My homemade LED growbox

Avidav

Hi guys! This is my homemade led setup

it has 144 1w LED. The ratio is 4 red, 1 blue, 1 warm white. I originally started with just red and blue but it didn't go well, plants looked sick and grew slowly. After adding the white led my grows have been doing great.
Half of the leds are on the top and the other half are on the sides.
I used some cheap waterproof constant current driver rated at 325 mA 70-135 V. The measured power on the leds was about 115W and it's been running for the last 3 years nonstop.
Leds are mounted on aluminium profiles with epoxy glue. The top panel was made with a 3mm sheet and 1.5mm "U" shaped profiles to dissipate heat, and again glued with epoxy. It works great with no fan on it, temperature is about 10-15ºC higher. Side panels are mounted on white painted aluminium profiles.
The box is 40x40 cm and 80cm tall, and on the side the are 2 ventilation light traps. The one on top is just a box with the holes on opposite ends, it doesn't work very well. The one on the bottom is the v2, 3d printed stack-able light trap mounted over the 120mm cooler, this one works wonders and it's much smaller. The cooler is all i use for ventilation and runs quietly at low voltages, in the summer i run in at max speed to prevent heat buildup and it's still reasonably quiet
Well that's all. Hope you liked it!!
I will be starting a grow journal on this setup with dinafem shark sock cbd. It's the one on the pictures, just over 3 weeks.

thanks jaga!!
i have a smaller growbox for veg and to keep a mother, and a pc gabinet for small clones. Both use led panels but with a different ratio, 1 blue 1 red 1 warm white. I also used 3w led because it's cheaper and 1/3 of effort to solder :laughtwo:
right now i'm just using the one from the picture, the plant there was grown from seed. the other boxes need some cleaning since the last grow was overrun by plagues :rip:

I read somewhere that more red light increases internodal length. anyone knows if this is true?
Mi plants have very short internodes and i usually have to prune it so that it doesn't block all the light. Also it's hard to take cuttings

Back
Top Bottom