Need fast answer about closet size

kennymox510

Need to move my setup from a full room to a closet ASAP!!! the closet is 28" deep. 88" wide and 96" tall . Question is, is this big enough for me to put my 600w digital ballast hps with air cooled hood and 4-6 plants? I will be venting to the attic from inside the closet and have an inlet fan pulling air from the room the closet is in. Please help. I need to do this like yesterday

Thank you

Re: need fast answer about closet size.

a 2x4 secret jardin with a 600W Hortilux HPS. I'm not an experienced grower by far but I have had good success after a little tweaking. I live in the southern US and temperatures reached above the 110s this summer so controlling heat was very important.

It's over kill but I use a 6" 400 cfm inline fan to draw air from the ac controlled room through the cool tube to the attic. To create negative pressure in the tent and suck the heat out I use a 6" 350 or 400 cfm hydrofarm inline fan for air outtake and a 225 (i think) cfm 6" inline fan to put cool air from the room in the tent. I cut two 6" holes in the ceiling drywall to vent into the attic (crawling in the attic was the hardest part of the setup but the most necessary for my situation). I found an aluminum 6" duct attachment pipe thing at home depot that sticks to the ceiling so I can attach the ducting. I run the cool tube fan 12/12 and the other two 24/7.

Even with the heat at 113 F outside I was able to keep my temps down to about 82-85 during the day and 75-78 at night. I never used CO2 so I could have had higher yields probably but i was getting about 1 oz per plant (Grape Ape and G-Bomb) in 1 gallon pots SOG style. I also never use a carbon filter as the small doesn't get that bad or a temp control unit. I recommend old pantyhose to cover all air intakes (those stupid bug catchers are expensive and ive found stalkings work just as well). Covering the fan intakes will make your fans last longer and keep bugs out. I'll post a basic drawing of my setup in a little bit. not my words, copy/pasted from google, 600 watts not a problem, all about cooling set-up! hope this helps:peace:

Back
Top Bottom