Need help deciding my tent upgrade

mrbubbles87

Well after a successful first harvest with my 2x4 tent I'm now looking to move onto bigger and better things. I do still have to keep a tight budget. Basically I can spend roughly $100 per month on my grow so in order to get my tent it's a 2 month budget lol.

My goal is to setup a 2 month perpetual. I want to use my existing 2x4 as a veg tent using t12's for now. Then I want to move my 600watt hps into the new flower tent.

Mainly I have two options I'm considering for my new flower tent. I'm either thinking of getting a 4x4 tent or a 4x8 tent. I'm finding them very closely priced.

I technically only need a 4x4. I only have enough lighting for 4x4 and I still only have 1 440cfm inline fan and one carbon filter for both tents. My plan is to either connect the tents together and run then both on the same fan/filter or not filter the veg tent seems how odor may not be an issue during veg.

If I purchase the 4x8, for the first 2 months ill only be using a 4x4 section. Then once I can afford a second 600 watt hps I'd begin using the second 4x4 section.

I realize I could purchase a 4x4 now and then an additional 4x4 down the road. That will cost me roughly $100 extra for the 2 tents vs 1 big tent. My main concern with this is I would probably have to buy an additional fan/filter for try second 4x4 tent. The pros to this would be 2 isolated flowering areas to run experiments, breed, etc.

Obviously ultimately this decision will come down to personal preference but I was curious what everyone's opinions would be.

I came up with an idea today. I'm thinking ill get a 4x8 tent and put my 2x4 tent inside of it. Then I can use the same carbon filter/fan for both tents. Once I can afford buying a second light, fan and filter than I can move the 2x4 ten outside of the 4x8 and use both sides of it.

It seems like a good idea in my head but I can't find anyone online who's tried a tent inside a tent lol. Any opinions?

Back
Top Bottom