Choosing a grow tent, advice needed

OceanPro

420 Member
Hi,

I'm a newbie but have already read a lot of info in other threads.
I'm looking for a small tent to grow 2-3 plants.
Grow Kit 2.3'x2.3' from Mars Hydro seems to be pretty nice but I'm not sure the tent can be used to grow even 2 plants.
I've found only one journal thread about so small tent but the author was growing one plant exactly.

Do you think it's possible to grow 2 plants effectively in this tent? Or just one?
I understand there are a lot of factors. Different seeds, different methods, stretching, etc. But I only ask for an approx thoughts.
I really don't want to buy 2x4 tent because of its size but it's not an option to grow only 1 plant. It makes no sense.

Any opinion would be appreciated. Thanks

My 2x4 gorilla tent fits 2 plants perfectly. I’m new but anything smaller and I’m thinking you might only get 1 plant in there.

I've just checked your journal. i can see not so big plants at the photos so why do you keep only 2 in your tent? could you please update the journal with some photos inside it?

Well I think it's better to buy a light for the specific tent that I'm trying to choose according to the amount of plants I'd like to grow :)
You'll always want to grow more...I should have been specific and said get a tent that accommodates the lighting you get, and when it comes to lighting my advice is choose a budget you can afford and spend every penny. Very few people end up growing less and even fewer say "I wish I went with cheaper lighting".
:goodluck:

You'll always want to grow more...I should have been specific and said get a tent that accommodates the lighting you get, and when it comes to lighting my advice is choose a budget you can afford and spend every penny. Very few people end up growing less and even fewer say "I wish I went with cheaper lighting".
:goodluck:
Thanks for the great advise!
After I started this thread I've read a lot of growing journals. Now I will definitely buy a 2x4 tent :)
As for lightning. I'm looking at VIPARSPECTRA because I've found a lot of people using it. Seems to be a good vendor.
For instance TC450 or PAR450 or this one. I've read at this thread that minimum power for LED must be at least 35W per square foot for flowering. Let's assume I have 2x4 tent so 2*4*35W = 280W. At first thought it's enough but if I look at the specification of these LED lamps I see only 2x2' flowering coverage. To be honest I'm very confused now. Do you think 450W will be enough for 2x4? Or I should look at 600W LEDs?

35W is a good target, but anything close is workable. I am not familiar with those lights, but many here are...so maybe they'll comment. I just looked them up and they are approx $150. For that money you could get a nice 315W CMH that would be plenty of light for a 2x4'. I use one in addition to a COB LED. Plus, it is white light versus blurple.

Hey ocean... the reason I only have 2 plants is for 2 reasons. One, the Viparspectra 300 is recommended for 1 plant per light (they say 300w but are truly only drawing 140w). Two... the plants will fill that space no problem when into flowering... 3 would be too crowded and would not get enough light....

Hey ocean... the reason I only have 2 plants is for 2 reasons. One, the Viparspectra 300 is recommended for 1 plant per light (they say 300w but are truly only drawing 140w). Two... the plants will fill that space no problem when into flowering... 3 would be too crowded and would not get enough light....
Hmm...
1. So I should consider actual power usage for choosing a LED, right? Not output.
2. I've looked through specs of Vivaspectre 300W and it's told that this LED is suitable for 2x2 for veg and 1.5x1.5 for flowering. Seems to be ok for 2x2 tent, but do you think it makes sense to buy 450W (200W actual power usage) for so small tent? I mean possibly it could help to get more buds, or more heavy buds, etc. I don't know this 'cause I'm a newbie, please help :)
Thanks

Yes, go with the actual watts used not the number that the companies use to market the lights. I think a 450 Viparspectra or 2 300’s would work for you in that tent. I’m new as well so if anyone else wants to chime in with an opinion that would be great. Good luck on your grow!

Back
Top Bottom