My plant is sick!

Chronickid87

As you can see my plant is sick, & I'm not sure what's wrong with it. It sits under a 100 watt cfl and I just put it on this new pot, so it's pretty rootbound. I'm almost positive that it's not a nutrient burn or under watering. The temperature is around 20 degrees, I'm not sure the water ph or the humidity. The bottom leaf looks yellow and all the leaves just don't look normal or strait. The growth has been pretty slow as well. Is all this because it's rootbound?

image9705.jpg
image9706.jpg
image9707.jpg

not getting enough light and probably a tad to cold, I'm assuming it probably gets even cooler than 68 degrees (20 celcius) when the light's off. How high above your plant is the cfl and is it actually 100w or 100w equivilent?

It's around 3 inches above it and I believe it said something like it uses energy of a 26 watt but it's 100 watt, would that be an equivalent.?

Yeah, that's 100w equivalent only and on the pkg it came in probably says something like puts out 1200 lumens or so if I remember right. You'll need more light than that

Think that's all? Does it look like a nitrogen deficiency? But alright I'll get another light. What do you recommend if it's a cfl?

Home Depot used to carry some 65 watt ones and definately still carry screw in Y connectors so you could double up the small ones from say a 4 or 6 pack of 27 watt bulbs which they also will carry. If you stay w/cfl's, you'll eventually need lots of them for two mature plants anyways. A 65 watt hung horizontal above (you'll prob have to be 4-6 inches above with the bigger bulb) should handle one plant adequately although down the road you'll probably still need some side lighting as flourescent light doesn't penetrate a canopy extremely well.

Twisting's usually light in combination w/ temp probs

Alright, thank you! So a 65 w will work better then a 100w equivalent? Also will I need to hang the 65watt higher then the one I have right now? & alrighty

yes, your 27w 100w equivalent puts out signigicantly less lumens then a 65w cfl which is equivalent to much more than 100 watts; and yes, a tad higher because its a tad hotter.

Well to make life easier, lets just start referring to tha actual wattage and kind of bulb it is...with cfl's the higher the actual wattage, by in large the more lumens produced.

"Home Depot used to carry some 65 watt ones and definately still carry screw in Y connectors so you could double up the small ones from say a 4 or 6 pack of 27 watt bulbs which they also will carry. If you stay w/cfl's, you'll eventually need lots of them for two mature plants anyways. A 65 watt hung horizontal above (you'll prob have to be 4-6 inches above with the bigger bulb) should handle one plant adequately although down the road you'll probably still need some side lighting as flourescent light doesn't penetrate a canopy extremely well."

Your 100w "equivalent" is prob one of those 27 "actual" watt bulbs. If you can spend $100-150 just get a 400 watt HID lamp; I can send you a link to the website of the place I use if that interests you. Otherwise, I'm gonna stick w/my ealier post that I just pasted above again in the quotation marks.

edit: actually I just noticed I posted a couple links for lights already earlier.

Back
Top Bottom