Need input ASAP on 4×4 tent grow!

Imsy

So im well into veg stage, (1 1/2 months to be accurate. I had issues with seedlings that defenitely set back growth by almost 3 weeks) with 2 babies that have been kept in a 30"×34"×30'(h) homemade slapped together wood enclosure, running 8 Philips 26W bright white CFL (mini twister)

They were QUICKLY getting to fill this confined space, and i knew i needed to build bigger, or splurge on a 3×2 or smaller tent for over $150.

After 5 weeks of looking for a cheap used tent, with absolutely NONE, not ONE for sale on kijiji within 100km of my city, i bought wood and started a 3×3.
Not even 3 days later i searched kne last time and BAM...."Grow tent for sale, brand new never opened 4×4×6.5 asking $80"
So i jumped on it and brought it home! Awesome tent, worth ALOT more than $80, and i was VERY excited to move my cramped, angry squished in too small of a box, babies in!

So i set up the tent, and i know what 4×4×6.5 looks like due to me being a Carpenter by trade, but I set it up and when it was all finished I stepped back and looked inside and almost shat my pants booking at the final results. It's F'ing HUGE. And i only have 2, (20" AND 15") Plants to occupy the MaSSIVE space, let alone only 8 CFL to provide means of food for them.

So long story short, what am I talking about, this is a long story already........

Im wondering a few things that ive read alot of oppinions about, probably too many oppinions hence why i would like some real time feedback on my EXACT issues with my setup.

-What are YOUR thoughts about 2 plants occupying
a 4'x4'×6.5' mylar lined tent with only 8 26W CFL
(4 per plant)?
-Can i add 1 or 2 T5 4' single tube lights to my current 8 CFL?
-Would 4' Full Spectrum T5 LED tubes be compatible to use with an existing CFL setup?
-Should i build a wall to split my tent in half and use only 1 half for my current 2 plant 8 CFL setup?

ANY, and i really mean ANY help/suggestions, or oppinions, critisism (the constructive type) that ALL you friendly @$$, fellow growers, big or small, could offer would be a BLESSING to me right now, that i WILL read and learn from, and that i will without a doubt "PAY IT FORWARD", would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Sorry for such a long boring story behind the questions.
Im definetely a NOOB to this great site,
And also a NOOB to indoor Cultivation!

CHEERS!

HI and first of all :welcome: to the best place on Earth :420:

No need to be sorry there are so many here ready to help. So lets start..

1. Take a deep breath.. relaaaaaaax...
2. Big tent= good
3. You are better off dividing the tent if only used for 2 plants, Don't make a permanent divider, since you might want to do more plants in the future.
CFL can be put close to plants, so either make a set up to be able to move lights up and down or a table ( for example ) to raise plants towards light.

Light is good for start, later on you should look into more lights for flowering.
:Namaste:

I'm assuming Yer' on a budget?...if so, then partitioning the tent makes sense...if you can get a couple of 4' T5's(54Watt HO) add them for sure...your current lights might give you some results...but nowhere near potential...get all the CFL's you can in there if thats the road you're on this trip...when you flip...would be better to swap out CFL's for a "warmer"color...start saving for some LEDs or HPS lights to fully maximize your tent in the future...cheerz...h00k...

2 Plants in a 4x4 tent can produce 8oz upwards to 24+ depending on medium, lighting and genetics

Investing in a 600W HPS would you mean you have no real problems whereas 8 CFL lights aren't going to produce more than a few gms of very poor weed and the effort is going to be greater with the CFLs

A 250W would pay you back first crop, but for the extra a 600 would set you up for several years

I'm currently renting. All inclusive, so my landlord sees the hydro bill every 2 months.

Would the bulbs honestly make a person wonder why their bill is "much more"?
Is it REALLY noticeable enough to have someone inquire as to why the bill is $$$$ more than usual?

I'm on Amazon.ca everyday for sometimes hours, looking for a suitable LED Full Spectrum setup.
Any $150- $250 price range/budget high efficiency LED that you may suggest?

Or ANY suggestions regarding a 4×4 that you may know works well for a medium low budget as I unfortunately have?

I'd love to hear everyone's different setups that ended up yielding a great personal crop type deal.....hints,tips, and tricks

Well if that's the case and you need to keep the bill down a 250 W can do a great job, you'll need to get as wide a spread of canopy but that's not difficult, if you have a 6" fan to one side of the lamp blowing on it you'll be surprised at how close you can put the light

If you run the set up at night then it's just a heating system you have going whilst you're home, this time of year is perfect for introducing an increase in power usage

250W X 12hrs = 3kw or an electric fire one 1 bar for 3 hrs

there are a number of well priced lights on the jungle site.ca...some offered as Prime...I would choose something in the 450 watt range(actual draw 200watts +/-) as long as it gave 2.5X2.5 coverage during bloom...that would get you through these first two plants for a decent cost and minimum heat and power issues...the one I would choose has daisy chain connection for easy expansion and comes in at 219.00 plus tax...using your existing CFLS as supplemental fringe lighting could produce respectable results...IMHO opinion it would be easier than going the HPS route...but...that's just me...cheerz...h00k

I have a 400 watt HPS/MH light here that was sooooo hot in a 32x32x63 tent that it caused me a lot of problems trying to manage temperature and humidity - especially during the heat of summer. Money flying out the window thru my AC unit.

Switched to a pair of mars hydro 600w (270w each actual draw) LED lights.

Together, I believe they are equivalent to a 1000w HID light but with far less heat.

They cost about $150 each.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have a 400 watt HPS/MH light here that was sooooo hot in a 32x32x63 tent that it caused me a lot of problems trying to manage temperature and humidity - especially during the heat of summer. Money flying out the window thru my AC unit.

Switched to a pair of mars hydro 600w (270w each actual draw) LED lights.

Together, I believe they are equivalent to a 1000w HID light but with far less heat.

They cost about $150 each.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

...not in Kanada...h00k...

So many offers in LED lighting....if I lived 2 hours south of my city in the U.S of A.

Why can't us Canadians have the options of cheaper LED that 'Y'all American Folk dun do'

Maybe TRUMP will give us Canadians access to cheaper LED Grow lights?

Back
Top Bottom