Need a bit of help...

Man772

Okay,I'm going to use a small shed as a grow room and yes I read the whole FAQ thing, I'm a bit retarded sometimes though so I'd like some hands-on help

Strain - (Looking for Sativa) OG Kush + 1 Lowryder (looking for 5' Max plants)
# of Plants - 2-3
Grow Type - Pot/Indoor/Soil
Grow Stage - None
Light - 1000 Watt HPS looking for a price? or recomendations
Nutrients - Looking for recommendations
PPM - I don't know what that is
PH - Haven't started
RH - Haven't started
Room Temperature -75-82
Solution Temperature -Haven't started
Room Square Footage - Unknown (Med sise)
Pests - None Known
Vent - Don't know what I'll do, does drill holes work?

Need help with HPS Lighing recommendations but I've been thinking 1000watt

Need help understanding timer thing...

Starting from seeds

Going to 'Cure' and store in a safe (some not most of weed)

Kinda need a checklist for tools...

Its a 2 man operation, me and best friend-I'm handling tech and funding, he's main grower, but I need to learn it all before I teach him

there are lots of lights here: 420 Magazine - Sponsors

when you have a light on in there the heat will go up, you need proper vents in and out, for fresh air in and hot air out. temp should be at 70 to 75 when lights on, fox farms soil and nutrients are great and easy to use, there is a lot more you will learn after you start. :welcome:

Thanks? Any favorite places to get things? So I think I'll put vent on the top? Drill Holes? What is a "proper system"? and is there anything I could use to reduce smell? I mean I know there are ways, but what are some good ones

But mos def I'll check out that soil asap

this isn't so much a solution but a thought:

i was at home depot today and saw grow lights that have some sort of chemical on the outside of the glass. when the light is on, within ten minutes the chemical reacts and gets rid of any smell in the air!

idk what you guys think but i think that's pretty cool =)

This thread is probably the one you want to spend some quality time with How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

FAQ is a great forum, but more for specific questions. The How to Grow is targeted toward a "learn everything I need to know" reader.

Anyway I'll pick off a few of your questions

Decide how many plants you want to grow, then how much space you need/have before deciding on how much lighting to get. 50-100 watts per plant (more is better) and no tighter than 1 plant per square foot.

1000 watters are hot, consider cool tube or consider you'll need more cooling capacity. Maybe a 400 or 600 watt will be more manageable. You can always scale up.

Make sure you have intake, outtake for ventilation, carbon filter for smell, and recirculation fan for air movement and stem strengthening.

Timer is to make sure the light schedule is held. It's important that the plant sees light for consistent periods; i.e. 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for flower. If you confuse the plant it might turn into a hermaphrodite or not flower.

You may want not grow lowryder and Kush in the same room or at least be ready to have a mobile platform of sorts to maintain the same distance from plant to light source.

When switching to flowering prepare for the plants to double or triple in height. Before you decide your max plant height limit, check to see how far away a 1000 watt light needs to be to prevent burning.

Most of the nutrients come with use schedules

PPM is an abbreviation for parts per million. It's a metric used to determine the level of nutrient concentration in the water runoff. It can be correlated empirically with a "correct" range to make sure you are not over or under feeding.

pH is necessary to monitor because plants will absorb or not absorb critical nutrients if you drift out of the acceptable pH range. This is known as Nute Lock out.

Hope this helps...

omg thank you! might grow some in some outdoor, anything that helps for that? the pros and the cons?

Back
Top Bottom