Help building first grow tent - 4 plants

fujiyama

High everyone,

I've never grown before so I'm taking the next few months to build the perfect tent for four plants.

Here's what I'm considering as starters:

Qt. 1 - 4'7" x 4'7" (x 6'6") Mars Tent
Qt. 4 - 400W Mars II

Total cost - $900 USD ($1150 CAD)

I understand each light will provide 200w and cover about 2.5 x 2.5 square feet. I think this will outperform a single 1600W Mars II (800w) due to the distributed coverage plus the overlap of light. Am I wrong here? The Mars II 1600W would cost $180 USD less, but I believe each plant would receive less light (and inadequately).

There's tons of options for tents and lighting now and I really don't know which way to go. This plan just appears simplest for me. What do you guys think?

Disclaimer - I'm not ready to build a lighting system for this grow. Although I'm open to all suggestions on tents & lights with their respective prices. Please keep in mind I'm Canadian and this can affect cost. I'm also open to other size tents; I've also considered 5'x5' & 4'x4'.

Ultimately, I want the best grow tent & light for the money that can house four plants comfortably.

:420:

I run 2x315w CMH in my 5x5. I like it a lot. Run the ballasts outside the tent remotely to cut down on heat. Can get about 6oz per plant (4 plants). Pretty happy.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom