Need help diagnosing problem

jmark1249

I am starting to notice a little buring on the tips of early growth can anyone help me..they are in fox farm ocean forest soils and using the fox farm trio nutrients ..the last 2 watering have been just water at 6.0 ph

Attachments

• 20191022_102358.jpg
    20191022_102358.jpg
    931.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20191022_102416.jpg
    20191022_102416.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 75
I am starting to notice a little buring on the tips of early growth can anyone help me..they are in fox farm ocean forest soils and using the fox farm trio nutrients ..the last 2 watering have been just water at 6.0 ph
A little bit of tip burn is not a crisis, certainly not enough to starve the plants or water at the wrong pH. The yellowing in the new growth tells me that iron is no longer available to your plant, probably because any that might have been left over in the soil is not mobile at 6.0 pH. Always adjust your pH to 6.2-6.3 in FFOF, whether it is the nutes or just plain water.
Instead of starving the plants for a cycle, try instead just lowering the dosage a bit on the nutes recommended on that week. The recommendations are for strong plants under strong lights, and if anything at all is off in your grow, the numbers may be off a little bit for you. But, like I said... a bit of a tip burn is actually desirable in my garden... I want to know that I am pushing the plants, just a bit.

I think that your adjusting the nutes down to half strength is a drastic over reaction to a tiny bit of tip burn, especially now knowing that you are also dealing with an iron deficiency... but it is not I that is needing yield out of your garden.

I think your light is too far away... explaining the under performance of your plants, seeing that they are not handling the full FF dosage without burning. More PAR seems to be called for, not less nutes.

Thanks for the help I will cut the nutes in half and continue watching them...with the light I am running how far away should it be ?

At this stage of growth, no more than 24" (60cm)

Ok I will lower the light and lower the nutes to 75%?
That's more reasonable... and watch for the plants to need full strength again soon. MIght I suggest you invest in a $35 light meter so you can get a better idea what is going on? That simple addition made all the difference in the world in my tent.

That's more reasonable... and watch for the plants to need full strength again soon. MIght I suggest you invest in a $35 light meter so you can get a better idea what is going on? That simple addition made all the difference in the world in my tent.

At least put the free app on your smart phone.

I am still learning and I need all the help I can get.. I will order one I just ordered a ppm to get a better understanding of what they need
are you planning on going to a water based system soon so that the ppm meter can tell you something useful? It is not really a tool you need in a soil grow... soil does not have to be that exact. Please tell me that no one has you checking runoff for any kind of useful information.

No they havnt I am still learning all this.
Good... well, at least you have the tools if you need them. I don't think I have touched my ppm meter for the last 5 years, once I got that itch to try hempy and hydro out of my system. I started out in FFOF and their nutes too... you made a good choice. DId you get the 3 solubles too?

Yeah the trio that's what I have been using
I mean the 3 solubles in addition to the trio... the beasty blooms, cha ching and open sesame. These will supercharge your grow in amazing ways.
Is the mars hydro ts 1000 enough for 3 plants?
I don't know that light enough to be able to answer... maybe an owner will speak up?

Back
Top Bottom