Second Part of xKJTx's Grow!

Jorge in the videos says it depends on strain but 40-50 even 60 is alright. Mine sits around 52% at all times. If you are trying to raise humidity just get a large jug fill it with water and let it evaporate in the area, or wet towels even. Let me know what you think!

SG

See, I was thinking wet towels, but then you have mold that could grow and mist
in the air on your plants and start growing on the soil... Just thinking microscopic! Lmao! But, it is a good idea, at least for a short time...
I was trying for at least 2 days worth, like every watering, I would water the gravel too.? I am just trying to make everything perfect and
I think its a bit dry in there on the leaves... I want my next pictures to shine and with the humidity and the correct level it needs to be,
I think I may have them more then shining!@@
..........................................................<
............................................................v

Oh, GG, I have been following the FFoF schedule, but with a twist.
I have been only mixing the nute in a 1 Once plastic container, but
I think I have been doing good tho, cause they have flourished!!!

I have no problems and been on this for 3 weeks strait! Going on my
4th week with up coming pictures, Monday!!!

Just wait and you will see! I think I am fine now with most of the
measurement. I got the science! My head is about to explode, but
its worth it all in the end! I know more now then I have ever.......

-xkjtx

P.S. One question, is it true that your not suppose to move your
plants that often? I mean, they are a weed and they only try to
grow in one spot there whole lives! I know there is training, but
moving there pot there in to different spots I thought would stress
them out?

So I woke up today at 6am when the lights turn on. I looked at the temps and they were at 68-70. Now this is during the night. Is this fine? I thought it might be a little to cold, but the babies don't seem to mind, cause they are looking so good! You guys are going to love the way I have been treating them. They look just mind blowing, from what they looked like before and after! Man this is fun! I now know how hard it would be for 30 to take care of! It will be hard, but I plan on doing it some day! I want my own green house! Thanks for following my grow!...

-xkjtx

Well, it is Monday!!! I have a pretty big update, because it has been a whole
week of growth! I have to add something before I put the pictures up, my friend
came over and looked at them, he also had not seen them for a week, he went
out of his mind when he saw them in there! He has been through the long run
with me and my little ones. He just couldn't believe they were the same plants!!!

This is the start of the 4th week after re-potting... After the floppy start!!!

This is the grow room and I have left it this way the whole week, but I did have
to raise the lights a bit, cause they are growing like MAD!!!
2010-07-19_13_41_25.jpg

Here they are together!!! Just WOW!!!
2010-07-19_13_43_39.jpg

Kaylie: Just look at the width she has gotten... I don't need to put a dime in
next to them any more!!! I love it!!!
2010-07-19_13_44_09.jpg

This is a side view, and I hope you can understand that there is so many
leaves growing out, I couldn't get them all in the shot!!! Also, I put more dirt
up under where the stem was curving and it helped alot! Just check it!
2010-07-19_13_47_59.jpg

Lately: There is no words to describe the life that this plant has, but it wants
to LIVE!!! Just look at all the stocks on here! I guess I am doing something
right???
2010-07-19_13_44_27.jpg

2010-07-19_13_49_10.jpg

This is the best one. Hold it up next to the other picture just like it and you
will see major difference!...
2010-07-19_13_48_36.jpg

Well, if there is anything anyone wants to say or advice, that would be great!

Thanks for being here for my grow! I will be updating as I go, but from now
on I will only update with pictures every Monday. If there is any problems I
will be sure to update with really good pictures of the problem. I don't see
any, any time soon... I am on a very tight cycle with them and they seem to
LOVE IT!!!

GG, just read my post about my mixing container and its 1 Quart, not once... lol I
was doing something else at the time.. hehe:smokin:

-xkjtx

EDIT: Not for sure what is going on here, but the main thing I did was put a little
soil up against the stem and water with nutes(250ml each plant). The containers were light
and it needed to be done. I have been following everything and it has not changed!
Please look and see... It looks like the leaves are curling and kinda dry! Please help!
2010-07-19_20_24_39.jpg
2010-07-19_20_23_58.jpg

I put the lights back down, cause I think that might be more the problem! Its back to where
it was before... Hope it did the trick. I wont worry for about 3 hours. I will check again...

