Need help topping 2 Jack Herer and Chemdog

zippercatchesskin

420 Member
Im a new member and i love the amount of info and feedback 420 mag offers. Im used to growing autos until i recently grew photo Gelato cookies from RQS and they were the best bud ive ever grown! So ive got 2 Jack Herer from MSNL and a Chemdawg from 420. CD is 30 days old JH are 39 days old. 3 Gal pots-potting mix,pearlite,worm castings. Using Advanced Nutrients PH perfect trio,cal mag-feed every other water 4ml/l-2 by 4 tent-temps 74-78,RH 60%. They will veg in this tent then ill move to 4 by 4 w/Mars Hydro TSW3000 as soon as the 8 autos in there now are done. The light in thier tent now is mars tsl 2000 for the 3 of them. Ok so both JH are growing up so fast but even in big tent they can only be up to 4 ft tall maby 5ft at tallest how do i keep these low and wide ? Ive topped the top first at 3 wks old then side branches started and ive topped most of them once but now what? do i keep topping as each branch spits or what. The Chemdawg is gonna make it easy for me . Check out the bud sited poppin out all over after i tucked the main leaves under everything, thats all i did, shes only 12" and both JH are 21"but has a thick stalk and is fixin to get tall. Help , anybody can grow but i need to learn how to train them for best end result. I really love to see plants with a nice even canopy. Thanks for lookin and any comments appreciated greatly my friends.
IMG_8420.JPG
IMG_8607.JPG
IMG_8852.JPG
IMG_8860.JPG
IMG_8911.JPG
IMG_8921.JPG
IMG_8927.JPG
IMG_8935.JPG
IMG_8938.JPG
IMG_8940.JPG

Hey Zipper,

Welcome to 420! Nice plants, considering how tall they already are I think I would just go for lst training. I’m adding link from member InTheShed for lst tutorial. But know this first - don’t try to pull the plants down all at once. Bend a little bit today then tie her down and let it rest for a day. Then on your next venture bend her a little bit further and tie it down again. Slow & steady wins this race, also if you snap any limbs then support the branch and / or tape them up. Here’s the link >>> InTheShed LST

my 2 cents more people will jump in later

Hey Zipper,

Welcome to 420! Nice plants, considering how tall they already are I think I would just go for lst training. I’m adding link from member InTheShed for lst tutorial. But know this first - don’t try to pull the plants down all at once. Bend a little bit today then tie her down and let it rest for a day. Then on your next venture bend her a little bit further and tie it down again. Slow & steady wins this race, also if you snap any limbs then support the branch and / or tape them up. Here’s the link >>> InTheShed LST

my 2 cents more people will jump in later
Wow im way to late to have the canopy that i was picturing. These photos grow so fast and stromg, im not used to that. I wish i read InTheShed LST a month ago lol. Actually your suggestion is the only way i could spread the canopys out. I wouldnt have thought of that, thank you and thanks for pointing me to that thread . Ill have to figure out what im gonna do. I was starting a grow journal with this but I think i was moved to a diffrent forum so im not sure if i can keep this journal going.

Agree, the best scenario would have been to start training a week after topping but since your plants are rather tall & robust looking they should respond well to the bondage. At first they act as if pissed off but very quickly will jump in and go with the flow. Spread out the branches to get more air and light to the center plus not having to screw with a scrog net....

Agree, the best scenario would have been to start training a week after topping but since your plants are rather tall & robust looking they should respond well to the bondage. At first they act as if pissed off but very quickly will jump in and go with the flow. Spread out the branches to get more air and light to the center plus not having to screw with a scrog net....
+So do you think i should tie close to top and to pot and pull a little each day till its horizontal or should i really work on that spot with my fingers a lot and bend it in one sitting, like supercropping im reading about InTheShed's other article about that? Im afraid to snap her main branch but i gotta do it to learn.

In the future starting LST between week 2 to 3 will serve you better, no particular need to top, then lay down a SCROG once you get to where they need it which is usually about week 4 to 5.
I assume they aren't staying in 3 gal plastic pots.

Overall they look nice and healthy
Yea one on left is super healthy the other has always been more papery and thinner leaves. Next time i will start at week 2-3. Yep i have 5 gal pots waiting for them. Thank you for replying. Nunyabiz!

So here’s what I did. I tried to supercrop th one on left but the Jack H on right had such a thick stalk and the top already had two mains on top so I just spread everything out and tied down. I had to make two repairs due to bending at the joint instead of branch.

B69D1162-7203-4841-B7CE-5997AD76A0E7.jpeg

2E1C58E4-A697-41DF-BDB5-E14B47A3E82E.jpeg

384C8C55-01B9-4091-B5C1-AB58A153B079.jpeg

B4B5AF5C-628E-4A21-9805-4CC2B43312CF.jpeg

AC4EC326-4B8A-4BC9-AC92-B665FF7178AD.jpeg

D377C014-F3B8-438F-AA7E-B3A6CCBF5D71.jpeg

0FC93CA1-DAD4-43FD-8AE1-D26B86B02612.jpeg

I’m a first time grower and I’m going through the motions of stress training as well. I super-cropped one of my 3 plants and just tied the other 2 down to even their canopy. They were a little bit younger than yours but in a few weeks the cropped plant really took off. Check out my post, I have all my details listed and near the same area in growth as you.

I’m a first time grower and I’m going through the motions of stress training as well. I super-cropped one of my 3 plants and just tied the other 2 down to even their canopy. They were a little bit younger than yours but in a few weeks the cropped plant really took off. Check out my post, I have all my details listed and near the same area in growth as you.
Yea sounds like what ive got going. Id ask you what your growing but ill just check out your post. Tks.

Back
Top Bottom