Need urgent help with seedlings!

Leonwak

Hello everybody, i am new to this forum this is my first post, i am having trouble with my seedlings, the are over 2 weeks old and the leaves are burning, they germinated inside in a sunny window, and progressively put outside in full sun, the growing mediun is peat, could it be light burning or maybe nutrient burning? should i maybe flush everytime i water? the pots have proper draining but i have been watering just enough to barely let a bit of water drain so i suspect it could be too much of a rich medium? i could also put a translusent plastic cover to block some UV rays maybe? please help me, here are some pictures for reference.

Attachments

• 1589301684421..jpg
    1589301684421..jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 1589301716387..jpg
    1589301716387..jpg
    648.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 1589301739192..jpg
    1589301739192..jpg
    872.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 1589301763581..jpg
    1589301763581..jpg
    1 MB · Views: 82
no
Looks like yer drowning them

Are u feeding them now? If do with what and how much

Water/nute pH is??
not feeding them anything, just plain water until barely runoff, medium is only peat, they are outdoors so the mediun basically drys in abt 24 hours, should i give much less water? only a bit around the roots? my fear is maybe the medium drys so much i might loose them

straight peat, i was told it would be a good idea, i give plain water everyday coz they are outdoors on my roof and they get plenty sunlight, my fear is maybe if i dont give enough water the medium might dry completly and loose the babies. should i he giving much less water?
Just strait peat or is there something in there to buffer the pH?

As Bob said, chances are you are drowning them. At this age, do NOT water to run off, in pots that size, after planting, you should not be watering them at all for 2 weeks or longr
they are outdoor, my fear is if i let the medium completly dry the might die, the other day i had 2 of the droopy and after giving water they came back up, so it is most likely overwatr? i thought maybe nute burn since they barely have a bit runoff when i water even though the pots have good drainage. i thought maybe cos i didnt let runoff much the medium has too much nutes, but makes sense that thet might he overwatered,

They may appear dry on top but are likely still quite wet lower down in the pot and with only peat, you could be starving the roots of much needed oxygen. This is why most growers will mix their peat with perlite.

thanks a million, i will be trying giving much less water around the stem for some time to see how they progress, i had put a plastic cover to reduce sunlight intesity, should i remove maybe?

Ok how old are they? clean peat moss is not great for growing it needs something in it at to buffer of the pH because peat moss goes acidic pretty fast. Good to have perlite for drainage. Also peat moss has 0 nutrients.
how can i save them at this stage? this is my first grow i have no experience, could i use some organic feed with the water for now? they 2 weeks old

sh
One more thing I might add they really don't look too good if they do come through this and get healthier then you would want to transplant them into a proper medium straight peat moss not good.
should i transplant right away? would that be a good idea given their actual size?

Back
Top Bottom