Need Malawi Gold grow input

Chungo

Considering growing Malawi Gold and need some advise for growing them indoors. When did you put them into 18/6 lighting, how long left in flower, how tall did she grow?...thanks....

Who's Malawi Gold? Mine was from World of Seeds. Flower time was way off with mine. It was one of the taller plants in the grow I had but was not taller than other sativa's grown with it. A lot matters how tall you can grow them.

More because of flower time than stretch. This might be a good candidate for growing on 12/12 from seed.

I've done Malawi crosses

Very stretchy sativa indeed... At least 18"+ in flower, closer to 24"

So be careful when u plan yer flip

A bit lighter nutes as well

I've done Malawi crosses

Very stretchy sativa indeed... At least 18"+ in flower, closer to 24"

So be careful when u plan yer flip

A bit lighter nutes as well
So how long do you leave them in the Veg stage as I have a max of 5 ft to play with?.....Thanks

So how long do you leave them in the Veg stage as I have a max of 5 ft to play with?.....Thanks

Don't remember, but time isn't the issue, height is

If u lst you can veg em longer, if u don't then height is an issue

Gunna be tuff in a 5' tent

Maybe seedling to 12/12, as mentioned, is yer best bet

Who's Malawi Gold? Mine was from World of Seeds. Flower time was way off with mine. It was one of the taller plants in the grow I had but was not taller than other sativa's grown with it. A lot matters how tall you can grow them.

More because of flower time than stretch. This might be a good candidate for growing on 12/12 from seed.
I have about 5 feet of plant growth to play with in my light box?
Don't remember, but time isn't the issue, height is

If u lst you can veg em longer, if u don't then height is an issue

Gunna be tuff in a 5' tent

Maybe seedling to 12/12, as mentioned, is yer best bet
I have available 5 feet of growth and that is 24 in. from lights so plants would be able to get to be 5 feet tall. My last grow did not get bigger than 4 feet with manafolding them. So I can accomodate plants of 5 feet after pruning to maturity. My other interest is the Veg length of time as if I start them in the bloom cycle sooner I am assuming their height will be restricted some what? Combined with pruning I have assumed I can restrict their growth? Also the bloom cycle is advertised as 11-14 weeks.......thanks My last grow of Green Gelato is here some where under grow juarnal ...thanks for the input

I would get them in there final pot ."so you won't have to re-pot during flower". Give them a week to spread their roots and switch to 12/12. As Chris mentioned this would be a good candidate for 12/12 from seed. To do this they need to be in a big pot to start with. If they are already in the pots you plan to flower in I would drop the lights back now. 5 foot can disappear fast with a sativa.

Thanks everyone for your input and help on this grow. I am not as worried now about there potential grow hieght. .........

for sativa's like that consider only 3 week in veg and use either 18/6 or 12/12 than switch to 11/13 for rest of grow (if use 18/6 then 12/12 to finish

Learn how to LST and SuperCrop.

With landrace Sativa I usually super crop when the plants about 10-15" from the lamps.

Tie the bent back branch to itself with a wire.

You will end up with something like this at the trim table:

Back
Top Bottom