my hps somthings wrong

Growin420

My hps wont turn on it just has this very low blueish color on the bulb when it is pluged in. is it blown or is somthing wrong with the light or what. im freakin out. somone please espon quick ive got floros on them now and that isnt enogh lite for 8 plants. thanks

peace out:smokin3:

Just let it run for a while. They usually start out lookin weak and grow in intensity as the ballast warms up. Also, check the bulb (when off of course) to make sure it is not loose and that the filliment (the wire inside) is intact.

If within 20 minutes to a half hour it is not so bright it hurts to look at it, then something is broken or defective. Most likely the bulb, but perhaps the ballast.

I've had this happen before if I turn my light off and try to turn it back on without letting it cool first. Just let it sit for a while then try again, and let it warm up like RooRman said. If that doesn't work then it sounds like your light is blown.

thanks for the help guys. i think its blown because im to much of a pothead to remember if it had this matal shit at the tips but if somone can tell me if that shit is suposed to be there or does this look blown to you guys too?

i added some pics of the plants i have goin to and im pissed that my light isnt workin. the second biggest and the biggest were out side then i brought them in and somehow the second biggest started to flower outside this earl i dont know if it should have in the oioh region but id like to know if anyone knows.

000_0036.jpg

000_0037.jpg

000_0038.jpg

the big one here was origionaly part of the big plant but the branch just broke one day so i just turned it into a clone. its lasted 2 days now and hopeing it works out.
000_0039.jpg

oh yea they are all bagseed

peace

I am guessing that you don't have a spare bulb to check do ya?
But it looks like a bad ballast to me. Either the igniter or the transformer.
Good luck bro.

WELL THAT JUST FUCKIN BLOWS. BUT IM GOIN TO GET A BULB THEN IF THAT DONT WORK IM GOING TO JUST BUY A HPS & MH AND KEEP THEM ON FLOROS TIL THEN. BUT THANKS FOR THE INFO . I HOPE TO GOD IT WAS JUST THE BULB. BIUT IF IT IS A IGNITER OR SOMTHIN DO I JUST HAVE TO BUY AN IGNITER OR WHAT DO I DO?

THANKS PEACE OUT:smokin3:

I have a light shop that I can take it to, I personally don't open the ballast but they do sell parts online. Wish I could give you more info bro.

Back
Top Bottom