It's pretty cool how that plant split without being topped. Both plants look mostly quite good.

It looks like Lately might be starting to get a tiny bit of the same leaf trouble that is happening to Kaylie. You either have nute burn or a deficiency, and I'm no good at diagnoses. Have you tried looking it up? There are threads on this sit dedicated to this kind of troubleshooting.

Here's what I can tell you:

NO NUTES until you get it all figured out. If you do have nute burn (and I reiterate, I don't know for sure if you do), it will almost certainly get worse before it gets better. Nute burn requires that the plants be flushed (use PH-adjusted water, 1.5X the volume of the container).

If you have a nutrient deficiency, your PH likely needs to be adjusted so the plants can get whatever they haven't been able to absorb. Have you been testing the PH of the runoff when you feed them?

If I had to guess I'd say that you're going to find they are nute-burned, but even if that's the case and you do a flush, you still need to be monitoring your PH.

Are you giving them full strength veg nutes at every feeding? If so, I'd be willing to bet (not just guess) that they are burned.

Ok, I have checked on them and they are looking better then before. I think I was just paranoid.. They might be a bit over watered because I watered the leaves I think a bit to much. I am going to leave them alone for the night and see what happens. I am not sure about the run off because I have none, but the pH is at 7-7.1 every time I water. I have only watered with nutes on Mondays. I only water about 250mL. thats about 8oz. Is that to much? I have been feeding them this every 2 days or when the pots get dry and light. This morning the pots were very light and dry. They got 100mL each on Saturday after noon around 1pm so I don't think they are over watered. Like I said before, I never get run off cause I have been doing this buy measurements. I am going to just let things happen and take what I get. If I have to flush, I will...

Thanks again for helping...

-xkjtx

Yeah, Kaylie perked back up.. It might have been due to colder water. I barely just mixed it and my room out side my grow room is where I have my water, and its about 74F. I think Kaylie was cold and she just wanted to curl to heat... lmao! I don't know, but she is coming back to normal! I love them so much!

Oh and Lately has no problems! No curling, no drooping, no nute burn(as far as orange leaves)... So I am going to just keep at it and give you an update if there is any more problems. If you don't hear from me then there is no problems and check back on Monday next week for my next big update!!!

My water(from the 5 stage osmosis) is at 6.5 right out of the bottle. My tap water
(When I leave it out for a while) is at 6.8... I read that if you put in a higher pH
your run off should be 6.8-6.5 because 7 is where you want the plants to eat!!!
So I put mine in at 7-7.1 and they seem to grow!! If the pH was down or up to
far, wouldn't my babies tell me something? I just think I over watered the leaves and
thats why they curled! She is back up right and looking as good as the first picture
I posted on Monday! You are the best GG! Thanks for helping me! I just think I was
a bit paranoid about the droopy curling, but everything is fine now(As I can see)...

Oh, and I put both my meters in my soil and waited about ten mins to see what the
pH was at, it said on both, 6.7-8. This is where it stayed. So I think I am alright with
pH. Isn't this the right pH I am suppose to be at with both my water and soil? I am
between about 5,000-6,000 feet high from sea level. I know that has something to do with
it as well. So, please someone let me know if they think I am doing something wrong?
I read this LINK and then read this LINK, but then there is this LINK, so I just went with
my gut! I really hope that I don't have any problems because of this?
So please let me know what I should do or be doing? Thanks!!!

-xkjtx

Well, they are bigger then ever!!! I must be doing something right??? Anyone have any
ideas about my last post and the pH + how high I am from sea level? Doesn't that have
something to do with the process of life in my plants? I want to make sure everything is
prepared before hand with everything... If there is something I should be doing right now
to get me prepared for whats to come, please tell me and I will do it!!! I am very good at
listening to the pros! Thank you 420 and everyone that has helped so far! I think I
am doing good for my first solid time doing this. I had a couple of plants before, but
they never got as big as these ones and its a little scary, cause I don't know whats to
come! lmao... Anyways, talk to you guys later!!!

-xkjtx

Quick update!!! Please help!!! I woke up today and found a bug on one of the
leaves!!! Only one, but it is pretty big... Check the pictures and tell me what
you think? I killed it already as you can see its sticking to duct tape...

