Need some help

drpuff

Okay so I have a question. I have a grow tent 2x2.5x5. I have two 125 watt cfls one higher kelvin one lower. With 3 females in the tent. How far should the light be from my babies?

Hello, and welcome to :420:

First off, I'm guessing those measurements are in feet? you need to be clear on that.

Second, CFLs are only good for growth but not for flower, you haven't made that clear. And if you are still at the growth stage you still need a bit more light than that. Just keep an eye on the temperature inside the tent.

As for the kelvin, you need to use the ones on the higher scale, I think they are about 5700K but I can't remember at this time.

And the distance, 2-3 inches is fine, you just need to be careful not to burn them.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck and Happy Growing!! :Namaste;

While Rodrigo is certainly right in the sense that MOST growers don't flower with CFL's it is certainly possible and has been done with good success. So don't let that deter you. You can read a lot about CFL lighting here - What are Compact Fluorescents and How Can I use them for Growing? as well as checking out some grow journals and seeing other CFL setups. :Namaste:

Sorry guys I'm using a phone to type. Yes those measurements are in feet. And yes I'm still in veg stage. Thank you everyone for the information. I'm still waiting on some items for the tent, but after all said and done it should be wonderful. Again thank you so much for the help. I'll repost with updates.

While Rodrigo is certainly right in the sense that MOST growers don't flower with CFL's it is certainly possible and has been done with good success. So don't let that deter you. You can read a lot about CFL lighting here - What are Compact Fluorescents and How Can I use them for Growing? as well as checking out some grow journals and seeing other CFL setups. :Namaste:

I actually use them as support lights. I have a 400W HPS on top and I hang about 10 CFLs so the bottom branches get light as well. This has increased yield in maybe 20% but I couldn't be sure about the %. And very few popcorn buds.

The do work, but it's better to have a good HPS as primary.

Back
Top Bottom