Need Help, Leaves are dying

Lost Forever

Hey everyone. I am new to posting here and I just started my first Deep Water Culture grow about 3 weeks ago. Everything was going good until my leaves started showing brown spots and then they look like they are drying up.

I have 6 plants going, 3 of them are doing fine, but the others are showing the brown spots and the main one in the picture looks the worst.

I had pythium, thats when the plants started looking bad (the hoses were covered in gross goo, and so were some of the roots) But I seem to have gotten rid of it by lowering my temps (water temp is now 67-69), doing a full clean of my system and using some h202. Two days ago I started using subculture-b and sm-90.

I am using the BC line of nuts and my water ppm is 130 and my ppm after nutes is around 600. My ph is 5.8-6.0ish.
I am using Sunshine Systems LEDGP45 LED Grow Lights which seems to be doing a good job.

Can anyone offer some advice so I can get my babies back to good health.

Thanks in advance.

This is the one that is the worst.
badleaves1.jpg

This is the guy right next to the bad one that seems to be doing just fine
goodleaves.jpg

Did you cut out the rotted root mass? Is the ph and ppm actually staying stable? Did you scrub the res out with h2o2 or dish soap?

I did. There wasnt much rotten root mass. But I cleaned it up as much as possible. And yes. I scrubbed everything out with h2o2, the res, the air stones, the water pump, everything. The ph and ppm are staying stable.

Well I saw some pics of Mg deficiency and it sort of looked like what was going on. So I added some Epsom Salt to the reservoir and made a ph balanced spray with Epsom salt in it and sprayed it on the bad looking leaves. Not sure if going to help. I am just graspin at straws so they dont die.

Do these pics look like nute burn? I just changed the res out and when checking the ppm it was way high around 900. So I changed the water, poured some 5.9ph water into each cup (about a cup each) and then drained and added new water with the ppm around 550 with the nutes, sm-90, and subculture-b and the ph around 5.9.
::crossing fingers::

yea that looks like nute burn ,, feed them 1/4 the recommended nutes for atleast 3 weeks from seed then slowly step it up ,stick with 5tbs h202 per gallon an atleast 2 foot long airstones per tub an you will be good :roorrip:

Thanks. Thats what I was thinking, especially when I did the res change and the ppm was so high. I was feeding them like they were alot older. Though I dont know why some of them did just fine (I am glad they did though!)

I am using 2 foot long airstones. And read instead of having to use h202 I could use the subculture-b which would help with plythium or any other harmful bacteria.

Do you think that plant will be able to recover? It looks so pitiful.

Thanks, yea that's what I based my recent res change on. And I am glad they will survive. Just wonder how long it will take to recover, that one was burnt bad.

Iam also useing the Technoflora BC nutes and got some burn on the leaves as well. Like said above just lower ur nute lvls for what stage of growth. The BC recipe for Sucess is the same for all parts of the Veg cycle and thats just wrong and confuseing. Iam now on week 2 on 12/12 and the burn has stoped and the new growth looks great. I cliped off the dead tips on the leaves also, not sure if that is wright or wrong but seems to be doing fine.:goodluck:

Yea I started using way under what the nutes said to use and now my ppm is at about 400 (plus my waters 150). They are still kicking along but a few still look worry some (while 2 of them look like the over nuting gave them no problem at all). I am sure it will probably take the burnt ones a little longer to recover.

Today I did a full clean of the res, lines, air stones and such. I didn't give it the full sterile clean like I should have before, there was so much junk in the lines and pump that I am sure that was some of my problem. Hopefully I will have an update in a week about how great they are doing!
:slide:

Back
Top Bottom