Second Part of xKJTx's Grow!

LOL no ladybugs dont bother you and your cat may like to paw at them... does your grow set up have a door? otherwise you will have them all over your room. But once they are set on your plant they dont really fly off to far.

Yes, I have a door, but when I close it, the room gets a bit hot. I will be making
a filter and putting AC in that room, but for now I will just get a couple of ladybugs
so that i can see if that will get the job done! Thank you for your help!!! If there
is anything else that you or anyone else can think of, please let me know? :)

Thanks!!!

-xkjtx

You could also use some sticky fly traps ... I dont think you need any sprays at this point

I don't have anything flying around in there, but I will when I get the ladybugs
and I don't want the ladybugs to get caught by the traps... I have been killing
all the white little crawlies with my fingers and I think I am impacting them! I
am seeing the leaves, that were affected by these little pests, become green
again!!! I think that is a good sign? When the white goes away and green comes
back? I would hope that is suppose to happen when the pest are gone? I have
not seen any movement, but they may have gone to the under leaves without
me knowing... Thats why I wanted to spray neem or the other Green House
pesticide. I will get the ladybugs today and then wait a couple of days to see
if that helps. This is my first time, but I want to go the whole way with these
2! Im thinking I will start clowning both here really soon! They are getting big!
Cant wait till Monday to show you what they look like now! This time I had to
put the light up, because Lately is almost touching!!! So crazy that Lately was
the smallest and came out to be the biggest!!! I love how this is a challenge
for me! I will be a pro in no time!

-xkjtx

Just a quick update. I think I killed all of the Thrips. Cause I am not seeing anymore white
spots and the leaves are getting a bit better, that had white on them... I couldn't find any
ladybugs around my town, but I will keep looking. I think it was a combo of me killing the
Thrips and using the Organic Pesticide. I am going to keep on doing what Im doing and if
something gets in my way I will fix it! I have so far and its been nice!...

Quick question...? On Monday, after you see what they look like, would someone tell me
when they would start to clone both of them? I want to try 2 of each! I know they are
getting to that point where I can... I think I may do it in 1-2 weeks after this coming
Monday. So let me know also if you think it might shock them to much and if I should wait?

Thanks!

-xkjtx

Here is the update for the end of the 5th week and start of the 6th!

First I need to say that I had some problems. Bugs and nutes... You will see in the
pictures that I took, what is going on. I think the thrips problem is under control,
but I will keep checking every day and killing any thrips I see... Ok now to the
nute problem. I think I have either a magnesium deficiency or Nitrogen Deficiency?
I went HERE to find that out. I hope I am doing the right thing? If Im not, please
let me know? Thanks!

Now to the pictures!!! They are getting so BIG!!! I hope the problems have not
hurt there growth?

These pictures are after feeding. I fed them 200ml of nute and dolomite lime
mixed water at PH level 6.8-7. I only used a fraction of nutes, because I foliar
fed them with a good spray bottle. These are the nutes I have: Fox Farms
Big Bloom and Grow Big. I also have Alaska Fish Fertilizer, but did not use that
today because it says every 3 weeks apply. I did apply the fish fert 2 weeks ago.
So I have one more week before I can apply again. I hope I am doing
everything right here. I think I am, because they are looking very good and
there still alive!!! hehe:rollit: KEEP IT GREEN!!!

This is the both of them together. Second picture is how high the lights are.
4-5 inches away from the top at all times!

2010-08-02_08_12_02.jpg

2010-08-02_08_24_53.jpg

This is Kaylie! So much going on under those leaves its insane!!! She has had no
problems, except for 2 thrips I found on her, but I think they came from Lately!
I believe I got rid of them, but you never know! Check her out and tell me what
you think?

2010-08-02_08_12_20.jpg

This is Lately. She is having the troubles. I took a couple of pictures for you
to see. Please let me know if you think I am doing what I should?

2010-08-02_08_15_08.jpg

2010-08-02_08_12_57.jpg

Here is her stem! OH BILLY!!! Just look at what she is doing? F'ing CRAZY!!!

2010-08-02_08_16_01.jpg

So please reply and let me know what you think??? :thanks: 420/24/7!!!

-xkjtx

Actually it could potentially be a zinc def. as well. Trouble shooter says you can bury a few galvanized nails in the soil. Another thought anyhow.

Thank you for the fast replies!!!

