Need Help Wth Flowering And Light Schedule

alanraptrap46

Im a beginner and a first time grower. I have done tons of research and I have some insight on the steps of growing. I germinated 3 unknown seeds from some weed I got. They are growing successfully and the first pair of serrated leaves are starting to show. The issue is that im growing them outdoors in the woods. I live in oklahoma so the humidity and temperatures are just right. The amount of daylight here is higher than night time. Will my plants ever flower with this kind of light schedule? I heard something about the summer solstice and the days getting shorter but will my plants be ready for harvest before winter hits if I just let them naturally grow? If not, how do I manipulate the light to have a 12/12 schedule?

Also will a plant flower if there is more light but it detects a change of nightime getting longer. Because there are only 2 days in a year that is 12/12

I though about covering it when the time comes to compensate for the extra time but I dont want to suffocate it or forget about it. Im not in any hurry im just wondering if it will ever flower naturally and be ready for harvest before winter kills it.I cannot bring my plant indoors so that not an options. Light manipulation could be hard if im not home for an extended period of time and that would send it straight back to vegitation stage.

Thank you, hopefully I have a good strain that doesnt need much darkness for flowering. I will keep this thread updated though.

I do not grow outdoors, but when you are around 12/12 they will flower. Worst case you might be harvesting mid to late Oct. Hopefully someone with outdoor experience will chime in. :peace:
Thank you, hopefully I have a good strain that doesnt need much darkness for flowering. I will keep this thread updated though.

Hey, covering up the plant is a great idea if your days dont get short hours soon just keep in mind not to damage the plant and make sure it is well ventilated

As long as your getting in the 12 hours of dark (or close to it) or more , the plant will start to flower. If you need to induce it earlier, try putting a box or something over it. unless its in a pot, then take it to a dark room.
I though about covering it when the time comes to compensate for the extra time but I dont want to suffocate it or forget about it. Im not in any hurry im just wondering if it will ever flower naturally and be ready for harvest before winter kills it.I cannot bring my plant indoors so that not an options. Light manipulation could be hard if im not home for an extended period of time and that would send it straight back to vegitation stage.

Hey, covering up the plant is a great idea if your days dont get short hours soon just keep in mind not to damage the plant and make sure it is well ventilated
one of the plants died and I think it was all the direct sunlight and heat but the others are fine I have been bringing them inside for a while so they dont get to hot, yesterday the temperature was around 80F but Im miving them to shade, I might not cover them becausr some days I might not be home and that would mess up thier schedule. Im worried about one of the other plants because only one serrated leaf is growing out of the first seed leaves and I dont think thats normal. They are both growing though and seem healthy!

Back
Top Bottom