Need help from LED light owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnberner

I just received my new p300, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to hang it from the ceiling of my grow cabinet. The ceiling is made of 1 inch thick particle board, can I use self tapping eyelets? I thought the nature of particle board might not have enough holding power for the hooks or eyelets, so I got machine thread eyelets with wide washers and a nut, but would rather use self tapping eyelets for ease of installation. I also would like to be able to mount it within 3-4 inches of the ceiling, does anyone ditch the cable that it came with, and come up with another mounting solution? Thanks.

I just received my new p300, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to hang it from the ceiling of my grow cabinet. The ceiling is made of 1 inch thick particle board, can I use self tapping eyelets? I thought the nature of particle board might not have enough holding power for the hooks or eyelets, so I got machine thread eyelets with wide washers and a nut, but would rather use self tapping eyelets for ease of installation. I also would like to be able to mount it within 3-4 inches of the ceiling, does anyone ditch the cable that it came with, and come up with another mounting solution? Thanks.

Hi Mtnberner

i don't see the dimensions of your room
I have a P300 and I do use the cable hangers that ship with the unit.
I bought the ratchet style adjustable hanger and use them together with the shipped cable hangers. I have almost 8 ft ceiling in my tent so the additional length of the cable hangers supplied by Platinum LED do take several inches from height.
my suggestion is purchase the adjustable ratchet hangers to use if height isn't an issue.
or you can ditch the cable that came with the unit and just use an adjustable ratchet style. Since these hangers only have two hooks the p300 has places for 4 hook eyelets you would need to hook up the cable on only two of the 4 mounting holes. I have seen folks do that and they seem to work fine.

I suggest you do use the threaded eye bolts 4 of them with the washers then use 4 pieces of short chain with 4 Stainless Steel Spring Snap Hook type Carabiner's and 4 of the S hooks that came with the light to connect the chain to the light.

Doing it this way you will have stability and the ability to mount the light close to the top. Also be sure to install your exhaust fan somewhere *above* the light to vent its hot air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom