My White Widow girls are sprouted

I just popped some seeds - all autos. Someone had recommended RapidRooter Plugs and I used for the first time on Monday. They are impregnated with rooting hormones and starter fertilizer. 6 out of 6 germinated and took off like crazy. I was away from when I popped them until Thursday and when I returned they were about 5" tall and the tap had already come out the bottom

Really recommend them. I'm going directly into my final 5 gallon pots.

Sounds good man. My long range will be to build my new cabin and grow inside. I have a friend who grows outside and he is helping me with my first grow. Now I know others that use horse and chicken manure okay, but he mixes it with miracle grow. He always uses local bag seeds but everything he had didn't pop.

I would suggest start them first in separate solo cups .
Hey baxbax, I agree with you there. Let me fill you in so you know my situation. I moved back to Arkansas from Florida last year. I'm a disabled Army Vet and divorced so my dogs and I live in my 28 foot travel trailer. I was going to setup a grow closet but the place I'm parked on, let's just say a snoopy person or two in the area. Anyway my buddy has his own place in the country where he grows. He's an older guy and grows outside every year. He does it his own way. I made a few suggestions but it was on deaf ears. It's his place so he's going to do it his way. Me myself I would have done it different but it is his place and I am glad to have a place for my plants to grow. Long term, I will buy some land to build my own cabin then I can grow inside, my way. He will do most of the work so I really can't complain.

Hey baxbax, I agree with you there. Let me fill you in so you know my situation. I moved back to Arkansas from Florida last year. I'm a disabled Army Vet and divorced so my dogs and I live in my 28 foot travel trailer. I was going to setup a grow closet but the place I'm parked on, let's just say a snoopy person or two in the area. Anyway my buddy has his own place in the country where he grows. He's an older guy and grows outside every year. He does it his own way. I made a few suggestions but it was on deaf ears. It's his place so he's going to do it his way. Me myself I would have done it different but it is his place and I am glad to have a place for my plants to grow. Long term, I will buy some land to build my own cabin then I can grow inside, my way. He will do most of the work so I really can't complain.

I'm sure your buddy has a lot of experience. While his method may be different than what you would do - It's his garden so roll with the punches for now and learn from him as to what works and what doesn't. You will notice all of us here have our own method of grow and sometimes we listen to suggestions and other times we blow them off.

Personally I enjoy experimenting but I also listen to advise from some of the great growers here.

I'm sure your buddy has a lot of experience. While his method may be different than what you would do - It's his garden so roll with the punches for now and learn from him as to what works and what doesn't. You will notice all of us here have our own method of grow and sometimes we listen to suggestions and other times we blow them off.

Personally I enjoy experimenting but I also listen to advise from some of the great growers here.
Oh yea he's got many years under his belt. I know others that use rabbit manure and I've heard and read where people use horse and other types of manure. Arkansas has a big poultry industry and people use the chicken litter on their pastures and hay fields all the time. It's very hot so you got to be careful using chicken litter.

Well living in Silicon Valley we don't have much in the way of animal manures. I've heard that chicken manure can be quite hot.
Yes it is. When I get my own property I want to setup a good composting setup. I will be buying a place with plenty of timber on it. I will start out composting grass clippings and leaves. Mix in some worm castings, rabbit manure and maybe some horse manure. I may even add some bat guano. Actually doing my research over the past several months I've found some very interesting super soil formulas.

I'm sure it will be a great project once you get your own place. There are many organic growers here that could give you some good advice.
Yes sir Troy I know your right. I've done a LOT of reading here. I've talked to some on here in my other posts. See I'm just 57 but I'm a disabled Army Vet so I just hang out here and hunt during open hunting season. Got 2 bucks in deer season now waiting on spring turkey season. I will buy no less than 5 acres so I won't have any neighbor's to close. Well that's my plans anyway. I will buy a 16ft x 40ft on the far end (bedroom end) I will build a wall 6 feet from the end. That will make me a 6ft x 16ft indoor grow room.

Sounds like a plan. It would be nice to have some land.

I use to have a place with 2 acre in Santa Cruz County but had to sell it when I was divorced. It was perfect for growing. Oh well life goes on.

Back
Top Bottom