Need urgent help with seedlings!

The only reason I never suggested doing it right away is it might be a little bit of shock for them and not being very strong might not take it well. That's a call you will have to make yourself.
i think i will try giving some food and less water for a week or so and the

The only reason I never suggested doing it right away is it might be a little bit of shock for them and not being very strong might not take it well. That's a call you will have to make yourself.
hey bro, sorry to bother you but you seem to know what u r talking about and u were of great help yesterday, i am planning on germinating more seeds just in case the others dont make it through, i was wondering if i could put the germinated seeds directly in some organic potting soil, i suppose it is already rich in organic nutes, if so, are the clay pellets any good to mix with it for aeration purposes? should i mix some peat with it or just the potting soil is good? please any advice is greatly appreciated. i live in venezuela so i cant just go to the store and find all those fancy stuff u guys have over there LOL

Hi no bother glad to help if I can. I was going ask if you had more seeds to start that's what I would do. How do you usually start your seeds? You want a starter or seedling soil if you are going to grow soil. You would not need to feed them for the first two or three weeks it would be enough food in the starter soil. Now the route I would go and I believe you said you already had promix is after the seeds are germinated I would put them into promix HP they probably good for a week or two before they will need feeding. Watch the cotyledon Leafs for discoloration that would tell you that they need food. So you need a plan how your going to germinate the seeds what type of medium you're going to use. What nutrients are going to use and having them on hand so they're ready when you need them. The nice thing about pro mix and mega crop is the pH is very forgiving. With a soil grow you're going to need to stay on top of your pH level little more which means you will need a pH pen or metre of some sort also ph up and PH down to adjust the pH.
Hope this helps feel free to ask questions.

i put the seeds in water for abt 24 hours then i put them in the peat and they germinated great, i ran into trouble after a couple of weeks when i put them outdoors and ran into trouble when i gabe them too much water. i plan on germinating the same way and then transplant them into organic potting mix. i have some clay pellets i could use in the mix, i was wondering if i should use them with the peat or is it not neccessary? i built a little greenhouse on the roof to help protect against the elements since the weather here is unforgiving, it might rain without warning and it can be very sunny without warning.

Ok your germanation technique it should work fine. you can use a organic potting mix to up pot to. Best to use a seedling starter mix to gut into after the 24 hr soak. Also with the seedling mix that you will know it's not to hot for the seedlings. Why do you want to add clay pellets to your soil? That's something that is usually used for hydro. If you choose a good soil you shouldn't need to add anyting. now to make sure you don't all over water them once you get them into pots. Fill an empty pot to the top with just your soil they'll pick that up and feel the weight of it that's what a dry pot should feel like before you water it. So make sure that you develop a good wet and dry cycle. What about nutes what do you have or are planning on getting?

Ok your germanation technique it should work fine. you can use a organic potting mix to up pot to. Best to use a seedling starter mix to gut into after the 24 hr soak. Also with the seedling mix that you will know it's not to hot for the seedlings. Why do you want to add clay pellets to your soil? That's something that is usually used for hydro. If you choose a good soil you shouldn't need to add anyting. now to make sure you don't all over water them once you get them into pots. Fill an empty pot to the top with just your soil they'll pick that up and feel the weight of it that's what a dry pot should feel like before you water it. So make sure that you develop a good wet and dry cycle. What about nutes what do you have or are planning on getting?
ok here it goes, i got this organic potting mix, have no clue how hot it might be, for nutes i bought some liquid fertilizer which if i translate correctly it is earthworm fertilizer in liquid form which i should mix 1 part to 50 parts of water, i plan on using it on the seedlings wich have already suffered due to overwatering and lack of nutes maybe some will make it through. As for the new seeds i think i will soak in water for 24 hours and then plant them directly in the organic potting mix which i suppose should have enough nutea for about a month or so, by then i think they will probably need transplanting. do u think it is ok if i plant the germinated seeds directly into the organic potting mix? should i maybe mix it with some peat? or maybe just put some peat in the area where ill put the seed for humidity retention purposes? or is the organic potting soil enough? u said i can use organic potting soil "TO UP POT TO", does that mean i should plant them in peat first and then move them to soil? sorry i just got a bit confused

Can you post a pic of the potting soil my concern is that it might be a little hot for the new seedlings. If you want to mix anything into the soil perlite is probably your best bet helps with drainage. Don't think you need to add peat use one or the other and if you do use peat moss
Get some pro mix HP or Sunshine mix number 4. The problem with straight peat moss is the pH goes acidic very fast. the ones I listed above have perlite for drainage and lime to buffer the pH already added makes it easy. As far as your nutrients not what you really want
Marijuana has pretty specific nutrient needs both and vegetative in flowering stages. I would suggest getting nutrients that are designed for growing marijuana you will have much better results that way.

Can you post a pic of the potting soil my concern is that it might be a little hot for the new seedlings. If you want to mix anything into the soil perlite is probably your best bet helps with drainage. Don't think you need to add peat use one or the other and if you do use peat moss
Get some pro mix HP or Sunshine mix number 4. The problem with straight peat moss is the pH goes acidic very fast. the ones I listed above have perlite for drainage and lime to buffer the pH already added makes it easy. As far as your nutrients not what you really want
Marijuana has pretty specific nutrient needs both and vegetative in flowering stages. I would suggest getting nutrients that are designed for growing marijuana you will have much better results that way.
the potting soil is not some fancy trademark, it is just some organic soil in transparent bag, good thing i suppose is that it is very fluffy so it should be good for water retention and aeriation.

Attachments

• 1589391631415..jpg
    1589391631415..jpg
    758.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 1589391719472..jpg
    1589391719472..jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 33
I definitely wouldn't use it for my seedlings if I didn't know what it was. You need to start with a medium that you know what is in it so you're not guessing on what to add for you nutes and that it will have a stable pH. Also start with nutrients that are made for growing marijuana. If you start with a questionable medium and nutrients you're probably going to end up with questionable results. Aposed to starting with a medium that is known to work well along with nutrients and they were made for growing marijuana.

Back
Top Bottom