First Grow Part 1 - Setup

Yes if you are growing indoors there is a thing called TOO BIG. If you can learn too TOP/FIM/or LST you can keep your plants short and bushy. If you see my pics you can see how i have it tied down and FIM it. If this is all new to you there are some nice post on how to do it on :420:

Yes if you are growing indoors there is a thing called TOO BIG. If you can learn too TOP/FIM/or LST you can keep your plants short and bushy. If you see my pics you can see how i have it tied down and FIM it. If this is all new to you there are some nice post on how to do it on :420:
It was a little joke, I meant other than the limit of your grow box, like if you had unlimited space to grow, is there really such thing as too big. I guess it wasn't a very good joke if I have to explain it, sorry.

Anyway, my plants look really dry, and the few leaves it has are dried up. I gave it some water and sprayed it with a bottle, But I'm wondering if I should raise the light?

It was less than an inch away, so I moved it tiny bit. I got a splitter, so now there are 3 lights for the plant, I still need the emergency blanket, but I'm going to have a bunch of expenses come my way I'm aware about, so I've stopped buying anything (Not just growing stuff) until next month,when I'll have money. I have to see what happens. Yes, I am using CFLs. I think it wil do better with the splitter, I heard CFLs are better from the side, and now it's getting side light from 2 CFLs, the 3rd is a lamp that will provide better light underneath when it gets bigger. If I put a small dish of water in do you think It'll increase humidity?

They don't have a wide variety of fertilizers at my walmart, If need be, as a last resort (After I've looked around the community, if can't find anything), can I get the 20-20-20 and Greatly dilute it? (I mean less than 1/8th recommended amount) The problem is the website doesn't show even half the fertilizers they do have, so I can probably find a better one, this is just a worse-case scenario question.

Ok that's a question i can't answer, I use fox farm trio.
Okay, I'll look for that. I believe there's a gardening store around town some place, so I'll check it out and see what they have. If my landlord and neighbors don't have a problem with it, I'll have a regular garden out back, so I needed to go to one anyway.
Also, Worms. Would putting Worms in the pot help at all? I heard they're good for plants, but I don't know much about them.

I found a centipede crawling up my leg when showering, and now that I know they're here I'm wondering if they could hurt my plants, and also how to get rid of them. I F***ing hate bug that have lots of legs, pardon my language, so I want to know if the plant will attract them, and how to get them the Hell out of my house. I'm probably not going to sleep tonight. I won't go into detail, but lets just say something happened when I was younger, so if it attracts them I'll probably have to stop growing.

Hey about he emergency blankets, from what I know they will work. But theyre extremely efficient at containing heat while not being incredibly great at reflecting light because there are tiny holes all over them. And I may have missed someones reply, but tin foil is no good, it too traps lots of heat and has fairly low reflectivity. If I were you and looking for a cheap alternative, go to any dollar store and get the shiny wrapping paper they have for like 99 cents a roll.. The back side of that paper is reflective mylar, just tape that shit up on the walls.. You may want to grab a bunch of the rolls thought because each one only has about 5 feet on it.

Hey about he emergency blankets, from what I know they will work. But they're extremely efficient at containing heat while not being incredibly great at reflecting light because there are tiny holes all over them. If I were you and looking for a cheap alternative, go to any dollar store and get the shiny wrapping paper they have for like 99 cents a roll.. The back side of that paper is reflective mylar, just tape that shit up on the walls.. You may want to grab a bunch of the rolls thought because each one only has about 5 feet on it.
The heat in my grow box is only 60F so I need to increase it anyway, is there anyway to safely use both?
P.S. I started looking at your grow, looks really good to me! Is that LED good? can it be used for both veg and bloom? Is there a cheaper one that could be used for only 1 plant?

I looked into North American centipedes and found out that although they will bite they're not dangerous to people, and they're carnivorous and eat bugs that could be harmful to my plant. They also don't usually uh..gather in swarms?(Is that the correct way to say that?) so chances are low that we have an infestation. That being said, I'm still going to take precautions against them, I'm going to try cayenne pepper, I read online they don't like it, and I don't really want to use any pesticides, so I'm going to put some cayenne pepper powder around my doors and windows and hope I don't see any more. Oh! About the bite. I said it wasn't dangerous, but it apparently still hurts like hell, I don't plan on testing it, so hopefully that was the only one.

The heat in my grow box is only 60F so I need to increase it anyway, is there anyway to safely use both?
P.S. I started looking at your grow, looks really good to me! Is that LED good? can it be used for both veg and bloom? Is there a cheaper one that could be used for only 1 plant?

Tin foil can also burn your plants because it can focus the light too intensely on certain areas. Id go with the space blankets over tin foil if I were to choose between the two. And so far the lights have been working very well for me. The TopLed 300w reflector was $180 and i think the 135w lighthouse hydro blackstar was $165 or around there I dont remember exactly. And yeah both companies make smaller lights that you can use for just one plant. I wouldn't try to get a really cheap light from some unknown company though. Youll end up with a piece of crap and just end up spending more money in the long run because you had to buy a better one.

Back
Top Bottom