Need help figuring out these seedlings

newws

Salute to people of my favorite forum! Recently I decided to setup a tent for a little grow op with a led light. I had some old seeds(about a year and a half old) all autos 4 different strains. This is the first time im using royal mix which has nutrients for first 6 weeks. I rinsed the soil as per manual to clear the nutrients and put my germinated seeds into the soil. I did have pots under the light for about a day to dry them a bit. 3 days after i got seedlings into the ground this is how they look. Im just wondering if i fd up by not drying the soil a bit more or if its the old seeds problem. Just trying to learn here.
Any thoughts?

71A09EEE-638F-48D8-A59D-0C9664EA9312.jpeg

1CA7F08B-4B61-453D-BD89-797CDF3249AF.jpeg

1D02BBC8-B5DC-4DD8-9596-2A800CC8E6E1.jpeg

961C35EA-0602-4E41-9171-2B874C51634D.jpeg

497163EB-1286-492A-AB66-BA8368204EFA.jpeg

F8C3E96B-0472-40D9-85AC-2012287E38B4.jpeg

heya friend,, the soil might be a bit hot for the wee ones,, and watering a tiny plant in a big pot quite often leads to watering issues,, usually too much water

little ones have a terribly tough time rebounding from early issues,,

karma sent friend

Couple quick questions. What kind and how far away are your LED lights from the seedlings? The plants are so small it's hard to tell what's going on, might get more info after the first set or two of leaves come out. Quick assessment, (and best guess) based on what little I see: The lights might be too close, and/or, the residual nutes are a little strong. I have a feeling it will work itself out as they grow. Old seeds are not the problem, if they sprout, they're viable. BTW, autos or Photos?

Couple quick questions. What kind and how far away are your LED lights from the seedlings? The plants are so small it's hard to tell what's going on, might get more info after the first set or two of leaves come out. Quick assessment, (and best guess) based on what little I see: The lights might be too close, and/or, the residual nutes are a little strong. I have a feeling it will work itself out as they grow. Old seeds are not the problem, if they sprout, they're viable. BTW, autos or Photos?
Full spec 350w. Got the light about 90cm above plants. Residual nutes should be flushed for 2 weeks or so the manual says. I know those nutes would be way way to much for plants and i made sure to flush the soil properly. Autos, all 4 babies.
Thanks for replying!

3 days after i got seedlings into the ground this is how they look. Im just wondering if i fd up by not drying the soil a bit more or if its the old seeds problem. Just trying to learn here.
Any thoughts?
There have been messages posted on the group by members who have sprouted and grown plants from seeds that were 10 times older than your year and a half old seeds. The older they get the more likely the chance that they might not sprout and if they do they will be stunted, etc. But your seeds are not all that old so I doubt the age is any sort of problem.

Soil does not look all that wet. The surface is already showing signs of drying out. I can see that the small pieces of sticks, old roots and other organic material is drying out. If the soil was soaking wet we would be able to see the lights reflecting off of all the moisture coating the soil and organic particles. (We see that in a lot of photographs on this message board but not in yours.)

put my germinated seeds into the soil.
This sounds like you germinated or sprouted (both words mean the same thing) the seeds in something else, maybe paper towels, and then put them into the pots of soil. I am not a fan of that method since it was designed as a testing method and not a way of speeding up the growth of seedlings.

When the seed is taken from the paper towels or whatever it was sprouted in there is a good chance that all the handling can cause the hair roots coming off the tap root to break. Or, the tap root or tender stem gets bruised or cracked. Most of the time this damage is not enough to kill the plant but it is enough to slow down the growth while the seedling recovers.

I put my seeds right into the soil in seed starter cell-packs or trays. They usually sprout and the cotyledons are above the surface in 48 to 72 hours. The plant has straightened out and the cotyledons have opened up and the little points of the first true leaves are showing within 6 to 12 later just about every time.

Looking at the photos I do not see any problems. Another day or two and your plants will be growing fast enough to make up for lost time.

Enjoy the day.

