Need a growers advice Help!

growrook

Should i transplant these plants? there from seed. I would like to keep them in the cups for a little longer. but not if there gonna be come really root bound.
25113.JPG
25011.JPG
24911.JPG

Re: Need a growers advice HELP!!!!

You could let them go a week or two more depending on the growth. Roots don't like light!
Thanks texida timwrp, I just transplanted the largest of my plants today and im gonna wait a little longer for the rest i find it easier when the dirt comes all out at once. I found out about the clear cups after i read on here it was a bad idea, rookie mistake. keeping a journal of my first indoor/outdoor grow. so i can go back and never do the same mistake twice. :thanks:

why don't you share your fisrt PH problem's detail?
Look forward to your experience.:thumb:

Alright so i've never grown indoors before. I like outdoor though; I've had some monsters in last couple years. So I thought why not get them growing a couple months early?

My pH of my tap water is right at 6.5 (filtered). From the great lakes so I know its good water

The soil mix I had consisted of an organic top soil, a mixed potting soil- 50/50

The one plant started to curl down and the bottom leaves were crispy to the touch and started to turn yellow. :(

I tested the soil and it was off my scale- below 6.2, I assumed it was between 5.6-5.9 based on the different shade.

I read up a little and saw that Sodium Bicarbonate could raise the pH, so I put a little bit in with the water and this caused there to be a K deficiency. :S

So I flushed them and mixed in some lime to help raise the pH and restore the K in my mix. Cut the inflected leaves and sprayed the remaining leaves at bed time.

They are slowly recovering.

lol
that's a good education to me.
sodium bicarbonate and lime.
I have remembered them.

But what's the reason for this situation?
u only describe how to solve this problem.BTW you have a good plant environment.But it still happened.

I am new to plant.
thx for your experience share.
:thumb:mikegip
Thanks for your interest!
I'm pretty sure my pH problem came from my soil mixture. I didn't test the soil when i mixed it, I should have. that was my mistake.

:thanks:
I see I see
what's the correct mixed soil ratio in general?Is it decided by what plant you want to take?
thx again.
mikegip

Well it all depends on who you talk to. I've kept it simple but you can always look in sections of this forum to find soil mixes. I've just made mine from prior research. Here is a link of a simple and easy soil mix that may be helpful to you.
Aallon's - Quick & Simple Soil Mix
As someone gets more experience in growing, then you can make more changes to soil to get the most for your crop. But if you're new to growing then i would suggest keep it simple.

Back
Top Bottom