So you think I should get those nails and put them in the dirt? How far down should they go
and how many nails should I buy? How many should I put in the dirt? Just to be sure...
Also would you cut the leaves that are dieing? Witch ones would you do? I am so scared
now about this! I don't want to hurt them in any way or shock them to bad with cutting!
I just looked and I think I may have some nute burn now from this morning when I watered.
Fuck! I think I messed up! I don't know! I will do anything to help them! They are my babies!!!
2010-08-02_12_36_42.jpg

The gray/white dust on them is the Garden lime. Left over from the water drying up!
2010-08-02_12_36_23.jpg

2010-08-02_12_35_53.jpg

I guess there is not much else I can do, but pray and wait! If there is something
that you can think of that I should be doing at this point, please let me know?

Thanks again!!!

-xkjtx

Ep Salt is really cheap and widely available even at your local supermarket.

SG

So 1 tablespoon for the amount I use? I normally give them about 200ml every time
I water. If I mixed in a 500ml bottle, how much would I need to put in? I hate
math!!! Sorry! Also, should I put those nails in the soil too???

-xkjtx

EDIT: Just looking at them right after I posted this post and thought to my self, even
with the Deficiency(what ever it is) they still look really really good for what they have
been through! Oh and I haven't seen a thrip or any sign of new white spots on either
of them! I think my babies want to live!!! They know I love them! I want the best for them!

They will look alright but they need Mg just like every other nute, it all plays a part in the final product. The amount however I do not know, I think people do a tablespoon per gallon but not sure, or you could always snag some Cal-Mag which saves grows :)

SG

snag some Cal-Mag

AHhhh, that's nice! Cal-Mag Plus (2-0-0)

Cal-Mag Plus

A highly beneficial bio-catalyst for plants. Botanicare® Cal-Mag Plus (2-0-0) is a custom plant supplement designed to correct the inherent problem of calcium, magnesium and iron mineral deficiencies found in most soil fertilizers and some hydroponic nutrient formulas. Now with trace minerals.

Helps Increase:
• Cell division and plant tissue development
• Flower and fruit sets
• Water nutrient and carbon dioxide uptake
• Growth rates and crop maturity

Helps Prevent:
• Blossom end rot in tomatoes and peppers
• Tip burn in lettuce and cabbage
• Dry and withered flower and fruit sets
• Interveinal chlorosis
• Stunted growth rates
• Upward leaf curl

Directions for Use:
Soil: Use 1 teaspoon per gallon of water.
Accelerated Formula: Use 2 teaspoons per gallon of water.

Hydroponics: Use with preferred hydroponic formula. Desired range of nutrients are:
Nitrogen (N) ..... 160-250 ppm
Magnesium (Mg) ..... 45-75 ppm
Calcium (Ca) ..... 160-280 ppm
Iron (Fe) ..... 2-7 ppm

For best results: Use with every watering with standard fertilizer program.

Guaranteed Analysis (2-0-0):
Total Nitrogen (N) ..... 2.0%
1.94% Nitrate Nitrogen (N)
0.06% Water Soluble Nitrogen (N)
Calcium (Ca) ..... 3.2%
Magnesium (Mg) ..... 1.2%
1.2% Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)
Iron (Fe) ..... 0.1%
0.1% Chelated Iron (Fe)

Ingredients: Calcium Nitrate, Magnesium Nitrate, Iron EDTA.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ok I found it online, now I need to find it in store... Will find this
on my own...

-xkjtx

EDIT: I was just looking over the nutes I have and the Fox Farms Grow Big,
Big Bloom and the Fish Fert has alot of the nutes I need for the Deficiency
I have. So I will just light nute during the week if it doesn't improve! But
what about the nails and the salt??? Should I still get that? Thanks!

I believe your plants treat you as good as what you put into them. But that is just me, I just like to have all the nutes so I never have the problem again. Cal-Mag however solves a lot of regular occurring problems :) I just got into KoolBloom myself (Bloom Maximizer or w/e )

SG

I don't know about burying nails in there or anything, I just read it from the zinc def. solutions. I haven't ran across this problem yet. :wood:

Yes that was about 1 TBL. of epsom salt per 1 gallon of water. I don't do measured watering, I just flood them so that I maintain a 30% run out or so.

I would suggest giving them the epsom salt first, unless of course you buy the cal-mag. Just whatever you do, don't go doing a bunch of things to fix it. Do one at a time so you lessen the amount of induced stress. Always remember to fix problem with a cool head and in slight increments. Just some things I learned.

Nice, you guys are the shit! I will just keep trucking and do what is needed! What ever comes in the mix, I will try and fix! Lmao! I rhymed!!

One thing though, would you cut the dieing leaves off? There are a few underneath, but I
don't want to shock it in any way at this time. Just thought it might help, but what do I
know? Right?... hehe

-xkjtx

Those very bottom ones are gone so yeah you can take those off. As a general rule anytime there over say 60% dead, then get rid of them. You can actually promote molds, fungus's and all sorts of things if you don't clean them em every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom