Second Part of xKJTx's Grow!

To all that said that about the fans, yes it wasn't good to have both, but one is ok. I put
the other one down right on the ground pointing up. I took the clamp off it so it could fit
down there. I will show you guys a picture later. I went out today and didn't come back till now, but I had a chance to check on them and they look very good. Temps are at 84, but thats good cause it will get around 76 during the night time. The soil may need watering tomorrow, but I don't know? I put my moister meter in and it looked right in the green. So I think I will test tomorrow and see then. I don't like to feed them on Sat, or Sun, but sometimes it gets so hot and thats when they use alot of water!... I do mist every so often(Maybe 25ml of mist in a 2 day period. So combine the 2 days = 25ml. Not to much.), but just the leaves. It has been getting much hotter and the AC has been over working. Today the heat did get up to 94F out side, and in the room it was 86F. I toned it down with leaving the door open and turning one fan up high. The one on the top. It got it down to 78F for like 2 hours strait! It was so cool seeing that! Well, off to bed. Going to get up early to see whats going on and take some pictures! Be back on then! :peacetwo::tokin:

Also thank you to all who rep'd me... lol I rep'd all you back! he he... I did put some good money into
that reflector and made it fit nice in the space I had. I think everything will work out great! Thanks!

I need to add that before I left to go play with some friends:hookah:, the little ladies were showing
there 3erd section of leaves... This is just beautiful to watch. In just a matter of hours, you see the
changes! So excited, but I will keep it to a min, so I can keep the ladies alive! Be a good owner, get a good pet! Treat them with respect and they will show the same! I have a cat and he is trained and 9 weeks old! I researched a bit on training and he is taking it so good!... Anyways, falling asleep at the keyboard! lol! Night!

-xkjtx

Just an update to show you how my little ones are doing... They are so big and
green, its so sweet how they get over night!...

This is Kaylie:
2010-07-11_10_42_37.jpg

2010-07-11_10_43_12.jpg

This is Lately:
2010-07-11_10_45_05.jpg

Check out the stem right at the top... Theres 8 stems coming out!!!
2010-07-11_10_48_16.jpg

I think I am getting good at this! hehe... Thanks again guys and gals(GG)!!!

Oh, and I am pretty sure I have 1 Indica and 1 Sativa. Now lets hope one is a boy and one
is a girl??? Wouldn't you think that would be the best thing for me? Then I can breed!!!

I want to ask you, what would you do if one was a girl and one was a boy? Also, witch one would you want to be the girl(sativa me thinks), and boy(Indica)....?

-xkjtx

Edit: ?QUESTION? My temps in the morning when I wake up are at 88-90F, but then I open the door
and let it cool off. It then stays around 82-85 for the afternoon. Then in the night time it gets to be around normal 79-80F... Is this fine? I know that these plants love the heat, but is 90 to much to be at for 2 hours? Those pics were taking at 85-87F... I do mist with warm(about 68-70F) water and they seem to love it!!!
I may just be a bit to worried, but can't hurt to ask!

EDIT #2: Just had to add this. I went thru my pictures I have here at 420 and the stress that these
plants have been through and the transition into what I see now... WOW!!! Do it your self and you
will see the excitement I am going through! F'ing love this!!! Going to smoke now after having some
Honey Combs!!! UMMMMMM..... hehehe

90 degrees is really too hot. A 70-80 range is recommended. My plants will let it get up to 83 without complaining if it's not for an extended period.

Does it feel like 90 in there? If so, take steps to get the temp down. If not, try a different thermometer. I found my digital thermometer/hydrometer combos on clearance at Home Depot for like $7. It will even log your maximum and minimum readings for you, so that you can know what the room was like overnight or while you were otherwise away.

To get the temps down, it might be time for you to set up an exhaust fan.

GG, I think my temps are just fine. Me thinks the dollar store temp is off a bit... :bravo:

Little update cause today went very well... I could see alot of growth!

