Need to change to 5 gallon pot?

THC Onlyfans

Plant #1 CBD
Plant #2 OGkush

Both are in cuttently in 3 gallon pots.
Cbd is 25" from the top of the soil
Ogk is 18" from the top

I would like to flower them, my question is will my pot size be too small for flowering? Should I move up to 5 gallons on either of them?

Attachments

• 20190516_220140.jpg
    20190516_220140.jpg
    605.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 20190516_220124.jpg
    20190516_220124.jpg
    766.9 KB · Views: 127
I got them from a friend...probably back in December...they were stunted when I got them and. This is day 16 I've had them now and slowly reviving them. I did a defoliation last week because alot of the leaves has thrips marks. I dont think thrips got transferred to my tent but damaged was done since putting fly trap and thrips spray. They are recovering well.

So normally if a plant has been in veg from December to now I'd say its a good idea to uppot to 5gal but as u said they were stunted and they don't look all that big I wouldn't say u have to uppot but its always safer to let them have more room to grow there roots

An option would be to sit the 3 gal cloth pot inside a bigger cloth pot and fill it with your grow medium. The roots will grow right through the inside pot, doing no damage to what you have.

How would this work exactly since the roots don't penetrate the current cloth pot? how will it grow through it if I put in 5 gallon?

How would this work exactly since the roots don't penetrate the current cloth pot? how will it grow through it if I put in 5 gallon?
It will grow right through if there is more than air on the other side.
The roots stop at the air and self prune.
With soil on the other side it grows right through.

Problem is IMO that you have very stunted plants that are over 4 months old and still quite small.
So unless you really milk these for all their worth, plant these pots into what would need to be at least 15 gallon pots to give enough soil for some root growth and it would probably take a good month to get roots to really penetrate the old pot into fresh soil and then another month to "hopefully" get some new growth going.
I am just not sure it would really be worth your time to try to milk a wee bit extra, considering if you were to plant two seedlings in those same 15 gallon pots, in two months time they would be ready to flip to flower and if grown properly will be two to three times the size of these.

Usually a stunted plant pretty much stays stunted it seems to me.

It will grow right through if there is more than air on the other side.
The roots stop at the air and self prune.
With soil on the other side it grows right through.

Problem is IMO that you have very stunted plants that are over 4 months old and still quite small.
So unless you really milk these for all their worth, plant these pots into what would need to be at least 15 gallon pots to give enough soil for some root growth and it would probably take a good month to get roots to really penetrate the old pot into fresh soil and then another month to "hopefully" get some new growth going.
I am just not sure it would really be worth your time to try to milk a wee bit extra, considering if you were to plant two seedlings in those same 15 gallon pots, in two months time they would be ready to flip to flower and if grown properly will be two to three times the size of these.

Usually a stunted plant pretty much stays stunted it seems to me.

Thanks for the info. I don't think a 15 gallon would work for my tent/setup. I may just switch to flower now, cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Thanks for everyone's help on this!

my tent is 48"x48"x78".....if i go 5 gallon Im afraid it's going to grow too tall.....Is it too late to do LST at this point? grower I got plants from did not perform this early during veg

I water every 5-7 days....Im assuming because of this amount my plant is probably not root bound. Just want to make sure there's enough room to flower.

Are my plants too small to flower you guys think?

Ya I mean we have no idea exactly what the root structure of the plants actually are cuz they were stunted normal the roots are about the same diameter of the plants but it could very well be different in this case the fact that it takes 5-7 days to drink all its water is funny because it could be the roots have a hard time taking in the water cuz of how tight it is in the soil or they could just very well be small and they can only drink so much a day personally I'm leaning to they just aren't that big and drink slowly still .over all flipping them rn is not gonna be to bad but ya ur next grow u will no better then ur friend haha

Ya I mean we have no idea exactly what the root structure of the plants actually are cuz they were stunted normal the roots are about the same diameter of the plants but it could very well be different in this case the fact that it takes 5-7 days to drink all its water is funny because it could be the roots have a hard time taking in the water cuz of how tight it is in the soil or they could just very well be small and they can only drink so much a day personally I'm leaning to they just aren't that big and drink slowly still .over all flipping them rn is not gonna be to bad but ya ur next grow u will no better then ur friend haha

lol yes true fact...my first grow was autoflower white widow and it turned out okay, only got about 2 oz but nice buds.

My friend went crazy without much knowledge and did 38 plants between 2 tents (4x4 and 5x5 tent).....so plant was neglected big time. he's down to about 20 now as he has wasted off the rest.

Based on the growth of the plants I would say it makes sense they are rootbound because they are still quite small. I would say if anything the roots have bottomed out but the sides still have lots of room for growth. With that said, if there's alot of room on the sides for root growth for flower it should be fine?

Also thinking about SCROG method, is this too late and also my main cola seems to be the tallest, will it still work?

Back
Top Bottom