Need Help Please!

xkjtx

Would someone give me any info at all about my first post???
Im 36 days into this and they don't look good. Please Help!!!

Been around alot, but none I grown my self

Also I just got 3 more and will be posting pictures when I can.

Please ask questions and please tell me what you think?

-xkjtx

P.S. Could someone tell me how to make a good mixture for soil when re-potting?
I have 5 plants and need to know what I need for the best soil mixture. Thanks!

Re: Need Help Please!!!

i use fox farm ocean forest about25% coco coir about25% then perlite the other 40-50% i eyeball mine but in soil this is a great mix.plus the ffof has all the goodies to feed your plant for 2-3 weeks depending on age and size of plant.

i use fox farm ocean forest about25% coco coir about25% then perlite the other 40-50% i eyeball mine but in soil this is a great mix.plus the ffof has all the goodies to feed your plant for 2-3 weeks depending on age and size of plant.

Thank you for the fast reply. I have this soil Miracle-Gro Seed Starting Potting Mix. It has the Perlite already in it. White little rocks(or what ever). Hope this is good? I was also wondering about the sand I am suppose to use? Do you have any idea what kind I should get? Thanks for the help.

-xkjtx

P.S. Is there a bag of soil I can buy that has everything I need already in it so I can just transplant into a big pot and be just fine watering it for a bit(2-3weeks)?

imo the ffof is the best unless you want to make your own. its pretty complete. as far as the perlite goes the ffof also has it in there, but i would advise putting 40-50%more in it.the other 50-60%your soil mixture. some will say at least 30%perlite i prefer a little more like almost 50%. i may have explained this confuseing sorry if i have.

That does make since! I understand. So the FFOF has everything in it that I need to re-pot, but you would put more perlite in it because it doesn't have as much as you think it would need. Now what nutes would you use? What Schedule would you follow or do you have your own way? I just want to try and save them before anything else starts to happen. From reading I have seen alot of problems that could happen if you don't do it with in a guide line. If I quickly act before its to late I am pretty sure I can resolve whats going on. Have you read my other post? I would like to know if I should up grade my light bulbs? I am making a light ducked reflector and want to know if I should keep the lights I have now on the plants? Thanks for your help!

-xkjtx

the only nutes im useing right now is alaska fish i think is what its called the numbers on it 5-1-1 its organic. i planted from seed ,waited 2 wks and started feeding 1/2 tsp. i i have gradually aded more as they have grown.i only feed them that because of a low budget. but have had good results plus it wont burn them. i feed, feed, water.thats pretty much my schedule.if money wasnt an issue id have the complete line of foxfarm nutes,and just follow the schedule on there site. hope this helps

Dude thank you for your info!!! I am in the same boat with money too, but I think I can pull out for my babies. I need to get this done and you helped me with that Alaska fish fert... I am going to get that right now! Thanks again and if your around for more questions I will reply and update. I will keep you posted!

-xkjtx

Ok, so I potted them. Lets hope it went well... I did get another plant from a
friend and she doesn't know whats going on with it. I re-potted it into some
good soil, just like my other plants. Hope this one lives, cause its bigger then
the others. Please take a look and tell me what you think? Also would you tell
me how high/low the lights should be? I think they are ok right now, but I would
like your opinions on this? I would say they are 5-6 inches from the top of the
pot container and about 6-7 inches away from the little plants. The big one I
just got, the lights are about 4-5 inches away. Thanks for all the help!!!

Forgot to say that when I re-potted them, I gave them nutes and lots of water! FFoF
nutes!!! Hope it helps???? ....

Here are my new pics!
2010-06-30_12_35_51.jpg

2010-06-30_12_35_58.jpg

2010-06-30_12_36_09.jpg

2010-06-30_12_36_14.jpg

This is the new one that I got. She needed alot of help to stand, so I put
wire in around her and I think it will help alot! Hope she survives?
2010-06-30_12_36_19.jpg

-xkjtx

looks to me like you are burning the hell out of your babys. ive just recently switched from hydro to soil so the info i have on soil grows is limited but i am still knowledgeable on growing, period. i have personally seen great results with the miracle gro seed starting mix. it does not contain the time released sh*t that most mg products has(i am currently experimenting with what ratio of perlite or vermiculite i should add to this particular soil). i have always used the ff trio for my hydro grow. no matter what anyone says, ff soils can be too hot for plants and thats especially for young or unhealthy plants. i have just started my first soil grow due to living situations being altered and i am trying to figure the doe's n donts with soil grows. i do know you dont need fancy soil. google hempy buckets! perlite with the right nutrients added can yield beautiful results alone but thats neither here nor there. i would go to lowes buy the test kit that has the vials and tablets that check npk and ph in your soil. i think its like 12 bucks. find out if you have too much of n,p,or k then go from there. you would be surprised how fast plants can snap out of it once the problem is addressed and corrected. i would rather know exactly what my plant needs and supply it to the plant than put all of my faith in a fancy soil. ff guys are going to kill my on that 1 lol

How did you receive these plants? The pictures says a lot!
1. how did you get them and what were they in. when they are that size they are still in my clone bucket and NOT in dirt until the roots are AT LEAST 8" long or about 3 weeks.
2. These are fragile babies. FFOF or All-Mix and rich soils and probably too rich for such fragile little plants. If you NEED to put them in something, next time use FF Light Warrior.

Soil is so easy to grow in and there is so much info on this site... good luch

How did you receive these plants? The pictures says a lot!
1. how did you get them and what were they in. when they are that size they are still in my clone bucket and NOT in dirt until the roots are AT LEAST 8" long or about 3 weeks.
2. These are fragile babies. FFOF or All-Mix and rich soils and probably too rich for such fragile little plants. If you NEED to put them in something, next time use FF Light Warrior.

Soil is so easy to grow in and there is so much info on this site... good luch

so since i already have the ff trio and wanna go ahead and use those, what would you suggest for soil? i have already germed and got 5 of 5 fem ezryders popping up (just dropped 5 more in water a min ago). they say not to feed them anything for a couple weeks so i think thats when i'll transplant them into theyre pots. oh and theyre doing great (knock on wood) so far in the mg seed starting mix. got em in a dome right now with a heating pad under it with a couple shirts in between so it doesnt get too hot but in a day or so i have a big tote with a pc intake and exaust fan hooked up and 2 cool 42 watt cfl's. figure thatll be a good home till about week 2 and then i'll gradually introduce them to the all powerful sun

Flush the hell out of that miracle grow pre-ferted mixes. That's what I've done when I use them. I try to wash away as much as I can in the pre-ferted seedling mixes before I've used them.

if using dirt, start in Light Warrior, in 1/2-1 gallons, the move to larger size for outdoors and put in the ffof.
Nute lightly!!! there are nutes in the soil and you don't want to burn them.

Outdoors?? Be careful with putting little ones in the blazing sun. might want to put them by the window for a few days so they can slowly adjust.

We only put 2 month old vegged plants outside.

good luch

promix
wormcastings
extra perlite.
thats all you need bro. plant the seed right into it. in 2 gal bags and give em water for the first 3 weeks. thats all there is. it doesnt have to be harder than that...first time if you do this you will never have a failure.
in about 3 weeks you will have nice little plants ready for a 1/4th nute feeding.
your plants look like they got nutes right away.
i have also personaly used that mg seed starter soil and its not bad at all. the only thing is its thick. it doesnt crumble so easy. i add perlite to it and i have clones right now that are thriving in the seed starter soil.

Back
Top Bottom