Check them out for your self and tell me what you think? :hookah:

If anyone knows what kind they are, or could even give me a guess, that would be cool...? :blunt:

Kaylie: Her leaves at the bottom(the ones that were very bad looking at the start) are now growing more out from there stem! It looks so cool. This has happened with in the last 12-15 hours. I just left them alone pretty much all day! I just checked about every 2 hours on the air flow and temp. Not to much adjusting, but it was very nice watching them grow!!!
2010-07-11_20_19_36.jpg

Lately: She is getting so bushy! This is how I know I have 2 kinds! One is long and the other is bushy! I love this!!!
2010-07-11_20_20_05.jpg

xkjtx

Ok, just a small update. This is the start of week 3, end of week 2, after re-potting my little ones. I have 100% saved them from dieing. As you will see in the pictures, 2 weeks of perfect care, does do some good! hehe

I would say the lights and the hood have done about 70% of the caring, 10% nutes, 20% me for loving them so much. I almost lost it(Me losing control of myself) in the first 40 days of the floppy start. If you haven't seen the pictures of them in the 40 days, please click on the link in my signature that says "First floppy start". I almost stopped and pulled them... Good thing I didn't!!! I love them to much now!...

Well, here is the update on the grow round. I moved the fan like I said and the temps have stayed at 80-81. I think this is best because in the night time(6 hours of light) the room gets to be around 73-74 and then the lights turn back on and it heats back up. So I think I have found the right way to keep the temps at there levels they need to be during the whole day! Pretty sweet when you do something that makes everything better! If you can see the lights are down more and the middle is bent back into place. I should have done this before and never thought about it. I made it so that there is 3 inches from the wall and the light in the back, so the air can flow nicely through. It has mad the difference. Check it!!!

2010-07-12_22_03_49.jpg

I am going to leave the hood like this with only the 4(2 daylight, 2 soft white) x 100w(1600l) + 2 75w(1100l) = 550w(8600l). What do you think? I really like it because it is good with the temp now. I think in the small space I have, it was to much. I like it now though!
2010-07-13_09_50_03.jpg

Now to the little ladies...

Kaylie: She is... WOW... Theres no other way of saying it! She has just grown so much. Its like she is a different plant! Her first leaves have more leaves coming out at the same place. New life is so cool!!!

2010-07-13_09_37_26.jpg

2010-07-13_09_48_57.jpg

Please check this out cause I am a bit scared and if I can do something about it right now I think it would help alot before she gets any bigger!!! Her stem is curved pretty bad, almost like its going to break at any point. I am scared that it wont get stronger and when she gets bigger it will break! What do you think??? What would you do?

2010-07-13_09_40_32.jpg

Lately: She is just a dream come true! Check her top out... Has 3(not 4 like I said before) stems coming off and theres 6 leaves coming out of that! So crazy how it works. I have been watching and checking on them every 3-4 hours or so... Every time I check them out I can see they are getting bigger. So crazy!!! Anyways, I want to thank you guys(and gals GG) for everything. I think I have proven my self to become a great grower!!!

2010-07-13_09_46_07.jpg

2010-07-13_09_48_10.jpg

EDIT: Just wondering if anyone can tell me if these will get higher then 3 feet? If so I think I need to train them to be shorter! I am going to try what GG is doing right now. I have been following her with her training and it is going very well for her!

-xkjtx

Looks like a complete turn-a-round xkjtx. Your doing great! I wouldn't worry about that stem, it will thicken up and be fine. As far as height goes, the general rule is they double in size when you flower them. This isn't always the case but should give you an idea.

Looks like a complete turn-a-round xkjtx. Your doing great! I wouldn't worry about that stem, it will thicken up and be fine. As far as height goes, the general rule is they double in size when you flower them. This isn't always the case but should give you an idea.

Its hard to tell if they are different strains. I have some Black Label Master Kush growing... 2 are short and bushy, 2 are tall and tree like.

Looks good though man!

Thanks for the replies... Just was wondering if I should put something, like a wire or a stick, just to hold it and if it wants to us it as a perch to go up instead of sideways? What you think? Also, about flowering, can't I just go by the FFoF schedule? With starting off with my complete turn around. I am on week 3 of the turn... So if I do that and they live thru it, I should have some very nice girls.(Maybe Boy and Girl)? I know Kaylie is going to get tall. I see she has grown, I don't know maybe, 8 more leaves, 3-4 more stem stocks. She is just growing like there is going to be no tomorrow! I love watching. They know I'm there... They love me for being there for them...

