Help first timer

kennykilller

i need help with a few problems i am having. my ph in my soil is around 7 something (i know this isnt good) need a way to lower it and stabilize it. the plant is already in the pot and i really dont wanna transplant again. also new growth is turning yellow (could b the ph?) i test the ph in the water befor i give it to the plants and its reading just at 6.0 and no when i water them the ph only drops for the day:( ill try and post a few pics. any help would b appreciated verry much.............ok how do you post pics? lol

Ideal PH of soil growing medium is PH 6.8

Greater detail can be benifical in the quest of help...

E.G

1. Stage of plant growth, veg or flowering early or late stage ?

2. Nutrients used if any, brand & what type ?

3. Type of growing medium & brand name if possible ?

The yellowing of leafs at a guess with out further information could well be N- nitrogen defeciency as that is a pretty common problem as an educated guess ! and that you are in the veg stage of plant developement. This could be a lack of nutrients aviable for the plant growth creating the problem at hand and needs to fixed pretty soon !

On a side note concerning soil grows PH problems normal occur above PH 7.5 & below Ph 5.8 where lock outs may present a problem for plant vigour/health.

not sure how old i belive just at 2 months and i just put em into flower. soil is not the best...mg organic mixed w perlite. my nutes are gh flora nova and bloom. im trying to get a pic posted so check back if you would and see i got 1 up. ps im using a 400watt hps light.

ssssmmmmoookin_128.JPG
ssssmmmmoookin_126.JPG
ssssmmmmoookin_124.JPG
ssssmmmmoookin_122.JPG

Well the defeciency is still in an early stage of developement which can make diagnosis a bit more tricky intill a few more tell, tale signs appear... keep a close eye on them & get p[ic up when & if a sudden change occusr.

It does not appear to be nitrogen defeciency tho as thats more like pale green to yellowing of leafs.

This is more of a mottled intervanel yellowing, which i may suspect to be one of the other more mobile macro nutrients e.g phosphorus or potassium P/K as its only effecting the older fans leafs at this stage of the problem.

Its quite common for many growers to experience defeciencys in the early stages of flowering, some times this is due to NPK ratio being different from grow to bloom nutrients, hence a nitrogen defeciencys may occur early flowering due to stretch effect on plants over the first few weeks of flowering. Phosphorus is another common defeciency in early to mid stage flowering healthy plants needs a good root system to support the end goal... the creation of big sticky bud.
With potassium defeciency which may occur from mid to late flowering, all of this is quite normal as flowering is a nutrient intensive time for any MJ girlie, what it lacks in nutrients in soil/feeding regime it uses from its own stores e.g the fan leafs first hence the defeciency occurs & the panic stricken grower stress's.

Any way heres a good link to defeciencys - Some plant deficiencies

good looking out:) that link was way helpfull on some other plants. im gunna try and post a good pic of the hole plant so my friends at this sight can get a good look at what is going on and maybe give me some sug on whaqt to do. (kinda broke wright now so any home remedies would help a bunch)

ok not sure how well they will turn out on here but here is a few pics of the whole plant. (im using the bending and topping method) the plant had this prob befor i put it into flower just wasnt as bad. i got it when it was a month old. so here it is
sickley_plant_015.JPG
sickley_plant_014.JPG
sickley_plant_012.JPG
sickley_plant_011.JPG
sickley_plant_008.JPG

sure hope fuzzy duck checks back with me. seems to know a lil bit about what i wanna know a lil bit about lol. any help with home remedies would kick a$$

Have you tested the run off for PH yet ?

Run off is the water which drains from bottom of the pot, this will need to be collected & tested for PH which will give you a rough idea of soil PH.

It could well be a PH problem as you have suggested early in the thread/post as its effecting growing tips as shown in your last pic's of your plant.

Prehaps a good ol fashion flush is in order & often comes highly recommended as first solution to deal with PH/nutrient defeciency problems - apply 3 X amount of water to size of pot. E.g if pot size is 1 gallon apply 3 gallons of water for flushing followed by a mild nutrient solution of 1/4 strength.

This may take a few to several days to notice benifical effects.

Repotting is a an option preferable into a different growing soil as miracle grow is normally frowned upon by most MJ growers on a slight chance your present choice of nutrients may be effecting PH coupled with the miracle grow nutrients present in the soil which has unbalanced it (slim chance tho)

Considor an organic aproach for future grows & let the friendly microbes & bacteria do their thing naturally balancing PH for you :peace:

Oh ya i know all about the soil now after i went and blew all my money on the $hit i have now :) ya my next go at it will b much better. this b my first run at it so i dont wanna spend too much $$ on it just to piss it all away. just learning everything i can now so next time i try ill have a much better idea of what im doing and whats goin on you know:)

i just checked the run off with a fish tank ph tester (runs from 6.0 to 7.6) and it checked out at 7.2

Ya i know mg is not the best but i didnt have the means to get better. so once i seen they had mg organic i figured i would give it a try lol horable idea. ph is all over the place cant give it any nutes cuz they burn and throw everything off so im leaning twards repotting it. idk what im gunna do. might need to think bout this one.

Even with an average soil Ph of 7.2 from run off tests, well its not fatal & a flush well could be in order to help sort the problem out, only time will tell.

If ya girlies have been in the flowering cycle for just a couple of weeks a back up plan is to take some cuttings from the lower branchs which do not show signs of flowering pistils yet ! & have a go at cloning and stick them under a veg light on 18/6 intill rooted in about 10 to 14 days.

Also its very possible to repot in early flowering, i once recieved a plant grown in coco & transplanted to soil asap to suit my own nutrients (organic) which was placed straight into flowering cycle & turned out healthy with a reasonable yield.

Other brands of soil worth a look at are John Innes range of composts from seedling to mature plants & i believe westlands do a simliar range them selves all are aviable in the UK plus biobizz all mix is also worth a mention if hydroponic shop is located near by & stocks it.

I'm not to familar with the american brands but fox farm composts/soils are worth a look at also.

Try to avoid shop own brands tho, they are ok but ya can do better...

Any decent brand of soil/compost should have PH value of growing medium written on the bag it self... peat based compost have mild to acidic Ph value tho e.g like tomato grow bags etcs & should be avoided.

You can also attempt to mix your own super soil but may come at cost due to various different ingredients used but will be ample for a few grows :peace:

its looking pritty bad today. leaves are looking a lil burned between the veins. i work so i wasnt able to flush it wright away. ill give it my best shot today and you said follow it with a light nute feeding? 1/4 strength? here is what its looking like today :( sad sad
fail_011.JPG
fail_010.JPG
fail_018.JPG
fail_017.JPG

Back
Top Bottom