Lighting Question

thehiker

Hi all, thanks for visiting, and thanks in advance for any shared knowledge. These forums have been more helpful than I ever imagined...

Anyways....I'm at day 45 of flower with two White Widow plants in a closet grow. The plants have been under a dual 300W LED array ( 2 rectangular LED units, each with 3Wx100 diodes, mounted next to each other). I added 2-100W 2700 CFL bulbs for side lighting.

My plants are short and a little more bushy than not (ideal for a closet grow). But, I have a couple of dozen beautiful trichome-covered buds that have grown nicely, and are slowly swelling and filling out. About 50-70% of the pistols have changed from white to gold, and about 30% of trichomes have gotten cloudy. No amber trichomes yet. I figure another 3-4 weeks will just about do it.

My question......I can raise both plants about another 6-8 inches and thereby halving the distance to the lights. Heat is not a problem since I have the LED arrays in a separately ventilated enclosure with a glass bottom. By the inverse-square law, I can essentially quadruple the light falling on the plants by moving them closer.

Is it worth it at this point to raise the plants to increase light?

Thanks all.....

Back
Top Bottom