-xkjtx

Saw what you said on GrowingGirls thread and I think you could definitely put a screen in there and benefit greatly from it :)

SG

Thank you so much for the fast reply... Just wondering what you think I should get. Remember my space is 3' tall, 17-18inch deep and exactly 20" across. Also, I know it says for flowering you have to have better lights, but what if I can't get those better lights? Can I use these ones and just add a couple more? I know I can worry about it later, but I have no more money to put into this because I used it to get what I have now. Thanks again for the replies and help!

-xkjtx

If the stem is just curved, but not actually damaged/weak, I consider it a GOOD thing...as you've seen in my pics, I abuse the hell out of my stems to keep the plants short. An example:

IMG00885-20100711-1701.jpg

I know I said not to SCROG this time around, but if it's what you really want to do, well...that's your decision and of course I will be excited to watch how it turns out.

Regarding the lights for flowering, you can certainly just add a few more CFLs for flowering if that's what you can afford. I'm going to flower my babies under CFL only, unless my big girls finish up and their HPS becomes available.

The video won't play for me, but I have to ask...why do you think you need to increase the humidity? Do you even have a hydrometer in there yet so that you know what the humidity is currently? It's pretty rare to need to add humidity unless you are dealing with unrooted clones, which you are not.

Furthermore, when it's time to flower you are actually going to want to keep the humidity below a certain point. It's highly unlikely that you need to humidify your plants, and I absolutely wouldn't try to do so without know the current humidity first...which will probably indicate that you shouldn't do anything.

The video won't play for me, but I have to ask...why do you think you need to increase the humidity? Do you even have a hydrometer in there yet so that you know what the humidity is currently? It's pretty rare to need to add humidity unless you are dealing with unrooted clones, which you are not.

Furthermore, when it's time to flower you are actually going to want to keep the humidity below a certain point. It's highly unlikely that you need to humidify your plants, and I absolutely wouldn't try to do so without know the current humidity first...which will probably indicate that you shouldn't do anything.

This one is on youtube = CLICK(might have to right click and open new tab) Hope this one works for you GG?

Right after seeing this video, I went and got a hydrometer! It is pretty dry in my plant room because of the fans blowing. The hydrometer tells me that the humidity is at 43(in the dry). So there is not any humidity. The temps have ranged between 78-85F. I have kept the temps in-between 78-85F and the plants seem to love it and haven't given me any more problems. I will be posting pictures on Monday right after I nute them. You all will be happy with what I have done! They LOVE it in there now that I have everything setup right and not all messed up like when they were born! Hope you all see the dedication and effort I have put into these girls to get them grown good!

-xkjtx

Still won't play for me, either embedded or tight on YouTube...but, it the still shot I can see there it looks like he's using a humidifier.

I've been told that you can also just put one or more open containers of water in the grow space, but it didn't work for me when I tried it with my fresh clones.

Looking forward to new pics! Be veeeeeeery careful with the nutes; your plants are still pretty tiny, even though they've been doing well.

Still won't play for me, either embedded or tight on YouTube...but, it the still shot I can see there it looks like he's using a humidifier.

I've been told that you can also just put one or more open containers of water in the grow space, but it didn't work for me when I tried it with my fresh clones.

Looking forward to new pics! Be veeeeeeery careful with the nutes; your plants are still pretty tiny, even though they've been doing well.

The person on the video from what you can see, look at the plant and the rocks
he has under them... This is what he says is gravel. I am not for sure what kind
of gravel, but I know it has to be gravel not infested! Its white and all he does
is put water in it at the top of the gravel. Then he says you get a big saucer that
is as big as your foliage on your plant. Hope you know what that means and if you
don't I can tell you? It will then humidify the under side of your leaves. Check it!

Just_Water_In_Gravel.jpg

Hope I can do this, but I wouldn't know what kind of gravel? Anyone know???

-xkjtx

Standard gravel from the garden section at home depot?

SG

Nice, so you have done this SanibelGreen? Does it work pretty good? How much
humidity did you see when putting this in your room? My Humidity is around 45-48
at all times... I would like to know where I should have it right now as well as in
flowering?

Thanks!

-xkjtx

Back
Top Bottom