Need help: Changed from MH to HPS for flowering now plants are droopy

Jsick098

Title explains my problem. This whole grow has been going fine. These are gorilla glue autoflowers. Two of them are budding and the one that is drooping the most is not as old (about 3 weeks younger). I switched from 600 watt MH bulb to a 600 watt hps bulb a few days ago and ever since that the plants seem to be going through stress and drooping. I watered them all very well last night soil was pretty dry. Figured they would perk back up by today but that's not the case. Last nutrient feed was about a week ago but it doesn't seem to be a nutrient issue. Has anyone had similar problems after switching light?

Attachments

• 20181015_133850.jpg
    20181015_133850.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 20181015_133842.jpg
    20181015_133842.jpg
    740.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 20181015_133835.jpg
    20181015_133835.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 106
Yes there is a fan blowing air into tent.
A fan connected to carbon filter blowing out
And a fan blowing on plants
The tent is 3x3 and bought it from a very trusted company that specializes in growing tents i think the tent size is fine for 600w.
Temperature stays between 70-88 degrees (low end when light is off). and since I put new bulb in it has stayed the same it never goes past 90 degrees.
I dont believe I i am over watering the only time I water is when pots become light and I can stick my finger in soil and its dry at least an inch down

Just curious. What is your humidity? That could be a factor as well. But if I had to guess, I would say that you have taken your plants over the limit of heat they can handle. Do you have negative air pressure inside your tent? More air should be leaving your tent that is entering. This will make it much much easier for your plants to breathe. When you zip up your tent, if you have negative air pressure the walls of your tent should suck inwards slightly, otherwise you don't.

The tent does suck in a little bit so I do suppose it is negative. Should I turn the fan blowing out up to a higher setting?

The tent does suck in a little bit so I do suppose it is negative. Should I turn the fan blowing out up to a higher setting?

I would make sure that your filter is large enough to accommodate the size of your tent, otherwise you won't move enough air volume. I can't tell from your picture, but have you painted the outside of your pots white? doing so, can prevent your pots from absorbing heat and will reflect valuable light back to your plants they can use to make food.

If there is a way for you to somehow cool the room that the tent is in by either installing an AC or moving the air in that room, it would probably lower your tent temp.

Back
Top Bottom