2010-07-23_11_37_43.jpg

2010-07-23_11_35_35.jpg

2010-07-23_11_25_21.jpg

I think it came from out side and there is no marks on the leaves where it was.
So I don't think it had a chance to eat them! I looked really close and couldn't
see any other bugs. I think I may have dodged a bullet by killing it...

Should I use some kind of pest remover? I have neem and another organic
pest remover?

Tell me what you think that bug is, cause I can't find it!!! Thanks!!

-xkjtx

I think that excitement is jumping up and biting ya in the but again! :cheesygrinsmiley:

No harm no foul buddy!

Just Scary to see it on the leaf! Do you have any clue what it could have been?

UPDATE: 4th week over, starting 5th week today...

Well, theres not much I can say so I am going to show you my pictures!

Please tell me what you think? Remember these went thru alot at the beginning!

2010-07-26_15_46_26.jpg

2010-07-26_15_46_42.jpg

2010-07-26_15_47_14.jpg

2010-07-26_15_49_59.jpg

2010-07-26_15_49_42.jpg

This is the stem of Kaylie... She is doing much better!!!
2010-07-26_15_52_32.jpg

You have some nice strong looking stems... I like the one with three points.

That bug looks like a moth and thats not really anything to worry about.
I just got done fighting a mite colony now that was a battle.

Keep it green! :peace:

Thanks man!

I did find another couple of different bugs on both of them today. 3 Tiny white long crawly things(Not for sure, but I think it jumped from one leaf to the next before I could crab it!). Not sure what they are, but they were on both my babies. I did find some Organocide ready to use, no mixing. Its from Organic Laboratories, Inc. Its active ingredients By Wt. Sesame Oil 0.10%, Inactive Ingredients Edible Fish Oil 1.84%, Lecithin 0.06% and Water 98.00% = 100.00%. They have taking to it nicely and I have not seen any more movement from any more bugs. I did grab the ones I could see with my fingers and killed them. So we will just take it as it comes...

Thanks to all for reading my journal and taking the time to help me!

420 24/7!!!

-xkjtx

Ok, the bugs are not gone. There are more... Tiny white long crawly things. Not sure what they are, but I will try and find out today. I hope someone can help me get rid of them. I don't want any out of control problems. I think the bugs make little white marks on the leaves. Cause I am seeing more of them each day! If anyone know what they are and what I should do, please help? Thank you!

-xkjtx

EDIT: I found out that these little white long bugs might be thrips! Please let me know what you know about these bugs? I found out on another site, that the best thing for this infestation is, "Spinosad in the form of Monterey Garden Insect Spray or Green Light Spinosad. It's organic and works wonders on killing thrips." from what buzzmobile said on these forums

After I found a link that says solves the problem!!!

Please let me know what you think about those sites and if I should use the SPINOSAD that there talking about? GREENLIGHT is a spray that they said contains the Spinosad and would be the best way to get rid of these pests!

I want to get something done right now, before they get out of control. They are already making my leaves white, and that is the first step of killing them!!! Please help! Thanks!!!

Here they are!!!! I took the best pictures I could, with my cam phone! Hope you can see what I see! The little white long pests!!! Please help!!!

2010-07-28_10_54_18.jpg

I moved the leaf around and another came out from under!!!
2010-07-28_10_55_04.jpg

I have no experience with pests but those do look more like thrips than anything else on this page...scroll way down, the pest info and thrip pics are near the bottom.

Good luck!

Thank you GG. I thought that, because on that page you gave me, the same
picture is in my link I have with the pictures I took. I have just tried to kill most
with my fingers, but I don't even know if I'm getting rid of them... Every day I
see a couple on different leaves. So I think I will try some neem tomorrow. I
don't know what else to do, cause I am out of money and these are all I have.
If there was something else I can do, please let me know? Anyone else have
problems with this?

-xkjtx

Can you get ladybugs at your local garden store? They will eat thrips right up. I swear by the little devils.

Sweet! I will tomorrow!!! I hope they get all of them?... Thanks for the replies!

Will they bother me or my cat if I have lady bugs flying in the room? Like will they
harm me in any way?

-xkjtx

Back
Top Bottom