Need help with first time grow

Smetties

121em3s.jpg

24lo1uo.jpg

2cwod49.jpg

9ao0ma.jpg

dqlnax.jpg

So those are pictures of my two plants.
The first two pics are of one and the other 3 pics are of the other plant.
Both of unknown strain.
I have 4 60 watt daylight CFl on them.
They are about 1.5 -2 months old.
Grown in miracle gro organic supposed to have no ferts or moisture controllers.
This is my first time growing by the way.
The both look like they are starting to get a little clawing.
Also the one was had a yellow streak in it.
I been using general organic biothrive.
Also my ph In my soil is stuck at 7.5-8
I have ph buffering up and down.
Also I always make sure my water and Nute ph
Is at 6.0. But no matter what I can't get my ph down.
If anyone can help me with any of these problems or have any advice
I would appreciate it.

Yes. Dolomite lime is ph7 and will keep your soil stable for quite a long time. There are several versions of 'lime' and it's dolomite you want. Reading up on the lime issue, things get really complicated in a hurry and I'm no expert so can't get too deep into it, but it works for me. I add about a teaspoon per gallon to my peat based potting soil. I like to mix it a couple weeks or more ahead of time, along with whatever other amendments I'm adding ( like beneficial bacteria and fungi in my case) and water it so it's all moist.
I still ph all my water and nutrient mixes to be safe.
To me your plants look very happy and if they were mine I wouldn't worry about the minor clawing. I remember UltraDan had that problem for most of his plant's vegging life. I don't know the reason- I think someone explained it on his journal but I forget- you could ask him.

If I were you I would read Ultradan's journal. Especially somewhere -maybe five or six pages back or more at a wild guess -he had high pH soil problems. And he did a bunch of work to get it down lower and a bunch of research and there was some really interesting and useful information there. Would be well worth it. Or - to save time since you can't PM yet- you could post on his journal to come over and help you- he's very helpful, and on top of these issues more than I am.

Back
Top Bottom