recently started trying out some led lights and have actually have pretty good growth off of them. The 1000watt is a no name, the 3 600s are mars hydro. They were all started and grown under the 1000 watt until about 3 weeks ago when they were moved into the room they are in now. I have grown these same exact genetics under t5/mh for veg and hps for flower and have had great success with the same soil same pot size etc. Under the hids i did not ph my water at all and fed with biobizz only in flower and at about half strength, had great results, awesome yield and quality and most of all healthy plants all green stems. At most after looking at old pictures some of just the stem of a leaf would be red. Ever since under the leds the whole plant has been red/purple on all the plants so i know its not genetic. After research i have found its a P deficiency but even when i plant right into roots organic that has been ph'd end up turning all red/purple. One of my major problems is i dont have a ph meter which i have one coming in the mail should be here tomorrow and that will hopefully answer alot of those problems. Now whats bothering me is i never had to ph before using all organic so i'm not sure why i would be having a problem with it now and the only thing i have changed is the lights. I have made teas with water soluble seaweed (0-0-10) with no affect. Tonight i foliar fed them with the same solution at 1/4 tsb per 32oz. It looks like a problem to me and i think i'm on the right track and ill be checking ph of all of them once the meter comes in, my only other means of testing the ph of the soil has been a cheap probe that tests ph moisture etc which i dont think are very accurate. What do you guys think?

For some reason no matter what i do, it uploads them then puts them side wise, i have even tried to upload them right from my phone.

Edit- will get better pics in the am
Hold your phone in horizontal position when taking pics. If it is an iPhone make sure the volume buttons face the ground. I think you will be ok but let's see the pics first!

Thanks for the replies, i have also heard led uses alot more calcium but theres alot of organic material in my soil already, roots organic original is actually a really hot soil to begin with and they have this problem from day 1. Everything i have seen has said its a phos deficiency. Well here's the pics, also my ph meter came in i just calibrated it and ill be checking soil ph asap.

IMG_034135.JPG
IMG_034235.JPG
IMG_034331.JPG
IMG_034428.JPG
IMG_035435.JPG
IMG_035532.JPG

Back
Top Bottom