Need help with grow tent

yoeel

hi there

I wish to starting growing in a grow tent but i don't have a lot of money.

Can anyone advise me as to the basic requirements of hydro tent set up and where i can buy it all.

Are there any cheap hydro tent packages i can buy?

i am very new to this any info would be appreciated.

p.s i live in AUS :cheer:

Re: need help with grow tent :D

Your best bet is to buy you a grow tent that fits your space requirements. You can buy a decent tent for less than $200 US. If you want to get into hydro on a budget, I suggest looking at making your own hydro setup. You can do it with parts from your average hardware store. Being a new grower, most people are going to suggest you start off growing in soil because it is easier. Good luck.

hi there thanks for the reply i have already tried growing in outdoor soil but my plants got stolen.
if i were to use soil instead of hydroponics how much of a time difference would it make on the harvest?

thanks

I got mine from Amazon:
51qk6S28_3L_SL1000_.jpg
for less that a $100. is 48"x48"

hey man i ordered a lot of stuff off amazon. apollo makes some afforable but alright stuff. just read a lot of reviews. there are some things you cant skimp on like your lights and fans. These will impact your grow tremendously. The size of your grow space will be a big factor on how much money you will need to start up. I got mine running for under 500$ . i have a 4x4 and can produce about 1lb per 3 months. hope this helps

Happy growing

Use coco/perlite instead of soil... Drain to waste [10% runoff] is the simplest and most forgiving hydro you can do.... More forgiving than any of the other hydro water grows.... All you'll need is a pot to put it in or a hempy, and something to catch the runoff ... First what kind of lighting can you afford... That's what will decide the size you need for your grow.... Check some of the threads in the Coco growing forum...

Use coco/perlite instead of soil... Drain to waste [10% runoff] is the simplest and most forgiving hydro you can do.... More forgiving than any of the other hydro water grows.... All you'll need is a pot to put it in or a hempy, and something to catch the runoff ... First what kind of lighting can you afford... That's what will decide the size you need for your grow.... Check some of the threads in the Coco growing forum...

hey there i have about $150 to spend on lights i was thinking of getting this package from ebay with HPS and MH please tell me what you think.

600W 600 Watt HPS MH Grow Light System SET Premium KIT | eBay

That's 183 AU$... Not a bad price shipped from CA to Au... At least it seems like a good deal to me... You're going to need ventilation.. That 600 will make a lot of heat, and grow a lot of pot... If heat is going to be a problem you can turn it down to 400 watt with much less heat... I think the cool tube is the best option, but you'll need some kind of fan to cool it...

That's 183 AU$... Not a bad price shipped from CA to Au... At least it seems like a good deal to me... You're going to need ventilation.. That 600 will make a lot of heat, and grow a lot of pot... If heat is going to be a problem you can turn it down to 400 watt with much less heat... I think the cool tube is the best option, but you'll need some kind of fan to cool it...

ok awesome thanks i intend on growing 3 white widow plants i think they get to 50-60cm.
and im thinking of putting them in 3 gallon pots. what size tent or box would i need for these?
and how close would i keep them to the plant?

Back
Top Bottom