Need advice regarding seeds

Jacquelinem

I am going to use seeds but before I do, can anyone recommend a strain for the Northern Nevada region?

I was told Fast Girl and Texada Lemon Skunk would work for that region. Northern Nevada elevation is around 5500 feet and the upcoming weather is going to be sunny and dry.

I will be growing outdoors in a greenhouse.

Thanks.

i would go with auto flowering strains due to the early frost date you most likely have. in a green house you may not be worried about that. Any that are not in a green house here i put out in buckets so i can move indoors to finish because by the time i get under 12 hrs of light they don't have time to finish before the cold will kill them. 5500 ft sounds like the elko area

I grow in a green house too and hopefully if it is a TRUE greenhouse it has electricity that you can have come on at nite on a timer and run a space heater if it get's too cold rather than a cold frame building. On the other hand greenhouses get very warm in the summer and it is nice to have very good ventlation or your yields will suffer. What I like to do is grow outdoor all summer and move my plants to the greenhouse when the temps start to drop. Growing in the pacific Northwest has its own set of challenges. Strains good for colder climates and high elevation probably face a lot of the same problems. Some strains I would check out are the WORLD OF SEEDS MEDICAL, LANDRACE, AND DIAMOND LINES. Very good genetics. EMERALD TRIANGLE has good gear, TGA has new strains, also CONNOISSEUR has some KILLER strains also I want to try. I would go for Indicas, because if you plant now it will still have enough time to harvest before October frost, so look for early finishing strains like Biddy, like Sensi Star,World of Seeds Afghan kush and Pakistan kush, The Church (AMS) from Greenhouse, Texada Timewarp, Lemon Skunk, Super Lemon Haze, Lemon Diesel, Arcata Trainwreck, God Bud, TGA Deep Purple, OG Kush, Chem Dawg if you can find it. Cataract Kush, Exodus Cheese, Bubba Kush. All killer buds but most everyone I know has veg rooms full of plants already waiting for the temps to go up a lot more before putting their plants out to flower.

i would go with auto flowering strains due to the early frost date you most likely have. in a green house you may not be worried about that. Any that are not in a green house here i put out in buckets so i can move indoors to finish because by the time i get under 12 hrs of light they don't have time to finish before the cold will kill them. 5500 ft sounds like the elko area

No offense but personally I think auto flowers are cool as a novelty but for a serious grower why grow autos when all you are really saving is about 10 days? I grew an Afghan Kush Ryder autoflower. It was my first time growing autos and I also grew a non autoflowering version of the same strain. I pulled off about 2 ounces of dried bud off the auto flowering plant. Pretty good for an autoflowering plant grown in a 2.5 gallon pot. On the other hand the nonauto plant was absolutely massive and much danker. Not saying all auto flower plants have a problem with potency but the auto I grew was not nearly as potent as the non auto. I was impressed by the fact that it grew to a fairly large size for an auto @ about 28 inches. I really would not grow autos again unless it was an absolute necessity because you are not getting nearly what you should be getting in terms of yield if you veg your plant for a month or two.

100% agreed Growing247...I personally have done a few auto strains now and I'm not too impressed....There was alot of issues with some too. I had one Pandora auto only get about 6 inches in 2 weeks and it was already flowering before the second week was up. On the other hand, I had the same auto Pandora from the same purchase right next to it and same ages, it took that one til week 5 to start flowering and it was over 20 inches, needless to say, I got around 4 dry grams from the one and just under 2 ounces from the other...I don't think they got the science down yet, and those aren't the only ones I had issues with and weren't too impressed with...On the other hand, my Kandy Kush, Blueberry and Bubba are awesome and have corn dog size nugs on them and they were well worth the extra few weeks.......NO AUTOS unless you just want something pretty in your window seal!!!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom