Advice on tent setup

jueyman

After thinking in buying a pre-built stealth cabinet I decided to go with a tent. I will buy the 2' 3''x 2' 3''x 5' 3''Grow Tent of mars. I'm a beginner and I only want to start with 1 plant or maybe 2. I will also buy the leds from them and was thinking in the Mars II Series 400W or Mars Reflector Series 48 . I can't decide so any advice on lights would be appreciated.

Also I want to make the tent the stealthiest possible. Right now I'm living in a rented house but in a few weeks I will be moving to my own house. And I will be putting the tent in a small room in the backyard. Please any recommendations in order to make this tent very stealth.. money is not a problem just want to buy good stuff or built them if is necessary.

Sorry for making another thread like this. I have spent so much time reading at the forum that now I'm overwhelm.

ok I did more research. And so far I come with this setup:

2' 3''x 2' 3''x 5' 3''Grow Tent from mars, although I'm tempted for a bigger one.
Light, deciding between Mars II Series 400W or Mars Reflector Series 48 or maybe the Reflector 96 if is not an overkill.
VenTech IF4 4" Inline Duct Fan 190 CFM
Phresh 701003 Carbon Air Filter, 4 by 12-Inch, 200 CFM

Any advice it will be very appreciated.

For that tent I would want 250 draw watts, so I would be looking at 600 watts of Mars Hydro lights. I know their old style lights are available on the big auction site for $63 shipped for a 300 watt unit. I would get two of those for that tent.

That vent fan is sufficient, as is your carbon filter. You will need other small items, but the big items are there. That's what I would do.

I will comment on the tent. For two plants I don't believe it is optimal. Possibly look at the Apollo 36"x20" tent that gives you the same square footage but would support two plants better in my opinion.

For that tent I would want 250 draw watts, so I would be looking at 600 watts of Mars Hydro lights. I know their old style lights are available on the big auction site for $63 shipped for a 300 watt unit. I would get two of those for that tent.

That vent fan is sufficient, as is your carbon filter. You will need other small items, but the big items are there. That's what I would do.

I will comment on the tent. For two plants I don't believe it is optimal. Possibly look at the Apollo 36"x20" tent that gives you the same square footage but would support two plants better in my opinion.

Thanks for replying. Regarding lights, I'm kind confuse about the watts. What you would recommend from the Mars lights then REFLECTOR 144 or MARS II 700 or any other model. The other tent I was considering was 3' 3''X 3' 3''X 5' 11''GROW TENT but I will consider your suggestions. Thanks a lot for replying.

Either of those lights would be plenty for the small tent. The problem with both of those tents is that they are square which does not lend well to two plants, a rectangle is better for two plants in my opinion, square tents are better for 1, 4, 9, 16, etc plants.

Either of those lights would be plenty for the small tent. The problem with both of those tents is that they are square which does not lend well to two plants, a rectangle is better for two plants in my opinion, square tents are better for 1, 4, 9, 16, etc plants.

Thanks man for the advice. I will take in consideration the tent. When I first tough of the idea of growing cana, I was thinking in starting with 1 plant but decided to go with 2 . More than that I think it would difficult to deal with the odor. This will be only for personal use so doing more than 2 plants I think will be too much. Thanks again for the advice. I'm starting to get a better idea of what I want and what I need.

I encourage you to do two. The odor is probably going to be less than you think. Two plants only take an incremental amount of time more than one plant would take.

So I end buying the DarkRoom 2.5, DR90, 36" x 36" x 72" and a mars 900 light. Now I need to buy the fan and the carbon. I wonder if anyone can recommend a good intake fan that is quiet enough to be stealth.

I often got confuse by the types of fan, I tough that what I needed was a intake one but thanks for clarify that for me. Do you mean I need an exhaust and a passive one or just one of them. Also any advice in one in specific. Sorry for so many questions.

you will only need an exhaust fan;

your tent is 3x3x6, so 54 cubic feet in air volume; you will want a fan around 80-100CFM (cubic feet per minute) to clear your tent about twice a minute

most hardware stores and some grow shops sell "inline duct fans" in 4, 5, and 6 inches from 80-200+CFM so you have some options, i'd suggest checking out what you can get locally, and waiting till you have your tent and light set up so see how hot it is, then buy an appropriate fan. If its quite hot (~90-100F) maybe get a higher CFM fan, like 150.

you will only need an exhaust fan;

your tent is 3x3x6, so 54 cubic feet in air volume; you will want a fan around 80-100CFM (cubic feet per minute) to clear your tent about twice a minute

most hardware stores and some grow shops sell "inline duct fans" in 4, 5, and 6 inches from 80-200+CFM so you have some options, i'd suggest checking out what you can get locally, and waiting till you have your tent and light set up so see how hot it is, then buy an appropriate fan. If its quite hot (~90-100F) maybe get a higher CFM fan, like 150.

I live in the Caribbean so temps are always high. But yes is a good idea to first wait for the tent and the light. I was checking in Amazon but there were so any with good reviews and I got confused.

yeah, there are a lot of choices online.

you could also do a search for people who use a similar tent and check their journals out, or see how other people in warm climates deal with it as well!

you very well may want to get a larger fan (~250CFM) and buy a speed controller for it so you can adjust your airflow more easily.

I live in a colder climate, so, unfortunately, i can't say much else in that department.

yeah, there are a lot of choices online.

you could also do a search for people who use a similar tent and check their journals out, or see how other people in warm climates deal with it as well!

you very well may want to get a larger fan (~250CFM) and buy a speed controller for it so you can adjust your airflow more easily.

I live in a colder climate, so, unfortunately, i can't say much else in that department.

Thanks it was a good advice. I just got a message that in order to ship the tent to me I would have to spend $80 more so probably will look for a different tent. Maybe the apollo one that JuanCarlos mentioned or a bigger one.

yeah apollo is a good brand as well from what i have seen, and agromax. there are likewise many choices of tents out there, haha, and until its in your hands, you never quite know what you're looking at.

I picked a tent i could get shipped within my country for 200 and that turned out to be a Mars 3'11x3'11; I know you mentioned mars tents already, so that might be a good place to start if you're getting a light there!

if you want to grow 2 plants, i agree with JuanCarlos, a rectangular tent would be a better use of space and probably require less power to light up.

For two plants a 48" x 24" would be great. A 36"x20" can be kind of tight once you drop your fan and humidifier in. If you have the space, always best to go bigger within reason.

Thanks Kingsnake and JuanCarlos, I will do a lot more research about the tents. I don't think I will need a humidifier since I humidity is high where I live, my biggest problem is always shipping. I always check on Amazon because with Prime I can get things shipped without having to spend 80-100 like I was told for the secret jardin one. I found on Amazon that they have the gorilla ones and the apollo. Since the gorilla seems to cost like 3 times the apollo and from what I read the difference in quality isn't big, I decided for the apollo one. I will consider the 48" x 24" one.

I have seen the Apollo in person and for the price I have to admit that I was impressed. I could not see spending the extra for the Gorilla. It supposedly supports a lot of weight but the Apollo is a metal frame and does a good job supporting a Blockbuster hood, CanFan, and carbon filter.

Thanks for the tip. My concern has always been regarding light escaping but from what I read every tent will have same the problem. Although I have never own a tent so my experience with them are 0. But this thread have helped me to clarify some doubts and I hope other members can benefit from it.

Back
Top Bottom