There have been messages posted on the group by members who have sprouted and grown plants from seeds that were 10 times older than your year and a half old seeds. The older they get the more likely the chance that they might not sprout and if they do they will be stunted, etc. But your seeds are not all that old so I doubt the age is any sort of problem.

Soil does not look all that wet. The surface is already showing signs of drying out. I can see that the small pieces of sticks, old roots and other organic material is drying out. If the soil was soaking wet we would be able to see the lights reflecting off of all the moisture coating the soil and organic particles. (We see that in a lot of photographs on this message board but not in yours.)

This sounds like you germinated or sprouted (both words mean the same thing) the seeds in something else, maybe paper towels, and then put them into the pots of soil. I am not a fan of that method since it was designed as a testing method and not a way of speeding up the growth of seedlings.

When the seed is taken from the paper towels or whatever it was sprouted in there is a good chance that all the handling can cause the hair roots coming off the tap root to break. Or, the tap root or tender stem gets bruised or cracked. Most of the time this damage is not enough to kill the plant but it is enough to slow down the growth while the seedling recovers.

I put my seeds right into the soil in seed starter cell-packs or trays. They usually sprout and the cotyledons are above the surface in 48 to 72 hours. The plant has straightened out and the cotyledons have opened up and the little points of the first true leaves are showing within 6 to 12 later just about every time.

Looking at the photos I do not see any problems. Another day or two and your plants will be growing fast enough to make up for lost time.

Enjoy the day.
Hey! Yes I did it in paper towels, beside that while they were in germinating the humidity inside the zip bags was off the chart. The soil is drier now, but i did put the seeds in very wet soil.
I will definitely stop germinating in paper towels, as out of 15-20 plants I've grown so far probably around 4-5 failed at seedling stage.
However I only do autos and as far as i know it should be started in the final pot, so should i just them in soil in final pot? Also how do you handle the soil while germinating? Do you keep them under light?

Thank you for taking the time! I appreciate it truly.

However I only do autos and as far as i know it should be started in the final pot, so should i just them in soil in final pot?
My recommendation is first off to do what you are comfortable with. I am very comfortable with putting seeds just about every type of seed right into the soil. Doesn't matter if it is Cannabis or tomatoes or green beans.

One thing about planting the seed directly into the soil, and skipping the paper towel stage, is that it takes a bit of a feel for how deep to put the seed. That comes with practice.

My recommendation is first off to do what you are comfortable with. I am very comfortable with putting seeds just about every type of seed right into the soil. Doesn't matter if it is Cannabis or tomatoes or green beans.

One thing about planting the seed directly into the soil, and skipping the paper towel stage, is that it takes a bit of a feel for how deep to put the seed. That comes with practice.
Yes I understand, thats why im always “scared” to go directly to soil tho i always want to try it… ill do it next time. Thanks man I appreciate you

Here is an update. Two of the ladies shot up a bit too much but i got some soil around them, it happened in the 6 hour period the light was off. The other two are super super small and seem to advance very slowly. I just hope they will grow poor little babies.

Oh and happy new year everyone! I wish y’all a lot of successful grows.

1DD95DB7-6A4C-497C-B043-7E3A1CD10698.jpeg

09E7BAF2-378E-4D1C-8145-7C24844CA761.jpeg
D40C9CDF-B34F-4AFD-9DF5-0795137DEE82.jpeg
D16957DB-37EF-43DE-9D5A-2133011D6B8E.jpeg

92E3B69A-4DC7-4855-838C-826E807D9C1A.jpeg

Quick update and a quick question.
Im running 200w right now, when should i go full power mode(350) and lower the lights? Never had lights with that option. Two of the ladies doing pretty good, one is just very small and the 4th one is very small and a bit deformed with one true leaf seems not even growin.
778D31E6-6A23-4B2D-B0FE-728D3C912B3E.jpeg
D8C00DD6-FE41-4B0B-88EB-DEBBDCCB7423.jpeg
D1110A4B-86E8-460A-AC86-9B3C958D99DB.jpeg

CC398DF5-E44C-46AD-8EE7-41E92DAB73F0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom